SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bleeding Coolant System

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Bleeding Coolant System Empty
PostSubject: Bleeding Coolant System   Bleeding Coolant System EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:17 pm

I need some help I found some info over at RF but pics woulod be the best help

From RF

to bleed the coolant system is kind of tricky... there is a bleeder screw on top of the port from the upper hose going to the head. It is where the stock temp sensor is located. With the Rhino cool, crack open that screw, about 3/4 of the way out. then fill up the radiator. You should see coolant coming out the screw. once it comes out of the screw, close it. Then fire up the rhino, leaving radiator cap open, and let it idle for about 30 seconds, then crack the bleeder screw again until you get a steady flow of coolent coming out, then close it. Turn off the engine, and top off the radiator. Go drive it around, getting it fully warm for a little while, and do the whole process once more just to make sure, after it cools down. That should get you going again. If you notice you are having random temp changes on the gauge, there is probably still air in the system.

Last edited by shawnley1222 on Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding Coolant System   Bleeding Coolant System EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:57 pm

Open your hood and prop it open. Open your radiator while your system is cold. Take a floor jack and jack the front end up high enough that the radiator opening is higher than the engine. Start the engine and let it idol as it warms up and your thermostat starts to open the coolant will start to flow though the radiator. When this happens you will start to see air bubbles coming out and may need to add more coolant. I have done it this way many many times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding Coolant System   Bleeding Coolant System EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:03 pm

so no cracking open the "bleeder"
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding Coolant System   Bleeding Coolant System EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:16 pm

look on hunterworks site, on the gauge package install video todd shows bleeding out the system
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding Coolant System   Bleeding Coolant System EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:26 pm

no there is no need to open the bleeders. the air will end wup at the highest point which will be your radiator opening.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding Coolant System   Bleeding Coolant System EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:27 pm

thats what I figured thanks that will make it easier once I find my damn shock bolt but I dropped it and can't find the sum bitch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding Coolant System   Bleeding Coolant System Empty

Back to top Go down

Bleeding Coolant System
Page 1 of 1