SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fan on right side removed

Go down 
+2
shawnley1222
rcmass
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Fan on right side removed Empty
PostSubject: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 10:44 am

I haveleanred a lot from this site - trying to pay it forward.

For anyone wanting to remove their fan on the right side of the motor (coming out crank case), that blows air onto pipe to cool, but soemtimes will bog your engine down in water or mud....here are a few pics I took while doing mine.

hope this helps someone - Robbie

fan housing to right of fuel tank on engine side
Fan on right side removed Rhino_mods_jpg_9.sized

fan housing - looking toward rear
Fan on right side removed Rhino_mods_jpg_8.sized

remove housing bolts on top, right and left to access fan
Fan on right side removed Rhino_mods_jpg_10.sized

fan on right side to be removed, 2 botls hold it on - then I bolted the housing back on
Fan on right side removed Rhino_mods_jpg_11.sized
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 10:58 am

did you plug the the outlet hole that did run to the tube? or just leave it all open? and was there a hole left where you pulled bolts out?

sorry tryin to figure out if i want to do this or not
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 11:06 am

I put the botls back in that holds the fan.

the shaft coing out of the case (that holds teh fan and the plate the fan rests on is sealed)
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 12:17 pm

alrighty that might be happein dont know yet
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 12:25 pm

10 minute best mod I have done for water bog downs.
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 5:38 pm

Seeing as i am new to the side x side game can you please

tell me why you would want to do this

what is the draw backs of doing it as apposed to not doing it?
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 7:42 am

Dreth - this fan spins off the crank case... it pushes air through a pipe to blow air onto the outside of the exhaust pipe....just as a precaution to not melt the rubber spacer holding the pipe, and or the bed floor. I have read statements on forums there are no problems removing this, but maybe every year replace the rubber spacer ($4 part from Yamaha)

the reason to remove - since the fan turns off pf the engine - if the fan is completely submerged in water it can bog your engine down....

here is the video of me learning about the bog - I wish there was sound, because its a very distinct noise - but at the end of the video....my rhino bogs down and it appears I am stuck in teh mud - the engine was just at a low idle though floored simply because of the extra strain on the engine from that fan.... no other problems what so ever....

hope that explains why some choose to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiCG4K5iHs0
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 10:41 am

thanks for posting !!
Back to top Go down
Dreth

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 9:45 pm

Thanks for the demo. That mod has already been done to my rhino and i fully understand what you have said. This site has been very helpfull.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 10:59 pm

pay it forward - when you find something that really helps you - please share it - and remember, pics help more than anything....

glad to have you aboard
Back to top Go down
Dreth

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 7:02 am

you cam count on it.

I already have a great idea for snorkling the belt housing vent that wont be ugly and if you wanted to put it back to stock you could do it in 30 min. Ill post pics whne i start the project
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 9:02 am

if you dont already have an idea...hope this helps - i know for me - seeing pics helps mroe than naything.

https://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/photo-links-f6/snorkel-pics-t455.htm
Back to top Go down
Junkman673

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 4:25 pm

rcmass wrote:
Dreth - this fan spins off the crank case... it pushes air through a pipe to blow air onto the outside of the exhaust pipe....just as a precaution to not melt the rubber spacer holding the pipe, and or the bed floor. I have read statements on forums there are no problems removing this, but maybe every year replace the rubber spacer ($4 part from Yamaha)

the reason to remove - since the fan turns off pf the engine - if the fan is completely submerged in water it can bog your engine down....

here is the video of me learning about the bog - I wish there was sound, because its a very distinct noise - but at the end of the video....my rhino bogs down and it appears I am stuck in teh mud - the engine was just at a low idle though floored simply because of the extra strain on the engine from that fan.... no other problems what so ever....

hope that explains why some choose to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiCG4K5iHs0

that is exactly what my Rhino did. It would go great then all of a sudden bog down. I can't wait to hit a mudhole to try itout now!! Rhino

bTW thisrocks
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 11:14 pm

so are there any heat issues after removing the fan? i mean im guessing its there for a reason and that would be to cool.
and i dont have stock pipe anyways, i have the two brothers racing duals.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 6:40 am

i havent had any issues with mine removed and dont hit water everytime i go out either
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 9:14 am

no issues when I had mine - and I RODE IT HARD - EVEN RACED IT!!

AND - a non factory exhaust actually moves the air and heat out better, so one could think that would actually help vs. the stock pipe....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan on right side removed   Fan on right side removed Empty

Back to top Go down

Fan on right side removed
Page 1 of 1