SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Secondary Clutch Spring Settings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Secondary Clutch Spring Settings Empty
PostSubject: Secondary Clutch Spring Settings   Secondary Clutch Spring Settings EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 1:14 am

Hey does anyone know what the sceondary spring settings are for examble it come on B1. I installed a EPI cluch kit and it had the red spring and told me to go to B4 but I still need some more bottom end as I am a big guy. When I go up a steep hill it starts to bog down.
Back to top Go down
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

PostSubject: Re: Secondary Clutch Spring Settings   Secondary Clutch Spring Settings EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 1:15 am

Oh yeh I forgot to post it is on my 07 650 XT Prowler.
Back to top Go down
Triple J

Triple J

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Secondary Clutch Spring Settings   Secondary Clutch Spring Settings EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 7:45 am

4 is the stiffest setting you can go, the secondary however doesn't do much for the power end, it grips the belt tighter with the new spring and going up to 4 will give you better backshifting.

What weight of rollers did you get witht the clutch kit?

To get more you'll have to start playing with roller weights, not sure if you are shifting out to soon or not shifting out all the way.

I've been playing with shimming the Primary and the fixed plate with great results on launch and low end power plus response up to full throttle. The problem I had is the roller weights are shifting out to fast now and I lost about 10 mph off the top. It's like a rocket up to 45 though

I currently have a moveable Primary sheave being machined for the best of both worlds, low end launch like you won't believe and no loss of top end, plus with the fixed plate mod I'll gain top end.

Last edited by Triple J on Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Triple J

Triple J

PostSubject: Re: Secondary Clutch Spring Settings   Secondary Clutch Spring Settings EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 7:58 am

Here is what the modded sheave will look like.

[img]Secondary Clutch Spring Settings 25307410[/img]

These mods are being done on the king quads with great results and the cvt's are very similar.

I should have the modded sheave and new seals here this week, there is some concern on the seals being right as the part listing is very confusing on Cats website.

If everything goes good I'll have reports this week yet.

You can also check my clutch mod post down a couple in this section for more info and pics
Back to top Go down
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

PostSubject: Re: Secondary Clutch Spring Settings   Secondary Clutch Spring Settings EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 12:28 am

I just bought the EPI Trails Clutch KIT I dont't think. it tells what wait they are. I will get ,ore info. I have purchased a new XTZ and love it but still would like to play around with my old one.
Back to top Go down
Triple J

Triple J

PostSubject: Re: Secondary Clutch Spring Settings   Secondary Clutch Spring Settings EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 12:20 pm

Either doing the sheave or shim mod will get you more grunt up the hills. Depending on which one you do it may cost you some top speed but it will hold steady all the way through your throttle range.

That or start playing with roller weights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secondary Clutch Spring Settings   Secondary Clutch Spring Settings Empty

Back to top Go down

Secondary Clutch Spring Settings
Page 1 of 1