SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New 2010??????

Go down 
+13
Smith700
ridepate
Z06-08
2Slow4U
RedNeckRanger
DirtDawber
GunRunner
concours_greg
Mud-and-Guts
wvyankee2
ChrisC
Stakk
Big-R
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
concours_greg
SSXSRider Member
concours_greg

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-09-24

New 2010?????? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:55 pm

KentT wrote:
Wasn't it Shakespeare who said "Methinks the Lady protests too much..." New 2010?????? - Page 2 887541

Personally, I think waiting a few more months for the company who invented the whole recreational SxS market to bring out their new models might be worth it, for those who seem enamored by the "latest and greatest!"

But, what do I know -- I intentionally bought something just one step (though a major one, IMO) above a Kawasaki Mule...

Let's put it this way -- this delay seems to reinforce the point that the 2010 will be substantially differerent from what they sell today, and likely quite different from the prototypes we've seen pics of....

Either of those would likely be already in production -- something is still brewing in the skunkworks, IMO...

I think you are right, and Gunny too!

If you think about what happened to them all at once....the economy, the "Repair Campaign" and competition from other vendors, they had a lot of Rhino's left hanging around. It would be foolish to bring out, or even announce a new and improved version with that many still sitting around. We've just gotten a little impatient, and like most, want to see the latest and greatest. I truly hope they introduce a bad ass machine and don't jack up the price too much. We will see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamconcours.com
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:18 pm

concours_greg wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
concours_greg wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
I am glad i jumped ship.
This is all disappointing .
if i was still a Rhino guy looking for
something new , I would be pissed.... Mad

Hater Hater Hater Hater Hater Hater Hater Hater

Just wait til your little po po starts breaking stuff - then you won't have to worry about jumping ship, you'll go down with it! LOL

Nope , you are speaking way out of turn my friend..... Wink
I am surely not a Rhino hater at all... No
you will not find one bad thing i ever said about a rhino.
I bleed rhino , and believed it to be the best there ever
was . Til i drove an S , then i realized i was wrong.
and i am man enough to admit , i was wrong.... Wink
Go back and read my posts from months ago. and you will see
what a rhino supporter i really was... allright

Wow Chris I thought you had a funny bone..... or did you trade that in with the Rhino too? roflmao

I'm just funin ya bro! Ford, Chevy or Dodge it don't matter, were just out to have a good time. Make sure you give me shit if I break down, I can take it. Actually I expect it!

as far as speaking out of turn, your wrong! Take a look, it was my turn!......now it's your turn! - LOL

To show you there's no hard feelings, I will buy you a beer.....and loan you whatever tools you may need! - kidding

Greg , i apologize , for jump at you so quick.
its just got to where every thread seems latly
to turn into a Polaris bashing thread ,
and to call me a Rhino hater , i took it personal.
cause I did love Big Red right til the day i traded him
away. I took it the wrong way , So i am Sorry... Wink

I don't Drink , but i will have my Tow strap,
and to show there is no hard feelings
. I will pull you back to the truck. if you need me too... allright

Chris.... roflmao
Back to top Go down
concours_greg
SSXSRider Member
concours_greg

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:27 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Greg , i apologize , for jump at you so quick.
its just got to where every thread seems latly
to turn into a Polaris bashing thread ,
and to call me a Rhino hater , i took it personal.
cause I did love Big Red right til the day i traded him
away. I took it the wrong way , So i am Sorry... Wink

I don't Drink , but i will have my Tow strap,
and to show there is no hard feelings
. I will pull you back to the truck. if you need me too... allright

Chris.... roflmao

Now see there ya go. No beer.... OK I will buy you a Coke!... Oh wait - you have a PO PO... so how about a Fresca? Chug

Polaris does have it's problems, the same as Yamaha and Kawasaki. They will hopefully fix them as the new models are introduced. Just poke fun back at em when they crack on Polaris.

If you think people are hating on Polaris, thank your lucky stars you don't own a Chino. There is absolutely no love for those hunks of crap anywhere!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:34 pm

if i owned a Chino , I would really
deserve to be bashed. Hell i would join in... thatsright

And i cant bash back on a Rhino , Thay will use it against
me.... lol!

