SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for Polaris Owners

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhino X 2
SSXSRider Member
Rhino X 2

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Question for Polaris Owners Empty
PostSubject: Question for Polaris Owners   Question for Polaris Owners EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:00 pm

Im thinking about getting a RZR but I dont know anything about them. I know there are alot of opinions on the different brands and models, but the information Im looking for is problems, what to look out for. I cannot afford the get a new S model so I have been looking for a used one. I have found 2008 models from $4400 to $ 10,000.00 all of them claim to be in good shape with low miles and different mods and add ons. Excluding the S model which ones should I try to find? What kind of damage should I look for? and what year model should I stay away from?

Thanks for your Help
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Question for Polaris Owners   Question for Polaris Owners EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:59 pm

X2 here is a good thread to take a look at.

https://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/polaris-rzr-and-ranger-f10/thinking-about-getting-another-utv-t6114.htm

Your gonna have to pick through what applies to you for every member you can get a different opinion. I have a 09 S and I still have the Rhino, for now. I can tell you that there is absolutely no comparison in performance on the stock units. The RZR is not built as well as a rhino, and mine will take more of a beating due to better performance. That said, I think most rzrs get the crap beat out of them. The intake seems to be an issue in all models, so definitely take a look at the intake and look for dust in the boot. I have seen that many guys over on another forum have 3k and more miles on 08s and 09s. That tell me if you service like you should they will last. They 08s seem even more problematic with the intake, just so you are aware. Good luck with your hunt!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Question for Polaris Owners   Question for Polaris Owners EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 11:42 pm

The intake on the 08's is one of the only things you need to look for. Where is the 08 for $4400. You could buy that thing and do a build. Turn it into one bad machine!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for Polaris Owners   Question for Polaris Owners Empty

Back to top Go down

Question for Polaris Owners
Page 1 of 1