SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can ATVs join the club?

Go down 
+15
Gimpy
AIRBORNE
Triple J
RedNeckRanger
Rocco
Smith700
Mud-and-Guts
Foxfire
Big-R
loosenut
DoddS
GunRunner
nocerisdave
ridepate
rhino nut
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:06 am

ahhh. i see, thanks for the update Ronnie.
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:06 am

hide hide hide turkey
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:27 am

smith700 wrote:
ya.....we are the southern SXS riders......just a question, but if he is a "rhino nut" why would he be wondering about atv's
If you will read in the original Post that they are 10 of us that have SxS an some friends that have ATVs that were wanting me to find out if they were allowed in the club. Thats all I was asking. Thats why I was asking about ATVs. Does that answer your question?
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:29 am

Rocco wrote:
Yea,,I think a simple No would be his answer,,That’s all he ask..
Atv’s do have their own sites too…Before I got my Sidexside,,I looked at a lot of site’s before this one,,,and got my sidexside then I joined this site Not a Atv site,,So what’s the Big Deal here……….
just my 0.2 cents
Thats what I am saying. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:31 am

mud-and-guts wrote:
Yes this is a sideXside club and site but didn't we all start on an ATV????? I know I did........

I know this is not my decision and I have no opinion on this matter but honestly when on the trails who argues over what you ride??? as long as you have fun, be safe, and everyone gets along??????????????

AMEN to that.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:36 am

rhino nut wrote:
mud-and-guts wrote:
Yes this is a sideXside club and site but didn't we all start on an ATV????? I know I did........

I know this is not my decision and I have no opinion on this matter but honestly when on the trails who argues over what you ride??? as long as you have fun, be safe, and everyone gets along??????????????

AMEN to that.

That is most important for sure.
Back to top Go down
loosenut
SSXSRider Member
loosenut

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:11 pm

rhino nut, u asked a question sum of us answered. Might not have been the answer u were looken for, who knows. Maybe u should have sent BigR a private message. But as for the remark about not joining the''club'' i think was wrong. They are alot of good members here, sum of them are my good friends,sum like a brother from another mother! I think u would be missing out if u didnt 2cents
Back to top Go down
Triple J

Triple J

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:57 pm

I guess I don't get it, I've seen very few videos here that don't have an atv in them.

We ride with all kinds and types of machines and have always welcomed everyone.

Does it really matter what they ride if these guys want to donate and help keep the forum going???? I've got atv's and a side x side just take whatever strikes me for the trail I'm riding that day.

I mean what's next a guy can't join unless it's a certain brand?
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Triple J wrote:
I guess I don't get it, I've seen very few videos here that don't have an atv in them.

We ride with all kinds and types of machines and have always welcomed everyone.

Does it really matter what they ride if these guys want to donate and help keep the forum going???? I've got atv's and a side x side just take whatever strikes me for the trail I'm riding that day.

I mean what's next a guy can't join unless it's a certain brand?

I hear yea bro,

I ride with everything from rock crawlers to atv's and always have fun watching others do things I can't on my rhino.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 6:54 pm

HELL YEA!! Lets ride.......

Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 Golf_cart

Butt
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Well, I pissed off one former member on here because I invited a couple of ATVs to a ride in early 2009. This was before we made a rule of "NO ATVs" on "official rides". I started on an atv, like most everyone here. I don't mind riding with atvs, BUT.....there are times when the group I tend to ride with hit some extreme and technical terrain that is not suited for a regular atv. Am I still going to ride with atvs......sure I will. I just think there is a noticeable difference in the terrain you can go thru in a SxS and a quad, especially sport quads. Some will argue the point, but usually it is 2wd sport quads that are holding everyone up because they get stuck in holes and every dang tree root in the trail. I really don't care what anyone rides as long as we have fun and no one goes to the hospital.

Last edited by AIRBORNE on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 970432 time.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:06 pm

AIRBORNE wrote:
This was before we made a rule of "NO ATVs" on "official rides".

Wasn't Bell County an "Official ride"? atv's were allowed, and it was lead and hosted by a ATV club.

Last edited by GunRunner on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Triple J

Triple J

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:18 pm

GunRunner
You must be mistaken, side x sides and atv's can't ride together. roflmao
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:28 pm

GunRunner wrote:
AIRBORNE wrote:

Wasn't Bell County an "Official ride"? atv's were allowed, and it was lead and hosted by a ATV club.

Holy shit. Are you really gonna start a debate with me? Yes, Bell County was an "official" ride. However, since our guide was not a SxS owner, we were at the mercy of who he invited to ride with us. I don't think any of the SxS owners on here brought along any atvs. Read my post again!! I said I don't give a damn what people ride. I ride with atvs all the time. Pretty much all of my original riding buddies back home in WV still have atvs and not SxS. Several of my good Ridgerunner, East TN Rider, Cumberland ATV Rider buddies have atvs. Does that mean I am not going to ride with them?? Of course not.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Big R hit it on the head:

Every ATVer will probably be a SxS owner oneday.

Very few started with SxS's. Many still have friends that only own ATV's. As for ability I think there are some odd comments about ATV's holding things up. The ATV's I ride with will not be the hold up. I've chicken'd out on more stuff in my Rhino than my Can-am. There is one trail by Pinnacle Rock (the rock with the flag over Wagon Wheel in WV) that starts out at around 60" wide but becomes 51 on the way up. That trail is scary on my Can-am but freakin impossible on my Rhino. There's another up there that stradles a gas line and is straight down -- I walk/drag my Can-am down but chickened out in the Rhino since there are no trees for winchin' and the thought of a dozen rolls is too much...

To each his own but for those that have long time ATV friends the choice is clear... When I ride all my friends are welcome to join in. Than again my friends tend to be really good riders not the beer drinkers who occasionally ride.

Chef
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:39 pm

AIRBORNE wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
AIRBORNE wrote:

Holy shit. Are you really gonna start a debate with me? .

No debate just asking a question based on your statement, which is not based in the facts of rides we have had.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Well, there were no ATVs with us at Brimstone. Bell County was not a ride led by a SxS owner, so of course there were bound to be atvs there. I had a good time regardless. I always have a good time when I go ride. As I said before, I don't give a damn what you ride, as long as we have fun.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:47 pm

Obviously you guys wanna twist my words. I am sorry I even commented on this topic.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:49 pm

everyone needs to just load up whatever you got and lets go for a ride
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:21 pm

Sounds goood lets do it.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:23 pm

spud wrote:
everyone needs to just load up whatever you got and lets go for a ride

That is a great idea. allright I have never heard anyone on this site ever argue on trails they way they do on the board.....
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:27 pm

Post by one of the former Admin stating the position of the Southern SxS Riders.

Although this is a SidexSide group, we realize that there are people out there that own an ATV and not a SidexSide that may want to sign up as a member because they are considering a SidexSide purchase in the future or to see what the SidexSide riding experience is all about. Because of that we will not deny membership to an ATV owner that wants to join the group. We will only ask that they abide by the rules of the group as written. The main thing being safety. We ask that at rides where we go to a private facility like Coal Creek, That rules the facility has for ATV's such as helmets and no riding double be followed.
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:35 pm

So what are you saying Big-R? You going to make it SXS/ATV site?
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:44 pm

I'm glad I didn't ask that question when I joined the southern sxs forum because I was still on a atv. I joined the forum for the people I met at bell co. And as far as saying a sxs could go places I couldn't go on my atv, I would have accepted that challenge from anyone and made that person look like a fool. I have ridden with people who were on sxs that slowed up the whole group. I don't think that just because we have a sxs now that we should feel so superior that we won't ride with atvs. We are all out there to have a good time and enjoy the trails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Can ATVs join the club?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next