SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good morning to you!

Go down 
+8
hillbillyrzrs
mason
wvyankee2
Foxfire
Woodtick
cajuncoot
Rhino Rob
AIRBORNE
12 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Good morning to you! Empty
PostSubject: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:44 am

Okay, so any of you that have talked to me since I moved to eastern VA pretty much know I am not happy about being here. I have had numerous issues with our house and other things. However, I am trying to be a "glass is half full" type of guy these days (when I can) and especially trying to find the good points about living here. The house is not in very good shape and there is a factory a couple of miles away that makes it stink like crazy if the wind is right. But, I do have a decent backyard (with fish in the lake) and I am trying to make it cozy for the weekends and evenings once it warms up. I dug a firepit back there, and there is also a very old horseshoe pit that I am going to bring back to life. This morning, I am at the computer and I look out to see two "guests" on my back porch. I guess they found the bag of wild bird seed the homeowner left here and they were helping themselves to a free meal. I know it is a little thing, but it got my day off to a good start even though my back is hurting so bad I can hardly get around. Here are a couple of pics I managed to get. They were actually going down into the bag and coming out with mouthfuls of seed.
Good morning to you! Backdoorguest001
Good morning to you! Backdoorguest002
Good morning to you! Backdoorguest003
Good morning to you! Backdoorguest004
Good morning to you! Backdoorguest005
Good morning to you! Backdoorguest007
Good morning to you! Backdoorguest006
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:48 am

you need a pellet gun and a canoe
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 9:44 am

ilike your attitude Capt.! half full ! it could always be worse and the Good Lord knows you have been in some hellholes ans seen people alot worse off than us, even being unemployed most of the year has cramped our budget,i cant make any rides or maybe 1 but there are still alot of folks worse off than me. i am thankful janet has a good job and she is very creative with finances so we get by other than something has to open up before i go nuts ! Prayer there is still no other country on earth i would rather be in than the good ol USA thanks to all of you who keep my freedoms and liberties alive everyday, a great big heart and soulfelt THANK YOU to all that serve and have served! right now we are still the best country(yes i am a arrogant AMERICAN) and hopefully the current politicians wont screw it up to bad for all of us rant2
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 9:48 am

Rhino Rob wrote:
you need a pellet gun and a canoe

Hunter
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:08 am

Squirrels are a real hoot! I can watch those rascals all day and never tire of it. What in the world did you do to your back Chris??
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:00 am

LT.......I'm sure that by the time you get done dinkin around with the place you'll have it lookin like a "Palatial Estate"
And I agree ....a pellet gun would make for some great Squirrel hunting Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:08 pm

Woodtick wrote:
Squirrels are a real hoot! I can watch those rascals all day and never tire of it. What in the world did you do to your back Chris??

I have some herniated discs as a result of jumping out of planes. I can go months and be totally fine, then it will flare up to the point I can barely stand up. It is pressure on a nerve that give me spasms and also a very uncomfortable feeling in left leg and left butt cheek. I think what triggered it this time was I went to the gym several times last week and worked abs and also being hunched over the RZR working on it. I am sure it will be fine in a couple of days. If not.....off to the doctor for a shot of Tordol in the arse.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:59 pm

Looks like a great place for a conference Meeting to me. Chug
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:06 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:

You and Tonya come on down. We can go over to Busch Gardens or Colonial Williamsburg.
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:21 pm

LT i have alot of my kin folks that live in Blackstone and Crewe. only time i like down there is at hunting time. alot of nice fishing lakes there and on fort pickett. to hot in the summer there for me. hope things get better for you. hope to ride soon with you. dont know of any good riding places there.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Mason, I have found nowhere to ride yet. I am gonna keep trying.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:09 pm

cajuncoot wrote:
ilike your attitude Capt.! half full ! it could always be worse and the Good Lord knows you have been in some hellholes ans seen people alot worse off than us, even being unemployed most of the year has cramped our budget,i cant make any rides or maybe 1 but there are still alot of folks worse off than me. i am thankful janet has a good job and she is very creative with finances so we get by other than something has to open up before i go nuts ! Prayer there is still no other country on earth i would rather be in than the good ol USA thanks to all of you who keep my freedoms and liberties alive everyday, a great big heart and soulfelt THANK YOU to all that serve and have served! right now we are still the best country(yes i am a arrogant AMERICAN) and hopefully the current politicians wont screw it up to bad for all of us rant2

You are correct. After seeing how little the people of Afghanistan have, my situation is definitely not bad. I just don't care for this area, and most importantly......there is NOWHERE close to ride.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:18 pm

CAPT, bro i hope you can come back on down to 10rC in time 2 do some Shroom hunting. Wont be long to the greenup starts here and those dryland fishys will be poppin up along with the gobblers yelping and the skillet will be poppin with the feast of outdoor kings.

Make the most of your new digs and remember, you and mel, are more than welcome to roost in Sunbright
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:13 pm

Shroom hunting will probably be a big no-go for me this year, but I will definitely be trying to get back over that way to ride as soon as school ends. I need to make a trip over to see Betty. Maybe she can pour me and you a stiff bourbon and coke and we can go down to the pond and catch us a bass or two. cheers Chug
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:23 pm

Hang in there buddy this won't last forever and before you know you will be done with your school stuff and be back on the trail. Good to know that we have guys like you serving our country THANKS.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:21 pm

thanks Capt . after i wrote it i can see how you feel i was never happy at janets house so we built OUR house and now i am ok. hope to catch ya on a ride this year and make the most of that place to be comfy and relaxing while you are there !!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:24 pm

I definitely look forward to seeing you guys again!
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:38 pm

Try atvpathfinder.com....Set up account which is free. Has riding areas in each state. I saw about 5 or 6 with in driving distance for you.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:45 pm

There is an area about 45 minutes from here. I talked to some guys last weekend. They had Grizzly ATVs all jacked up with 28-29" mud tires. I asked about it and they said there is mostly mudpits and tight wooded trails (so tight they can barely get their Grizzly through). Not my type of riding so I am not gonna go beat the living daylights out of my machine dragging it against trees and thru the mud. Thanks for the tip though. I know there is somewhere within two hours (govt land), but I don't think they allow SxS. There is also Busco Beach in NC (about 3hrs) and it is basically the same thing... mudpits and very little trails. If I decide to ride I think I will head to VA City and ride with Bush and Stealth and those guys. It will be about 5hrs but good riding from what I have heard.
Back to top Go down
CaptMorgansgirl
SSXSRider Member
CaptMorgansgirl

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:23 am

AIRBORNE wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:

You and Tonya come on down. We can go over to Busch Gardens or Colonial Williamsburg.

allright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:43 am

AIRBORNE wrote:
......... If I decide to ride I think I will head to VA City and ride with Bush and Stealth and those guys. It will be about 5hrs but good riding from what I have heard.

The only problem is look at who you have to ride with
roflmao roflmao thatsright thatsright

kidding kidding
Back to top Go down
MarkM
SSXSRider Member
MarkM

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:10 am

Quote :
It is pressure on a nerve that give me spasms

I get pressure on my nerve and it gives me orgasms too......oh wait, that's different roflmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good morning to you!   Good morning to you! Empty

Back to top Go down

Good morning to you!
Page 1 of 1