We have a guy here that will hunt down posts you
made a year ago and quote them back to you... roflmao

So i got to stay pure...... New 2010?????? - Page 2 13435
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:46 pm

ChrisC wrote:

made a year ago and quote them back to you... roflmao

Wonder who that guy is????????????????? roflmao

New 2010?????? - Page 2 Johnnycarsoncarnak
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:56 pm

I have no idea , But i know he is a Yankee... thatsright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:31 am

wvyankee2 wrote:
New 2010?????? - Page 2 166530

New 2010?????? - Page 2 Howtosurviveashipwreck1

New 2010?????? - Page 2 729242 New 2010?????? - Page 2 729242 New 2010?????? - Page 2 729242 New 2010?????? - Page 2 729242 New 2010?????? - Page 2 729242 New 2010?????? - Page 2 729242 New 2010?????? - Page 2 729242
Back to top Go down
Z06-08
SSXSRider Member
Z06-08

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:40 pm

Kent 2510 mule it will drag any rhino or Po Po in pairs any where i want to drag them thatsright roflmao busted Yahoo HatWave
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:55 pm

Z06-08 wrote:
Kent 2510 mule it will drag any rhino or Po Po in pairs any where i want to drag them thatsright roflmao busted Yahoo HatWave

Was talking only in terms of off-road utility/recreational use... for pure utility, the Mule would likely dragthose machines anywhere -- if it could get to them... (Though the large Ranger could hold its own, while going places a Mule could not...)

My Rhino 450 is a compromise of utility and off-road capability.... but I knew that when I bought it. There are machines better at either purpose. (I had decided on a Mule -- until I drove each of them off-road, where there's no comparison. )

I couldn't rationalize the expense of a RZR just for play, nor did I need a pure utility machine like a Mule, Gator or Kubota since I own a Power Trac articulated 4WD tool-carrier and a couple of heavy-duty old garden tractors with lots of attachments (loader buckets, grapple, mini-hoe, 1-ton cart, rough cut and finish mowers, etc.). The'll do any heavy utility work I need.

I wanted something that could do some serious work, yet also serious play... and at the price point I was willing to pay, the 450 meets my needs...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:02 pm

ChrisC wrote:

made a year ago and quote them back to you... New 2010?????? - Page 2 729242

It's really because youre a New 2010?????? - Page 2 679695 not cause youre scared of the yankee New 2010?????? - Page 2 126737 New 2010?????? - Page 2 13435
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:08 pm

GunRunner wrote:
It could be yamaha is doing is what kawasaki tried to do when its 08 teryx's had so many issues that dealers were overloaded with old inventory. They tried to hold the delivery of the 09 models up for two months so the old units could be liquidated. Yamaha had to stop selling rhinos for a long time while they did the spacer thing and all that stored 09 inventory has to be sold and the remaing 09s assembled and delivered, now how long do you think it would take to sell off all those 09 units if buyers had a choice to buy a 10 instead. They just made it a no option for buyers wanting a rhino, a 09 or nothing till next spring.

Just curious, what were "so many issues" with the 08 Teryx?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:23 pm

GunRunner wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

It's really because youre a New 2010?????? - Page 2 679695 not cause youre scared of the yankee

Chris is not a CandyAss , and he is not afraid of the Yankee either.......There is an Admin code of conduct..............He is Born again.. cheers

Marty New 2010?????? - Page 2 13435
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:25 pm

Stakk wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
It could be yamaha is doing is what kawasaki tried to do when its 08 teryx's had so many issues that dealers were overloaded with old inventory. They tried to hold the delivery of the 09 models up for two months so the old units could be liquidated. Yamaha had to stop selling rhinos for a long time while they did the spacer thing and all that stored 09 inventory has to be sold and the remaing 09s assembled and delivered, now how long do you think it would take to sell off all those 09 units if buyers had a choice to buy a 10 instead. They just made it a no option for buyers wanting a rhino, a 09 or nothing till next spring.

