SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S Pulling hard to the right.

Go down 
+3
RedNeckRanger
bush
nocerisdave
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

S Pulling hard to the right. Empty
PostSubject: S Pulling hard to the right.   S Pulling hard to the right. EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 8:16 pm

Anybody ever experienced this. I leave out for a short ride today. The S feels kinda like its pulling to the right......when I gas it very hard pull to the right hard enough it almost put me in the ditch at about 40 MPH. So I make my way back to the house and put it on my lift. Nothing loose that I can see. I checked for broken axles, arms or tie rods. Everything seems to be as it should. So I take it back out to have one of my neighbors drive it down the road while I look from the rear to see what could be moving. It doesnt do it again. I drove it around for a while and it was acting as it should.

I did some lubing and made some shock adjustments yesterday while it was on my lift. Is it possible I had an axle come out of either diff, then when I lifted it again it went back in once I put it back on the ground? My lift, lifts from the center of the S so all four wheels are not in contact with anything while on the lift. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: S Pulling hard to the right.   S Pulling hard to the right. EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 8:33 pm

sounds like a axle came out of the diff. check for oil leaking out of the diff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: S Pulling hard to the right.   S Pulling hard to the right. EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 8:49 pm

After some mores searches lots say there was a recall on the rear axles and diff. Have you got a letter from PoPo bush. Or is it dealers only replace them it the owner has issues?
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: S Pulling hard to the right.   S Pulling hard to the right. EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 9:41 pm

sounds like a low tire....
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: S Pulling hard to the right.   S Pulling hard to the right. EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 9:47 pm

Nope not a low tire. Checked that. To pull as hard as it did it would have to have been a blowout.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: S Pulling hard to the right.   S Pulling hard to the right. EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 9:57 pm

I think the early 09 S models had some issues with axles popping out. I know my buddy Clark is having trouble with an axle popping out now as well. His screen name is HillbillyRZRS. He was supposed to be giving his a once over yesterday. Send him a PM and he may be able to shoot you some info on what his problem was.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: S Pulling hard to the right.   S Pulling hard to the right. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:16 am

if i remember right.....the last time i broke my drivers side rear axle...on the way back to the trailor ,it would pull hard to the right when i was on the gas....check yr rear axles again
Back to top Go down
yellow660

yellow660

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: S Pulling hard to the right.   S Pulling hard to the right. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 7:30 am

what your describing sounds exactly like a broken axle. been there many times.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: S Pulling hard to the right.   S Pulling hard to the right. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 8:38 am

Clark described to me exactly what you are complaining of. He said he thought the problem was a clip not holding the axle in. He was supposed to work on it Saturday. I am sure he would be willing to share his knowledge. He is without power (or at least he was Friday night) but if you give me your phone number I will pass it on to him and have him give you a call.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: S Pulling hard to the right.   S Pulling hard to the right. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:22 pm

The axle coming out on the S was the first run of units,it was rear only so check your build date on the decal above right front tire on the frame if its back around aug or sept of 08, take it to a dealer and they should fix it. The issue was the groove the retaining ring fits in was cut too shallow to hold good.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Mikebike4

Mikebike4

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: S Pulling hard to the right.   S Pulling hard to the right. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:21 pm

GunRunner wrote:
The axle coming out on the S was the first run of units,it was rear only so check your build date on the decal above right front tire on the frame if its back around aug or sept of 08, take it to a dealer and they should fix it. The issue was the groove the retaining ring fits in was cut too shallow to hold good.

humper If you have an early 09, don't take no for an answer from the dealer, make 'em fix it. The diff. has a sticker showing the build date from Dana also.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: S Pulling hard to the right.   S Pulling hard to the right. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:32 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I didnt realize this was a common issue. I dont think I have a broken axle after taking that second run. I dont see any leaks from the diff, cvs or boots. so it sounds like the popping out thing. I am in Memphis will check the date tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: S Pulling hard to the right.   S Pulling hard to the right. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:25 pm

Gunny the build date on mine is 3-09. Do you know if popo covers the early 09?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S Pulling hard to the right.   S Pulling hard to the right. Empty

Back to top Go down

S Pulling hard to the right.
Page 1 of 1