SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday

Go down 
+4
ridepate
wvyankee2
DirtDawber
AIRBORNE
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday   Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday EmptyFri May 01, 2009 8:05 am

I just wanted to let everyone know that Moose sent me another lift yesterday to replace the one that failed. There is a noticeable difference in the rear portion, especially how it is machined. I have not installed it yet. I will try to post some pics of the rear portions side by side this evening.

Good customer service from Moose! perfect10
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday   Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday EmptyFri May 01, 2009 9:02 am

allright That's great !!
Yeah get us some pics, we wanna see !! thatsright
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday   Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday EmptyFri May 01, 2009 9:05 am

I actually don't plan on installing it at the moment. I am happy with the ground clearance I have with the rear springs from EPI. The ride is a little rougher than I like, but I want to give the springs time to wear in. I may go back to the Progressive springs and lift. We will wait and see.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday   Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:52 pm

Great to see a company standing behind their product. cheers
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday   Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:26 pm

Mines in the mail also.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday   Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday EmptyFri May 01, 2009 9:30 pm

Okey dokey. Got mine today. Am I impressed by the "Revisions"?? Nope. They are not machined deeper, like they should be. The material is the same. They did change the machining on the lower left-hand in the pic, and made a little more surface area, about 1/4 of an inch. On the right side middle of pic, instead of going straight-down, they matched it to the mount more. The right-side mod will acomplish nothing. Are they going to hold out now??
I seroiusly doubt it. They more than likely will rotate again. Sorry I took the pic the way I did. The right-side is down.

Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday 28tu8lg
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday   Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday EmptyFri May 01, 2009 9:39 pm

Why are you getting one Pate? I thought there wasnt a problem with the lift you have?

I contacted Moose and told them about my problem and they started sending out new lifts. Aint that somethin'
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday   Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday EmptyFri May 01, 2009 9:43 pm

Well, I don't know if the new one will hold up or not. I don't plan on finding out anytime real soon. I am going to run the setup I have for awhile. I hope it does hold up. I would like to go back to that cush ride of the rear Progressive springs. If anyone else puts it on, let me know how it works for you, please.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday   Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday EmptyFri May 01, 2009 9:44 pm

DoddS wrote:
Why are you getting one Pate? I thought there wasnt a problem with the lift you have?

I contacted Moose and told them about my problem and they started sending out new lifts. Aint that somethin'

I'll take free-stuff anyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday   Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:34 pm

ridepate wrote:
DoddS wrote:

I'll take free-stuff anyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep ....free is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday   Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:16 am

DoddS wrote:

Damn skippy Dodd! Thanks for paving the way Bro! thatsright thatsright You have 2 "Sugar Buscuits" on the way!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday   Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday EmptySun May 03, 2009 4:17 am

ridepate wrote:
Okey dokey. Got mine today. Am I impressed by the "Revisions"?? Nope. They are not machined deeper, like they should be. The material is the same. They did change the machining on the lower left-hand in the pic, and made a little more surface area, about 1/4 of an inch. On the right side middle of pic, instead of going straight-down, they matched it to the mount more. The right-side mod will acomplish nothing. Are they going to hold out now??
I seroiusly doubt it. They more than likely will rotate again. Sorry I took the pic the way I did. The right-side is down.

Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday 28tu8lg

Pate , I figured thay would redesign the whole thing.
Looks like the changes were were very little.
but maybe enough to stop it from wareing.
I checked mine the other day.
and there still in good shape. I hope thay stay that way... allright
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday   Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday EmptySun May 03, 2009 10:34 pm

Nah Chris, not much of a re-design. The material is the same and if you do anything slightly agressive, i.e. hit a woop and get any air, it will fail again. I relize a lot of people like to slow trail-ride, I like to do that too but if the chance arises to get some air under the tires............I'm taking it!!!!!
If it's not designed to take that abuse, tell me........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday   Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday Empty

Back to top Go down

Got my new Moose lift in the mail yesterday
Page 1 of 1