SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pulling the winch gearbox apart.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Pulling the winch gearbox apart. Empty
PostSubject: Pulling the winch gearbox apart.   Pulling the winch gearbox apart. EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:12 am

I got out yesterday planning to make a step by step video on greasing the gearbox and when I came in to check out the footage found I had issues with the volume and a few issues with the video so I got to playing with the footage and made a little video that might give you an idea of what inside the winch gearbox looks like. This is the second time I have had mine apart in a year and a half and I like doing it because it keeps the winch operating quite and this way I know what kind of shape it is in..

I know I have said this before but if you ever use your winch when it is under water the winch acts like a vacuum and can pull water in through the bearing behind the engage/disengage lever (or anywhere else a seal is involved) that will cause premature failure, a common symptom of this happening is the bearing will try to stick and cause the engage/disengage hard to spin and/or a noisy gearbox. Next time I pull mine apart I will try to get a better detailed video.

Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/

Pulling the winch gearbox apart.
Page 1 of 1