SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mid Travel Kit.......

Go down 
+14
r6realtor
Rhino Rob
roadiestar
Foxfire
GunRunner
S
RZRS-EDGE
Smith700
AIRBORNE
wvyankee2
Wingman
ridepate
Mud-and-Guts
Big-R
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Mid Travel Kit....... Empty
PostSubject: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 3:50 pm

Anyone running a mid travel kit on their rhino in the woods?
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 4:18 pm

subscribing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 6:02 pm

No, but I wanted to, big-time. The right set-up would be sweet on a Rhino. Width would not increase enough to be a problem, in most cases, but the plushness you would get suspension-wise would rock!!! And you can use the stock-Rezzies or stock-re-springed shocks with most of the kits. You also get the benifit of some lift also.
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 9:01 pm

I wanted to go +3 as soon as we got our Rhino. Everyone I talked to said it wouldn't fit in some places we ride. I went with spacers and fit. I then changed to 2+5 on the rear and fit. The thing I didn't like ....... we could not have got more muddy if we had rolled in it!!!!! I just went back to 5+2 and no spacers.

SXS's have been around long enough now that most of the used trails are wide enough for a +3.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 9:42 pm

Wingman wrote:
I wanted to go +3 as soon as we got our Rhino. Everyone I talked to said it wouldn't fit in some places we ride. I went with spacers and fit. I then changed to 2+5 on the rear and fit. The thing I didn't like ....... we could not have got more muddy if we had rolled in it!!!!! I just went back to 5+2 and no spacers.

SXS's have been around long enough now that most of the used trails are wide enough for a +3.

Yeah, a year ago I would have told you that 60" is way to wide to fit in the woods. I was wrong.

With the wheels I have now 5+2 the rhino would be about 62" wide. I don't think I will have any real problems getting around.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 9:45 pm

No Sir you won't. It will be a different machine fo-sho.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 10:56 pm

62 wide with a good set of shocks would be sweet on the rhino. I know a few trails around here where I would not fit without trimming a few trees but it would be worth it for the handling.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 11:40 pm

mud-and-guts wrote:
62 wide with a good set of shocks would be sweet on the rhino. I know a few trails around here where I would not fit without trimming a few trees but it would be worth it for the handling.

You can always find away around. I thought 60" would not fit and it does just fine.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 11:47 pm

My Rhino was 59-1/2, 2+5's in the rear,5+2 with 1-inch spacer front,I never had a problem. Go for it bro!!!! Bring it to the house, and I'll put it on.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 11:54 pm

ridepate wrote:
My Rhino was 59-1/2, 2+5's in the rear,5+2 with 1-inch spacer front,I never had a problem. Go for it bro!!!! Bring it to the house, and I'll put it on.

It all depends on if the deal comes through. If it does then it is a no brainer. If not, then the mid travel is going on the rhino. Also, I might take you up on the help.....
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 9:38 am

Big-R wrote:
ridepate wrote:

It all depends on if the deal comes through. If it does then it is a no brainer. If not, then the mid travel is going on the rhino. Also, I might take you up on the help.....

Good luck bro,

I hope you get the mid travel I'd like to see it in action compared to the other SxS's.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:01 am

Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Any news bro?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 6:38 am

Humm, scratch What to do, what to do.......
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:56 am

I think it looks cool. It still won't have the power you are looking for, but it sure would ride nice.

Ronnie, did you ever put the Dynatek on? Did you notice a difference?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:25 am

Airborne LT wrote:
I think it looks cool. It still won't have the power you are looking for, but it sure would ride nice.

Ronnie, did you ever put the Dynatek on? Did you notice a difference?

Yes, I put the Dynateck on at the last Windrock ride. It started acting up so I had to disconnect it. However, the short time it worked it made a big difference. I have put an email in to them and see if they will fix it for me.

I am torn between buying an S, then buying all new crap for the RZR and spend thousands. Or add some engine mods to the Rhino and mid Travel kit. I am going to do something soon.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:06 pm

ronnie i know i will get bashed for this but if i was you i would leave my engine COPLETELY stock with the exception of cdi,clutch sheave.Or you will be replacing axles left and right,because the stock or 99% of aftermarket axles cannot handle the extra power,but donnt blow up your motor just because you want about 5-6 more hp,but it is entirely your decision
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:23 pm

I would go with the RZR....don't waste your $$
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 6:25 pm

yep i would get the rzr......BUT ronnie wait until next model year if you can hold it so you can get the 850 xp motor in one thatsright
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 6:45 pm

850 v-twin would be sweet.......
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:26 pm

smith700 wrote:
yep i would get the rzr......BUT ronnie wait until next model year if you can hold it so you can get the 850 xp motor in one thatsright

I doubt you are goint to see the 850 in the RZR anytime in the near future. You might see it at the end of 2010 or possilby summer 2011, but I was not willing to wait 2 extra years. I wanted to ride now. 2cents I was told by at least three people I was stupid for buying my S when I did because the 850 motor was bound to be in the 2010 model. Guess what..... ownedsm
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:41 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
smith700 wrote:

I doubt you are goint to see the 850 in the RZR anytime in the near future. You might see it at the end of 2010 or possilby summer 2011, but I was not willing to wait 2 extra years. I wanted to ride now. 2cents I was told by at least three people I was stupid for buying my S when I did because the 850 motor was bound to be in the 2010 model. Guess what..... ownedsm

X2
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:56 pm

Well you got till summer time too decide roflmao just deck the old rhino out, be cheaper than a s.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:42 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Well you got till summer time too decide roflmao just deck the old rhino out, be cheaper than a s.

Gunny It probably would be less. However, I would hate to spend the money on the Rhino and not be happy. I can get a regular RZR and still be happy.

I just logged a few hundred miles on an 08 RZR and it was a lot of fun. Hell I don't think you have to have an S ..... it would just be nice to have one....... That was a lot of HAVES Mid Travel Kit....... 13435
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Big-R wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Gunny It probably would be less. However, I would hate to spend the money on the Rhino and not be happy. I can get a regular RZR and still be happy.

I just logged a few hundred miles on an 08 RZR and it was a lot of fun. Hell I don't think you have to have an S ..... it would just be nice to have one....... That was a lot of HAVES Mid Travel Kit....... 13435

Honestly Ronnie, where have you been that the Rhino did'nt go and a RZR did??? My answer would be nowhere.........Buy the Mid-Travel, ring-out the Rhino and smile..............BTW, I still miss mine........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... Empty

Back to top Go down

Mid Travel Kit.......
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next