SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mud and Water in the air Box

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dino
SSXSRider Member
Dino

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Mud and Water in the air Box Empty
PostSubject: Mud and Water in the air Box   Mud and Water in the air Box EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 3:58 pm

I have a 2009 RZR s
Okay today I removed my air bix lid and mud and water came out. Not a lot but it scared me. The filter was dry and it had some mud splatter on it. I have noticed that every time I get into deep mud holes (Never deeper than the floor board) that I get some but not this amount. Has anyone else seen this problem and how did you fix it. The design of that lid is half ass at best. affraid
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Mud and Water in the air Box   Mud and Water in the air Box EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 4:33 pm

the box lid has a tab on top that must fit in a slot, plus you need to put grease around the inside edge of the lid. Ive had mine under water and never had a drop in side. The lid has a rubber seal in the lip, you should check, my guess, You either didn't have the lid properly seated or you have a bad lid. as a safety measure outerware sells a prefilter for the new bigger air filter that is water resistant.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Dino
SSXSRider Member
Dino

PostSubject: Re: Mud and Water in the air Box   Mud and Water in the air Box EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:20 pm

I will check it again but I recently replaced the filter and I replaced the oring. I noticed that the oring does not have much of a groove where the slot is located. Every where else it sets deep in the cap. Is your that way?
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Mud and Water in the air Box   Mud and Water in the air Box EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:25 pm

getting the tab locked in tight and the clips on should seal it tight, are you locking the tab in its slot?
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Dino
SSXSRider Member
Dino

PostSubject: Re: Mud and Water in the air Box   Mud and Water in the air Box EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:34 pm

I am going out to check it now and I will let you know
Back to top Go down
Dino
SSXSRider Member
Dino

PostSubject: Re: Mud and Water in the air Box   Mud and Water in the air Box EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:40 pm

Gunny,
Give me a call if you don't mind my number is 615 293 4795
Back to top Go down
Dino
SSXSRider Member
Dino

PostSubject: Re: Mud and Water in the air Box   Mud and Water in the air Box EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:50 pm

Gunny I think you hit the nail on the head. I took it off and reinstalled it being careful to get the tab aligned and it felt tighter when in put the clamps on. I think that may have been it.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Mud and Water in the air Box   Mud and Water in the air Box EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:50 pm

At-a-boy Gunny! thatsright thatsright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mud and Water in the air Box   Mud and Water in the air Box Empty

Back to top Go down

Mud and Water in the air Box
Page 1 of 1