SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windrock - the land of OZ

Go down 
+12
S
CAVHOOAH
DirtDawber
Big-R
cajuncoot
Bigg Bubba
Rhino Rob
GunRunner
ChrisC
wvyankee2
ridepate
jerrzr
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:54 am

Eat Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 Randy_16Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 Randy_16 RZR Prowler Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 Randy_16 Eat

(added Tricycle)

Last edited by Bigg Bubba on Thu May 07, 2009 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added tricycle.)
Back to top Go down
CAVHOOAH

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 1:18 am

LOL....you forgot the guy on the tri-cycle !

Hey there bubba ! Just checked your profile ! KI4THX right here !
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 5:08 am

CAVHOOAH wrote:
Iteresting situation here for sure. While reading the link that was posted for me I noticed that the Fee's are a fairly new concept here also. Dang....missed out on the free membership by a few months if I read that correctly......

There never was a free membership Cav. The ones that did not have to pay were the 30 original members of the group who all paid $20 when it started last January. It was an original $20 membership fee and you got a decal for your machine. We dropped that, and after we came out with the new membership fee we didn't think it was fair to make the guys who paid before pay again.

There really isn't any money being made from this. It's not about the money but rather a way to control our rides and limit the liability of the staff. An example would be these. When we plan a ride in the open forum, it actually is open to the whole world for invitation. On our last ride we went to Wagon Wheel in Ashland, WV where we stayed at the KOA. The KOA only has 17 cabins available and they sell out quickly. Our thoughts are what if we announced a ride, and someone new logged in and saw it and invited 5 of his friends to go and booked 6 of the cabins. Then we did not have enough lodging for the guys who have been here socilaizing all year for them to attend. Another example is when you extend an open invitation to the General Public and take someone to a certain area, and then to a certain trail. You are assuming a great deal of liability for that person you dont even know. You dont know their equipment, driving ability, etc. These possible scenerio's had to be addressed out of concern for our regular active members, as well as the staff.

The shirt you get with membership makes up most of the cost when shipped of the $20 fee. the membership is for a lifetime. You wont be hit up for $20 every year.

We think the $20 Lifetime fee is affordable for everyone that wants to join. If you think about it, if someone doesn't want to pay $20 to get a T-shirt, sign a liability waiver, and join our group. One has to wonder how bad they really want to come on a ride with us. We knew that the membership thing was not going to be popular with everyone. But, we had to do what we thought was the best thing for the majority of folks who belong here. We hope you are eventually one of them. allright
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 5:37 am

as far as turning a person down who unintentionally met the group on a trail , or without the intended purpose of meeting the said group on a official ride for the expressed purpoise of riding with them. I think would be acceptable if they tagged along. Thats just my opinion.

However i do watch alot of Judge Judy Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 729242

As far as Jerrz goes or anyone else who has not signed a Southern SxS waiver and gotten a shirt (wooo hoooo) It definetly is all about Liability

Turn any ticket for an event over and read the disclaimer. If you really want to get pissed at someone, get pissed at the lawyer and jury who argued and awarded the $$$$$ settlement against McDonalds. Because of the woman who spilt coffee on herself.

I hope all misconceptions of an elitist group or organization, are dispelled and that all , white, orange , red , green , yellow labels realise this. The more the merrier, a diverse group of people/riders can contribute a wealth of knowledge and experience and hopefully no one feels denied the oppurtunity to contribute to the benefit of the whole.
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 6:53 am

I declare this an, "it's like octopus" thread.
The more you chew it, the bigger it gets. thatsright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 9:51 am

CAVHOOAH wrote:
Absolutely not Shocked

.....would you be hospitable and allow him to ride ? Or would you politely turn him away ?

The southern SxS Riders are always hospitable. Here we are at when rock. We came across some sport quads with a bent chain guard. We jumped in and got them back on the trails.

Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 X12fu5

Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 X14fx7
Back to top Go down
CAVHOOAH

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 1:28 pm

Thats awsome fellas ! nice to hear and see !

I now completely understand your reasoning behind the membership. as stated above, the T-shirt is worth the twenty really! Thanks to you all who have taken the time to reply and answer a few questions I had, I think Ill fit in well here...

Its all about the ride and the freinds made, and yall seem like a swell group of guys.

Thanks again ! CAV
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:01 pm

The southern SxS Riders are always hospitable. Here we are at when rock. We came across some sport quads with a bent chain guard. We jumped in and got them back on the trails.

break

You better watch out if someone breaks down on the trail. Clay and Rodney will almost knock people over to get to the machine in distress. trust me
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:21 pm

we are all about meeting and riding with new folks and helping anyone we can even towing them out if possible.everyone pitches in and loans out spare parts if they got them and if someone breaks we all stop and get um going again .this is the ABSOLUTE finest bunch i know and have ever rode with!!
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:30 pm

P.S. whos that long haired hippie bastard in the camo? oh hell its ok . its me!! roflmao
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 4:47 pm

its like any club or any group or gathering.... the more people
thats involved... the MORE problems ya have..... you just gotta
deal with the problems, and make something worthwhile worth having.
Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 Smiley10
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 6:34 pm

Hey Cav, I can relate a little to what you were thinking. The first group ride I went on with these folks was my first big group ride with our new Rhino. I'd never met any of these guys face to face. I was going to a place I'd never been to for the ride. I was staying in a place I'd never stayed in and knew nothing but what I'd read about it on line. The results of all of that were that I met some of the finest folks it's ever been my privilege to meet. There was much that I was a little unsure of with the Rhino. I was taken under wing so to speak, looked out for, made to feel right at home and a part of the group. And again, all from folks I'd never laid eyes on. I've bought equipment from people on this board that I've still never got a chance to meet but yet feel like I know them. This is about as good a group as I've ever fell in with. I doubt that you'll ever feel sorry about joining up, but if you do, I'll give you your $20 out of MY pocket. That's how sure I am that you'll like this bunch.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 7:57 pm

