SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race

Go down 
+6
Big-R
Foxfire
DirtDawber
Mud-and-Guts
cajuncoot
hunterworks
10 posters
AuthorMessage
hunterworks

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race Empty
PostSubject: Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race   Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:26 am

Michael and I won the 8hr race at Durhamtown. Actually it turned out to be a 7 hour race.

There was not a big turn out but there were four teams in the team event and only two in the ironman.

We raced against a RZR S where the drivers swapped but used same machine, against two Redline Revolts, and two RZR's.

Michael and I used his Teryx and my rhino.

I started the race and right off the line, I was in second place behind the very fast Revolt.

I ran four laps then Michael took off, unfortunately his right front A-Arm came loose but it happened right at the end of the lap. He got passed by everyone but made it to my Rhino then had to repeat part of the track where he cut.

In his four laps he was catching back up then he passed the Rhino off to me. Over the next two 7.5 mile laps I caught and passed the field.

The rest of the day we traded driving duties every four laps fueling while we swapped.

The Redlines, dropped out of race, the RZR S rolled and got going again but put them a lap down.

The remaining competitive team only had to tag out not stopping but somehow we kept a large enough lead to be able to swap and add fuel and never get passed.

Later in the race I thought I had a large lead and took it somewhat easy just wanting to finish the race and all of a sudden coming out of the woods the RZR team passed me and I didn't know they were near at all.

Taken by surprise I nailed the gas and right at the scoring gate I passed the RZR back and then by the next lap had about a minute lead on them.

It remained this way the rest of the day. So to cut this kinda short we simply won the race. It was agreed to shorten the race by the drivers on the fact that probably nothing would change and only a failure would change the results. We left the decision up to the RZR team and they said they simply could not catch us so cutting it a hour would be fine.

The rhino ran the whole race never being shut off except for Michael's one lap before he broke. We did suffer a torn right rear CV boot and by the end of the race the CV joint was clicking bad but it made it.

This was complete torture test for all parts.

The following parts were being tested:

New front HD spindles
HW Piston/Cam combo kit
HW OD Sliding weights

I am writing this the next morning after the race but it appears everything held up fine. I will have to pull CVT cover off to check the OD weights but there were was no degradation in performance.

Actually the RZR guys said, "You changed something since the last race" I said nothing but went down in cam size and our OD weights. Acceleration was awesome, was able to pass the the RZR's at will.

We will call the spindles and piston cam kit torture tested and they get a big pass!!

I am sure the weights are fine but want to look at them. If nothing melted in seven straight hours of pure hell then they are good to go.

Hunterworks, we don't just sell the parts!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterworks.com
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race   Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:48 am

great job you two! 7 hrs in the heat takes a toll on MAN and machine, let us know how the weights and sliders held up!
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race   Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 10:02 am

Congrats bro, Did you ever find out if you could get the 12 gram weights? I am looking for the 10+2 for the cover for 12 total.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race   Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 10:18 am

nopics

CONGRATS !!!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race   Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 10:21 am

Way to go Todd.....Hunterworks rules thatsright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race   Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:40 am

Good Job Todd. It is great that you won and even better that nothing broke.

winners
Back to top Go down
CaptMorgansgirl
SSXSRider Member
CaptMorgansgirl

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race   Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 12:22 pm

Congratulations! clap
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race   Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 2:32 pm

cool Giterdone
Back to top Go down
hunterworks

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race   Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 8:30 pm

Thanks all and nothing on 12 gram yet. What would you want 12 gram for? Can't think of a reason to have 12 gram total weight.

I will let you guys know how the weights and sliders held up. They still run good.

Gonna have some pics soon.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race   Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:26 pm

hunterworks wrote:
Thanks all and nothing on 12 gram yet. What would you want 12 gram for? Can't think of a reason to have 12 gram total weight.

I will let you guys know how the weights and sliders held up. They still run good.

I am running the 450 and currently running 14 gram total but would like to get the revs up just a little quicker.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race   Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 10:03 pm

perfect10
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race   Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:37 pm

Way to go Todd..... allright
Back to top Go down
hunterworks

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race   Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:13 am

mud-and-guts wrote:
hunterworks wrote:

I am running the 450 and currently running 14 gram total but would like to get the revs up just a little quicker.

I don't think it will make it run up quicker just higher RPM at shift speed which is not such a good idea unless you have done motor work.

Todd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race   Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunterworks wins 8hr. Race
Page 1 of 1