SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system Empty
PostSubject: Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system   Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 12:14 pm

This company has developed software that is compatible with Garmin Mapsource that has all the trails for the Hatfield/McCoy system. Simply buy and download into your GPS, and you are an expert guide for H/M. Sounds like pretty cool Mod for your GPS.

http://www.vvmapping.com/orvtrailGPSWV.html
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557

PostSubject: Re: Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system   Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 4:20 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. Of all the places we have rode, the H&M trails were marked the best. We had no trouble navigating with the map. Now other places ..... even with a map at times we had no clue where we were. Even after finding our way back ..... we have no clue where we were at.

Hopefully the H&M authority will soon allow the SXS's on the blue trails.
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system   Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 12:10 pm

does anyone make these for lowrance gps systems?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system   Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:27 pm

Might not be exactly what your looking for, but this is some cool software for Lowrance compatability.

http://www.expertgps.com/
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

PostSubject: Re: Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system   Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 9:57 pm

im not the most pc tech guy,i know.I was hoping someone had maps to download,but then again i think the 540 has tracking ,so at least I will find my way back,LOL
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system   Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 10:04 pm

There are free trail maps at each trailhead, and the trails are very clearly marked. You will have no problem.
Back to top Go down
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system   Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 3:43 pm

I was there last fall and as said, printed maps are available at the trailhead or at most motels. Trails are really marked nice, so no worries about getting lost. I hope to get back there later this year. Sid.
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

PostSubject: Re: Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system   Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:52 pm

You guys were right a piece of cake to navigate there.I didnt even take a map 75% of the time...were going back the 23rd of aug and again the 9th of oct.we loved it there
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system   Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:13 pm

rottenrhino wrote:
You guys were right a piece of cake to navigate there.I didnt even take a map 75% of the time...were going back the 23rd of aug and again the 9th of oct.we loved it there

Glad you had a good time. :campfire: RZR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system   Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system Empty

Back to top Go down

Help in navigating the Hatfield/McCoy trail system
Page 1 of 1