SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mid Travel Kit.......

Go down 
+14
r6realtor
Rhino Rob
roadiestar
Foxfire
GunRunner
S
RZRS-EDGE
Smith700
AIRBORNE
wvyankee2
Wingman
ridepate
Mud-and-Guts
Big-R
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:40 pm

ridepate wrote:
Big-R wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
Well you got till summer time too decide roflmao just deck the old rhino out, be cheaper than a s.

Gunny It probably would be less. However, I would hate to spend the money on the Rhino and not be happy. I can get a regular RZR and still be happy.

I just logged a few hundred miles on an 08 RZR and it was a lot of fun. Hell I don't think you have to have an S ..... it would just be nice to have one....... That was a lot of HAVES Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 13435

Honestly Ronnie, where have you been that the Rhino did'nt go and a RZR did??? My answer would be nowhere.........Buy the Mid-Travel, ring-out the Rhino and smile..............BTW, I still miss mine........

Something is about to happen. If I do go with the RZR I will probably keep the old rhino just in case.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:11 pm

Good thinkin Ronnie. I have the RZR for the fun rides........the Rhino for everything else.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:24 pm

ronnie,i know its a hard decision,but you have already put alot of time and money in the rhino and,yes the rzr's are alot of fun but it aint worth selling the rhino for 8 or 9k then pulling out another 5k on an "S" ,model or 2k on a standard/LE,then putting 800$ in tires and wheels,and another 2k in mods on the rzr............just keep what ya got for now,then in late august 10' shutup trade and get ya the rzr killer-made by yamaha thatsright
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:40 pm

I think everyone knows where my vote goes................ ownedsm
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:47 pm

right there with ya mud&guts thatsright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:27 am

smith700 wrote:
ronnie,i know its a hard decision,but you have already put alot of time and money in the rhino and,yes the rzr's are alot of fun but it aint worth selling the rhino for 8 or 9k then pulling out another 5k on an "S" ,model or 2k on a standard/LE,then putting 800$ in tires and wheels,and another 2k in mods on the rzr............just keep what ya got for now,then in late august 10' shutup trade and get ya the rzr killer-made by yamaha thatsright

Believe me, I have thought this same thing over and over. However, it is a good possibility that Yamaha will not do poo
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:35 am

smith700 wrote:
Ronnie donnt blow up your motor just because you want about 5-6 more hp,but it is entirely your decision

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 9:56 am

I doubt Yamaha is going to make a "RZR killer". I don't think anyone out there is even in the same league right now (talking stock machines). The RZR is by far the best trail machine, IMO. And that is not a knock on any other machines. From what I have seen this year (all things considered) nothing touches the RZR. Not trying to start any crap with anyone. I like all the machines. I am just saying when I was driving the Rhino and then jumped in two or three RZR out on the trail, it was apparent to me that if I wanted to gain the power and sportiness I was looking for, I was going to have to have a RZR. Don't get me wrong......I LOVE the Rhino, especially with the power steering. BUT, Yamaha will have to go back to the drawing board to make something to compete with the RZR. First and foremost, the Rhino is extremely heavy. You pair that weight with a single cylinder engine and rigid suspension.........well, you connect the dots. Again, not bashing any brand.....just giving my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am

yamaha was skeered to even release there 4 door the developed, so dont look for anything outstanding from them, they are gun shy from being sued so many times.

And no shame in buying a regular rzr, set it up right and its as good as a s for trail riding. I would have put my le up against a s any day except flat out top end running.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:25 am

Just wait for the Canam
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:45 am

roadiestar wrote:
Just wait for the Canam

Yep Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation That or the up coming "Sport Cat"
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:21 am

Foxfire wrote:
roadiestar wrote:
Just wait for the Canam

Yep Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation That or the up coming "Sport Cat"

Are you kidding on this. Because I have heard that it is ready to go. The economy stop it's release. I can't wait to see this one. I bet it will not be $14,000.
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:00 pm

But it will be the fastest and best handling one. Whats the big deal if you have to wait another month or two. All im saying is don't jump.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Yeah the R might be up to something........ 787??????
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:39 pm

Big-R wrote:
Yeah the R might be up to something........ 787??????

A Jet Big-R? roflmao

Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 06boeing600
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Big-R wrote:
Something is about to happen. If I do go with the RZR I will probably keep the old rhino just in case.

Yeah Ronnie go with the RZR and park the RHINO in the yard...Plant some pretty flowers in the bed
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Jerry wrote:
Big-R wrote:

Yeah Ronnie go with the RZR and park the RHINO in the yard...Plant some pretty flowers in the bed

The Rhino will go to the lake and finally do what I bought it for. Hauling coolers, fire wood and just having a damn good time down there.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:25 pm

Dont buy a rzr ! I know i dont want to be lookin at you all the time with a big poo eating grin on your face lol!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:34 am

i know it,here is what I think yamaha should have in a new sxs.
750/800 V-twin EFI
56-58" wide
stock with bighorns/growlers/xtr's
sligltly lowered cage
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:32 am

Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 Stop-whining
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:37 am

put a Rotax or Kawi motor in your Rhino thatsright woo hoo
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:00 am

roadiestar wrote:
put a Rotax or Kawi motor in your Rhino thatsright woo hoo

I am hoping that Kawasaki will put that 750 in some kind of sport machine. Now that would be nice!!!!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:10 pm

i am hoping that yamaha will put a 750/800 V-twin but i doubt they will
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:44 pm

smith700 wrote:

Smith, I doubt it too. They do not have a 750 or a 800 twin in any of there bikes. They would have to make an engine and that probably will not happen. They do have a 650 and a 950 twin I think. But they are in their road bikes. They do not have a twin in any off road machine..... yet.
Back to top Go down
r6realtor

r6realtor

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:04 pm

Big-R wrote:
smith700 wrote:

Smith, I doubt it too. They do not have a 750 or a 800 twin in any of there bikes. They would have to make an engine and that probably will not happen. They do have a 650 and a 950 twin I think. But they are in their road bikes. They do not have a twin in any off road machine..... yet.

They have 2, 3, and 4 cylinder BADA$$ 4 stroke snomobile engines! Look at some of those HP numbers, they have the engines/technology they just have to make them fit and not get sued. There 2 cylinder 499cc pumps out over 80HP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mid Travel Kit.......   Mid Travel Kit....... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mid Travel Kit.......
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next