Im not bashing the teryx just pointing out what was heavily documented in many magazines and on the teryx forum. There were several first year bugs i read about, belts shredding and making all kinds odd squealing noises at idle and high heat levels to the riders and passengers, also some overheating issues being the most talked about and other 08 things that made the 09s a better choice like a gas gauge, EFI, redesigned belt and cooling system upgrades + dump beds on all models.I know because i was set to buy a teryx and researched them a lot before deciding not to buy one.
Back to top Go down
concours_greg
SSXSRider Member
concours_greg

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:27 pm

Stakk wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Fuel delivery - Transmission - Drive Belts - Differentials...... but the belt seemed to be the one that showed it's ugly head too often.

I love the Teryx, but the first year for them wasn't too bad, but they do have some bugs. I still can't believe they didn't put a fuel gauge in those things.

For those who remember, the 04 Rhino's had a ton of problems too, but Yamaha got on it. Maybe that's why hardly anything is interchangeable between an 04 and any other year.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:30 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

It's really because youre a New 2010?????? - Page 2 679695 not cause youre scared of the yankee

Chris is not a New 2010?????? - Page 2 679695 , and he is not afraid of the Yankee either.......There is an Admin code of conduct..............He is Born again.. New 2010?????? - Page 2 Icon_cheers

Marty New 2010?????? - Page 2 13435

Born Again ? thats a stretch. But im sure he will do a good job as head Administrator. New 2010?????? - Page 2 971386
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:32 pm

concours_greg wrote:
Stakk wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Fuel delivery - Transmission - Drive Belts - Differentials...... but the belt seemed to be the one that showed it's ugly head too often.

I love the Teryx, but the first year for them wasn't too bad, but they do have some bugs. I still can't believe they didn't put a fuel gauge in those things.

For those who remember, the 04 Rhino's had a ton of problems too, but Yamaha got on it. Maybe that's why hardly anything is interchangeable between an 04 and any other year.

Yeah, I am thinking about starting a thread about the shortcomings of all the machines. They all have had their problems at the start.

Terxy- Belt
Rhino- Axles and burning oil
RZR- engine rebuilds

You can go on and on but that would be Hijack
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:33 pm

concours_greg wrote:
Stakk wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

The 08s were so hard to get off dealers lots that many of us on this forum saw them for as little as 6000.00 brand new advertised on ebay. Thats cheaper than there smaller atvs were selling for just so they could get the 09s in.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:35 pm

GunRunner wrote:

Born Again ? thats a stretch. But im sure he will do a good job as head Administrator. New 2010?????? - Page 2 971386

I would not go so far as too say "head Administrator". roflmao

But you can say a good addition to the group!!!
Back to top Go down
concours_greg
SSXSRider Member
concours_greg

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:42 pm

"Head Administrator"?????????

I have about a thousand dirty jokes that just came to mind!!!!!! pot

Actually it sounds like a job for a woman!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:14 pm

GunRunner wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

made a year ago and quote them back to you... New 2010?????? - Page 2 729242

It's really because youre a New 2010?????? - Page 2 679695 not cause youre scared of the yankee New 2010?????? - Page 2 126737 New 2010?????? - Page 2 13435

Well , you Dame well know i ant no Candy ass.
in no form or fashion. And there ant nothing on 2 legs
I am scared of.... Rolling Eyes

I am just trying to be a little more Professional
than some of you Turd Heads ,
And not get in a pissing Match over
something silly..... Wink
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:16 pm

ChrisC wrote:

And not get in a pissing Match over
something silly..... Wink

cheers
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:35 pm

[quote="ChrisC"
Quote :

Thats Mr. Turdheads to you, New 2010?????? - Page 2 729242
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:43 pm

I'm glad I'm not a Turd Head. thatsright

Last edited by DirtDawber on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:04 pm

DirtDawber wrote:
I'm glad I"m not a Turd Head. New 2010?????? - Page 2 971386

Yea you are a step above us..... New 2010?????? - Page 2 Lol New 2010?????? - Page 2 5879-s10
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:43 pm

cheers woo hoo poo humper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 2010??????   New 2010?????? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New 2010??????
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Yamaha-
Jump to: