SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR S Fox Shocks

Go down 
+3
wvyankee2
Hollon
Rhino X 2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhino X 2
SSXSRider Member
Rhino X 2

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-11-08

RZR S Fox Shocks Empty
PostSubject: RZR S Fox Shocks   RZR S Fox Shocks EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:54 am

I found this post on another site and thought I would pass it on. For the RZR S owners it maybe somthing you want to check into.

I just bought a 2010 RZR S a month ago and my first time out i busted the rings on both front shocks that hold the springs from hitting the arms. Lucky the dealer is a friend, and was with me, and couldn't beleive they busted come first of week we or he was on phone with Fox wanting to know what happened while i called Polaris, and explained what happened. When i heard back from him he told me Fox laughed at him, and said Polaris don't buy the whole shock from them just the base, and they get the springs, and the rings somewhere else. (somewhere cheap) So those aren't Fox shocks you think your getting when you spend that extra money. They fixed it under warranty, but the next time i was out i busted the front passenger side again. Called polaris bitching that i just spent 20k+ on this, and have a 08 crew ranger, and have plenty of buddies buying Polaris because of me, and i havent heard from any body from Polaris regarding my problem. As for the dealer he's ordering me some rings from fox that will hold up, and also thinks thats pretty shitty, and its the first he's heard of that. You buy a machine pay that kind of money, and they lead you to believe your getting good stuff, and they cut corners, and want even make it wright. I think they need to put on the machine what your buying, and don't just buy the Fox name. I can't believe Fox lets them even do it. So any one buying a RZR i suggest you ask about it.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

RZR S Fox Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S Fox Shocks   RZR S Fox Shocks EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:48 am

Damn, and I thought it was only Arctic Cat that did the bait and switch crap. don't ya just love being dooped by one of our own, American made my ass! LOL seems it doesnt matter what you buy soon enough we find the weak spots. and then let the cat out of the bag on them. Good luck getting them to MAN up!!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

RZR S Fox Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S Fox Shocks   RZR S Fox Shocks EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 12:18 pm

Customer service.....and standing by your product means everything. You just dont seem to find a lot of companys that give a damn anymore. Mad
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

RZR S Fox Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S Fox Shocks   RZR S Fox Shocks EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 12:58 pm

Yank wrote:
Customer service.....and standing by your product means everything.

X2
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

RZR S Fox Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S Fox Shocks   RZR S Fox Shocks EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:22 pm

What makes them break or fall off completely is the preload setting from the factory is too soft, allowing slack when the wheel gets light or comes off the ground. The first time I jacked-up my S, the front-springs had no tension on them, none. One was flopping up and down on the shock-body.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

RZR S Fox Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S Fox Shocks   RZR S Fox Shocks EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:55 pm

That is why I bought the Walkers. However, they are too stiff.
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

RZR S Fox Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S Fox Shocks   RZR S Fox Shocks EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:41 pm

There not to stiff your just going to slow. roflmao
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

RZR S Fox Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S Fox Shocks   RZR S Fox Shocks EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:48 pm

roadiestar wrote:
thatsright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

RZR S Fox Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S Fox Shocks   RZR S Fox Shocks EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:24 pm

roadiestar wrote:

I guess I am going to have to come up to your neck of the woods and.......... Well I guess an Admin should be more reserved then that ......... Laughing
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

RZR S Fox Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S Fox Shocks   RZR S Fox Shocks EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:17 am

Someday i'm going to have to get down there and meet you guys.There sure is no reason for anybody to travel here to ride. But your way to far for a weekend ride drive
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=40.02664&lon=-79.035405&zoom=7&q1=coventry%20ct&q2=%20Louisville%2CKy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RZR S Fox Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S Fox Shocks   RZR S Fox Shocks Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR S Fox Shocks
Page 1 of 1