Once you join and get in the mix you'll be wondering why it didn't cost a 1000.00 to be part of a group like this roflmao Ive joined many groups and paid why more and been very disappointed and never got a T-shirt or anything. So the 15.00 or 20.00 bucks you pay for the t shirt is a hell of a deal. Just think about it, your helping an American t-shirt company survive in today's economy, helping mailmen to keep their job, upgrading your wardrobe and helping Big R put a few pennies back for upcoming pamper purchases Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 208555 dance party Not to mention, your forum name turns from drab old white to bright orange You also get into the Secret Clubhouse only Orange members can see that contains all the info on upcoming "Official Events, Rides and get together's ! Worst case , you join and dont like us, the shirts im told make great grease rags kidding
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Gunny's the man behind the curtain. Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 13435 Razz

Southern SxS Rider Membership can give you:
1. A Brain
2. A Heart
3. The Nerve

old glory RZR Rhino Prowler thatsright
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 9:00 pm

cajuncoot wrote:
we are all about meeting and riding with new folks and helping anyone we can even towing them out if possible.everyone pitches in and loans out spare parts if they got them and if someone breaks we all stop and get um going again .this is the ABSOLUTE finest bunch i know and have ever rode with!!

You guys are too much. I mean, I know you love me and all, but you are just sucking up now. Giterdone

All joking aside......this is the most awesome group of guys to ride with you will ever want to meet.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 9:11 pm

Speaking of Tee Shirts Gunny, here's one I'd like to have and can't find around here!

Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 Obamashirt
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:00 pm

If.... and when.... they find my shirt,........ I'll give 'em my twenty....
...BUNCH OF FART SMELLERS..... er ..ahhh..... I mean....SMART FELLERS!!

Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 597455 Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 597455 Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 597455 Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 597455 Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 597455 Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 597455 Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 597455 Eat
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:17 pm

I think you all need to pay me to guide you aLL; especially for those that drink. We dont take kindlly to the riff raff that bring drunks into our neieghboor hood... Windrock is like a castle. It has its secerete doors and anybody who wants to drink on the trail, the mountain has a way of takeken care of that. I'm in tight with the law of the land and can only say for those that disobey our eyes are on you....
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:24 pm

... SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN TO ME.... Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 597455
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:38 pm

jerrzr wrote:
I think you all need to pay me to guide you aLL; especially for those that drink. We dont take kindlly to the riff raff that bring drunks into our neieghboor hood... Windrock is like a castle. It has its secerete doors and anybody who wants to drink on the trail, the mountain has a way of takeken care of that. I'm in tight with the law of the land and can only say for those that disobey our eyes are on you....

Be our Guide roflmao First, I dont drink and just cause you live close dont mean squat, some of us have been to windrock probably as much as you have.
As for any deliverance types that might not look kindly at me,or might think about taking care of things that dont concern them, well I have a solution for things like that and its called a 45, locked and loaded and I assure you others in this group travel in the same fashion. allright
So I dont think you and your boyz in the hood will be making anybody around hear squeal like a pig lol!

Besides last time we invited you to join us all we got was excuses why you were pussin out roflmao

Last edited by GunRunner on Fri May 08, 2009 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:27 pm

jerrzr wrote:

roflmao roflmao roflmao You sound like another "preacher" we know............ roflmao
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:31 pm

Jerrzr, I wasnt too thrilled about this either, in the beginning. While I dont agree with some of the decisions made on this site, I do see that the majority have merit. If I disagree I have the option of contributing that opinion, or going along with, or just plain leaving the site, and not coming back. I can understand if folks are going to throw out suggestions that have insight, and could help. Throwing out threats is not the answer. The owner of this site paid for it, and his name is tied to it, and he could be libel or open to lawsuits.

Riff Raff, drunks? LMAO! You have to be kidding, right? I cant think of a way to comment on that, and be somewhat civil, so I wont comment. You may consider that too before you comment.

I dont believe we need a paid guide but can we pay you to go away?

Last edited by nocerisdave on Fri May 08, 2009 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:35 pm

jerrzr wrote:

Not sure what you are trying to say here. Not sure if I care. I sent you a PR email and you have not responded to it. Therefore, I think you are just trying to stir up crap. We have a great group here and I think everyone is trying to be nice. But if you want to be that way about it I can remove you from the site just like you asked. However, I see that you are still here LOOKING and reading. If you don't want to be here don't log in.

We are nice until you want to make threats.

P.S. The Windrock staff is looking forward to us coming. They have said so.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:45 pm

Oh and learn how to spell............jerrzr wrote:
kindlly- kindly, neieghboor hood- neighborhood,
secerete-secret, takeken-taken. If you want to be "takeken" seriously,we'll excuse the RZR. :D
Back to top Go down
CAVHOOAH

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:54 pm

Yeah....I cant agree with that crap at all...... I had questions, and they were answered in a well mannered and understanding way.... I also have a CCDW and never leave home without my ol' springer .45....cocked and locked. Come get some of this little piggie :) it wont be pleasant for one of us !

Threats like that is why I pack 100% of the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windrock - the land of OZ   Windrock - the land of OZ - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Windrock - the land of OZ
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next