SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can ATVs join the club?

Go down 
+15
Gimpy
AIRBORNE
Triple J
RedNeckRanger
Rocco
Smith700
Mud-and-Guts
Foxfire
Big-R
loosenut
DoddS
GunRunner
nocerisdave
ridepate
rhino nut
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
kevinm
SSXSRider Member
kevinm

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-07-05

Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:46 pm

[quote="loosenut"]heck, mamaw has a goat

Quit talking about your old lady like that. lol!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:49 pm

bigbore wrote:
I'm glad I didn't ask that question when I joined the southern sxs forum because I was still on a atv. I joined the forum for the people I met at bell co. And as far as saying a sxs could go places I couldn't go on my atv, I would have accepted that challenge from anyone and made that person look like a fool. I have ridden with people who were on sxs that slowed up the whole group. I don't think that just because we have a sxs now that we should feel so superior that we won't ride with atvs. We are all out there to have a good time and enjoy the trails.

William, you still own an atv. I can't ride with you any more (or any less)..... thatsright lol!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:04 pm

Is that right?

Backwards!
Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 Bell_c34

75y on a Rhino
Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 387001-R1-21-20A-1

Jeeps cant make this climb with out 35" and lockers
Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 03-06-10_1822-1

or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNN4mi6idZc

I want to see you do it on your atv....................
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:18 pm

can't show you now, if you read the post again and you will see that I now have a sxs. I rode with the southern sxs guys when I had my yellow can am 800 max xt, they never came to anything I couldn't do. In fact when a Rhino flipped over backwards I rode up to the Rhino, set the brake got off helped get the Rhino on its wheels and then got back on my atv and climed the rest of the hill. So you got me , I can't climb that hill for you to see.
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:02 pm

Probably would still have my Can Am if I could have found a way to keep cup holders attached to my helmet.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:05 pm

From my experience climbing is 95% the driver. Skill and big set of ballz makes alot of difference. A few times I have gone up hills that made one those two pretty much disappear.... LOL
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:17 pm

bigbore wrote:
Probably would still have my Can Am if I could have found a way to keep cup holders attached to my helmet.

Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 Imgres-7
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:33 pm

Is that DOT approved? LOL Can I still ride with you guys if I have a two seater and sit sideways? lol
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:42 pm

DoddS wrote:
So what are you saying Big-R? You going to make it SXS/ATV site?

This place is the same, has been for years now. Nothing different about it.

Last edited by Big-R on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
loosenut
SSXSRider Member
loosenut

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:53 am

doesnt matter what u ride!like BigR said; u got to have BALLS! u prob wouldnt walk where we ride anyways!
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:58 am

Tent Chef Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 907202
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:08 am

I can vouch for Bigbore on that one. I was right there helping the guy on the Rhino getting back on four wheels. He drove halfway up 87Y with his CanAm, stopped in a very nasty spot, got off, then proceeded to crawl right up the rest of the way with ease. Those CanAm two-ups are a beast.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Triple J

Triple J

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:15 am

Big-R wrote:
Post by one of the former Admin stating the position of the Southern SxS Riders.

Although this is a SidexSide group, we realize that there are people out there that own an ATV and not a SidexSide that may want to sign up as a member because they are considering a SidexSide purchase in the future or to see what the SidexSide riding experience is all about. Because of that we will not deny membership to an ATV owner that wants to join the group. We will only ask that they abide by the rules of the group as written. The main thing being safety. We ask that at rides where we go to a private facility like Coal Creek, That rules the facility has for ATV's such as helmets and no riding double be followed.

So atv's can join?

I don't think anyones asking that the site become an atv site, they want to join the members only ride from what I understand.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:18 am

AIRBORNE wrote:
Those CanAm two-ups are a beast.

Yep, that power with the long wheelbase is an awesome set up for sure. thatsright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Triple J wrote:

So atv's can join?

I don't think anyones asking that the site become an atv site, they want to join the members only ride from what I understand.

J,

The ATVs that are members here were exception to the rules. Usually the ATVers have been on the site and have built great relationships with the members. Most of the members do not want just any ATVer showing up on our official rides. That is the reason for the whole membership idea. It was for people that enjoy not only trail riding but, trial riding on side by sides.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:33 pm

Right here is a great thread for anyone that is interested in the reasons we started the Orange membership. Lots of good questions and answers in here for those that did not take part in the conversation at the time.

https://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/southernsxsrider-membership-information-forum-f22/membership-information-t3162.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can ATVs join the club?   Can ATVs join the club? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Can ATVs join the club?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3