SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose overhead radio unit

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Moose overhead radio unit Empty
PostSubject: Moose overhead radio unit   Moose overhead radio unit EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 7:51 am

Does anyone have one of these? I just bought one off Ebay but i'm missing the instructions. I am only confused about one question. It came with an antenna that plugs in to the back of the radio, but it also has a red and a black wire coming out of the antenna. Would there be any reason that i would have to power the antenna? any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose overhead radio unit   Moose overhead radio unit EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 8:26 am

power to the antenna would be in case u have an electric one.....up and down.... :D
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

PostSubject: Re: Moose overhead radio unit   Moose overhead radio unit EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 9:45 am

that makes sense....1 more question. I don't want to hook my CD player directly up to my battery, so does the Rhino have any extra auxilary wires i can splice into?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Moose overhead radio unit   Moose overhead radio unit EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 12:34 pm

rubicon05 wrote:
that makes sense....1 more question. I don't want to hook my CD player directly up to my battery, so does the Rhino have any extra auxilary wires i can splice into?

Should be able to splice into any ignition wire. Or put a switch between the battery and the CD player.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose overhead radio unit   Moose overhead radio unit EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 5:47 pm

i put a fuse block from advance auto parts in the glove box.run a hot and a ground from the battery and thats all .then u can run all of your accer from it.i drill holes in the back of the glovebox,run the wires through and silicone the holes back up.keeps most a the connections dry.i ran my hot to the fuse block and the other one to the egn wire
Back to top Go down
goat72

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Moose overhead radio unit   Moose overhead radio unit EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 11:05 pm

I have the exact same setup, let me know if you have any questions...I now where a helmet when i ride hard though, you will find that your head comes pretty close to the corner of the stereo. I also designed a super cheap light bar that works perfect for it I will post pics if you want?
Back to top Go down
goat72

PostSubject: Re: Moose overhead radio unit   Moose overhead radio unit EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 11:12 pm

Moose overhead radio unit Pictur10
Back to top Go down
goat72

PostSubject: Re: Moose overhead radio unit   Moose overhead radio unit EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 11:16 pm

Moose overhead radio unit Pictur11
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

PostSubject: Re: Moose overhead radio unit   Moose overhead radio unit EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 9:49 pm

thanks for the ideas guys.......i ended up splicing into my cigarette lighter wire(the pink one) and it worked great. I even ran the wires down through the inside of the roll cage(pain in the ass, but looks so much better). It's awesome having a radio, can't wait to really go on a hard ride with it all day. Thanks for the idea of the light bar, but it won't work for me, i'm wanting a roof to cover the top and radio up. BTW...i'm love the white plastic, i plan to start painting mine this summer hopefully......
Back to top Go down
Gary

Gary

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: overhead cd unit   Moose overhead radio unit EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:00 pm

what are yaw useing, an may be a web site to order from .? does any body sell the complete unit or are you buying your radio seperate.If so is it marine grade or not.What do yaw think an do yaw take any extra care around the radio when you clean them up. I know a lot of questons but I only want to buy once lol! Gary
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

PostSubject: Re: Moose overhead radio unit   Moose overhead radio unit EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 7:52 pm

i picked mine up on Ebay, they come with speakers and an amplified antenna, but no stereo. Easy hook up, but time consuming. I washed mine this past Sunday and i just wrapped a towel around it just to be safe. I also bought a marine enclosure for it to prevent dust and water getting in it.....real nice unit.......
Back to top Go down
Gary

Gary

PostSubject: overhead radio   Moose overhead radio unit EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 9:53 am

I found a complete audio console for 399.$ any body know anything about this unit (yamaharhino.com ) do yaw think it would do the job for what its advertised to do ? Gary
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Moose overhead radio unit   Moose overhead radio unit EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 8:12 am

Gary wrote:
what are yaw useing, an may be a web site to order from .? does any body sell the complete unit or are you buying your radio seperate.If so is it marine grade or not.What do yaw think an do yaw take any extra care around the radio when you clean them up. I know a lot of questons but I only want to buy once lol! Gary

I got the in dash enclosure from sidebysidesport.com. Completely enclosed with a marine cover on the front, except for where the wires come out of the back of the box ( a little silicone fixes this). It's made by Extreme Metal Products, and I think it was like $89. I bought a Pioneer CD player from Wal-Mart for $99. My speakers are by SSV Works, most expensive part, $199(also from sidebysidesports.com). Now I've ordered a wedge set up to mount to the roll bar between the seat, at ear level. Also from the same site, $169. I mounted a cheap rubber antenena under the hood (zip tied to the bar that the battery box mounts to). Works great and is hidden. Easy install for all, just time consuming cutting out the dash, mounting speakers, and running al the wires neatly. I'm going to install this same set up on a buddies Rhino when I get home. I'm only charging him 2 cases of "courage in a can" for the job. :)
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Moose overhead radio unit   Moose overhead radio unit EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 8:15 am

goat72 wrote:
Moose overhead radio unit Pictur10

What did you use, flat bar? How did you mount it to the rollcage? I wonder if it would work, with a factory roof, with the lights mounted under the bar? scratch
Back to top Go down
Gary

Gary

PostSubject: stero   Moose overhead radio unit EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 10:25 am

Went a head an ordered the complete unit off yamaharhino webb site .They said it was back ordered a week,an that it was a fast seller.Well let yaw know what I think an how it works when it comes in Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose overhead radio unit   Moose overhead radio unit Empty

Back to top Go down

Moose overhead radio unit
Page 1 of 1