SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bad battery or what??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tommy20/69

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-06-30

bad battery or what?? Empty
PostSubject: bad battery or what??   bad battery or what?? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 10:42 pm

[b] i have an 08 700 rhino now there is no telling how long the battery was on the shelf before they put it into my rhino but here is my problem when i used to ride the volt meter was always reading 14 volts or over but today i went to pull my next door neighbor's forklift off a trailer and the battery was dead well i jumped it off but afetr riding it around all day i haven't been able to get it to read 14 volts it will go to 14 every so oflten but it mainly stays at 13.9 0r 13.6 could this be a dead cell?? i know it can't bee the charging system because if i rev up the motor the volts go up so i know thats workin any ideas???
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: bad battery or what??   bad battery or what?? EmptySat May 30, 2009 4:02 am

As technical as they are. i am not going to venture a guess. But its possible
Back to top Go down
tommy20/69

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: bad battery or what??   bad battery or what?? EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:22 am

someone on another forum said don't worrie about the .4 volts but the thing is she was up to 14.2 before and then i went to crank her over and she wouldn't start . i jumped her off and now she's barely reaching 14v she's mainly hovering around 13.6/13.8 after yesterdays ride . i might just run a second battery for a backup like i had on my hpx with a cutoff switch it came in handy a few times because of a dead battery.[b]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bad battery or what??   bad battery or what?? Empty

Back to top Go down

bad battery or what??
Page 1 of 1