SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good full windshield ?

Go down 
+6
Rhino Rob
2Slow4U
wvyankee2
ridepate
Big-R
ClayW
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Good full windshield ? Empty
PostSubject: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 4:20 pm

What would be a good full windshield that won't break the bank. I don't want a piece of crap! There is a polycarbonate one on eBay for 159 shipped.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:04 pm

I have the Hunterworks. It will break the bank but it is a damn good windshield. Also, there is a lock and ride windshield that is pretty good. I am not sure who makes it. PM mking for the info on that one.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Try EMP too Clay..........
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Make sure it is Polycarbonate (Lexan), and not Acrylic (Plexiglass) The one on Ebay for $159 or $174 Tinted would be a good one.
Back to top Go down
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Yeah, Thats the one i'm looking at on ebay.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:58 pm

I just ordered the 1/2 windshield from Dash Customs on eBay. It's been shipped but hasn't arrived yet, so I can't tell you what the quality is like. I will tell you that his customer service is EXCELLENT.

He's custom cutting mine to fit around my UTV Concepts front spare tire carrier -- for FREE. We chatted a couple times on the phone, and emailed back and forth a couple times. Donald is a good guy to deal with!

I hope to install it this weekend. I'm going to try getting by with the 1/2 windshield and strap on the plastic full windshield when absolutely necessary. The trails up here are so tignt with so many overhanging limbs that I didn't really want to try a full one...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:25 pm

i got the one off ebay from the guy in kentucky (full windshield),,,, if i could do it again, i would get the folding one he sells.... but i do really like mine.
Back to top Go down
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Thanks guys. The folding one from that guy on eBay is the one I'm gona go with. I called them this AM. I like folks you can call on the phone.
Back to top Go down
SkylerChamblee

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:54 pm

has anybody ever seen this windshield...looks really cool but ive never seen t around here here is a link to it http://www.powermadd.com/PM20202-RZR-Installed.jpg
let me know cause im gonna buy one this week

thanks
skyler
Back to top Go down
http://www.boggersunlimited.com
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:34 pm

I have the Yamaha half and EMP upper. I really like this setup because in the summer I run the half and it blocks a lot of mud and water when splashing the creeks and mud holes but does not block vision and you do not have to get out and clean it because you can see over it....

Then when it turns cold I put on the EMP top half to block the cold air.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:50 pm

i have the one from the guy in ky it is the folding windshield for 219 it is agood windshield i have had it for about a month now.
Back to top Go down
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:29 pm

Well, I got it in, and installed it. Love it. Their dang customer service is amazing. Call and they answer... And help... Dash Customs on Ebay gets a Gold Star in my book. Very Nice kit. Great folks to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:29 am

pix !
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:44 am

Glad you got set up with a good one. allright
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 5:13 pm

Hay I have a hunterworks scratch proof, you can beat it with a hammer . There is a guy motel,makes a sweet windshield 1/2- 80 clear-90 smoked-full I think 120 smoked 140. e-add is son-lan@sbcglobal.net everybody loves them
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 5:42 pm

ClayW wrote:
Well, I got it in, and installed it. Love it. Their dang customer service is amazing. Call and they answer... And help... Dash Customs on Ebay gets a Gold Star in my book. Very Nice kit. Great folks to deal with.
X2... Donald is great to deal with, and the quality seems to be top notch.

I couldn't believe that he doesn't charge extra for special orders/special cutting. To go around the grab-handle on my front tire mount, I had him cut a 1.5" wide slot, 5" long on each side of instrument cluster. He did it for free...

Amazing, in these days, from someone you don't know or have never done business with...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good full windshield ?   Good full windshield ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Good full windshield ?
Page 1 of 1