SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one! Empty
PostSubject: Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one!   Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:59 am

I'm getting ready to remove the sway bar. In the pic below, bolt 1 is a lot easier to get to at the top of the down link. Can I remove this one and leave that down link in place? Or do I need to remove the bottom bolt (bolt 2) along with the down link? I hate to look like a complete dumb ass, just lazy I guess. Thanks guys for any advise.

Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one! Stuff%20020
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one!   Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:44 pm

If you want to test the waters first, you can remove nut #1 and zip-tie the link over so it doesn't flop in the way. If you are ready for complete removal, then remove nut #2 on both sides and remove the bracket bolts closer to the center of the machine. Then slide the bar out.
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

PostSubject: Re: Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one!   Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:46 pm

Thanks Clay!
Back to top Go down
crossdaddy
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one!   Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:34 pm

ARE YOU GOING TO ADD WHEEL SPACERS
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

PostSubject: Re: Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one!   Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Crossdaddy, No sir I am NOT going to add spacers. Not at this time any how. Thing flings enough mud as it is! Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one! 13435 Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one! 13435 Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one! 13435 If I'd put spacers on the rear, I'd have to add flairs and I can't afford them right now. And besides, I use mine to hunt out of in deer season and there are a couple places on the farm where she just does go between the trees now. 4 inches more and I might not make it.

Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one! Mikequs%20Bigun%20Dec%2008

Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one! Christmas%20Doe%202008%20001
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one!   Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one! Empty

Back to top Go down

Question on sway bar removal. Hopefully the last one!
Page 1 of 1