SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)

Go down 
+9
MuddyBuddy
Goose
PWM
Sporto
matt2558
ridepate
Big-R
Smith700
DOG
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 7:44 am

Heck, I am going to try and see if I can make this one too. Only thing is.... will be a last minute thing, but I am going to try my best! organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 952469
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 pm

just let us know sporto where to look for you or not last minute is fine.

goose you can bring whoever you want we should have a good time. i talk to smith 700 last night he said he was thinking of coming to.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 7:34 pm

That's great sounds like we may have a good one going here.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 1:16 am

i talked to a friend of mine today and he said he will probably bring arctizuki and come ride with us. he is also going to bring 2 or 3 more with him shaping up to big atleast 10 to 15 people now.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 1:10 pm

I don't think I will be able to make it.......the Windrock ATV Club has a ride next weekend also and I will be on it......
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:14 pm

matt2558 wrote:
That sounds good. What time are we saying we would meet there? Also what is the terrain like there? Is it a lot of mud or is it just trails and rocks?

the only mud holes r off haley rd.and some r real deep after a rain.they r on one end of the trail he is talking about with the good rock climbs

Big-R wrote:
308 miles 4 hours and 55 minutes. affraid

this is about 15 mins from my house.. roflmao thats about how long it took me to drive up there to get my toy haulor thatsright .....would not make the trip big r ....for the riding up there.it is a good place to blow out the cob webs though...u can move right along on most every trail...there is about 70 miles of trails.....most real easy

if u guys r wanting a motel ...coming from nashville way.....u should stay in jasper area or southpittsburg tn .the r the exits right after u cross mont eagle mtn.then u can cut though whitwell tn ....not far and yr there at PC in no time.cut out coming through chattanooga

Goose wrote:
Rhinorider259 are there any hotels near the Walmart? Do they allow camping in the park?

it is premitive camping only.....stay at the campsites in the parking area at the entrance.....there is plenty of room 4 rv s ect...they do have some old house s ....i would rather use the woods... thatsright there is a old pump well that works ...right next to the check in station (for deer hunts) at the entrance next to the camping spots.if u camp at the sites in side the gate.....u r locked in at dark....the only way to get yr truck out is to go see the park ranger affraid until daylight
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks for the info RNR
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 7:39 am

Says there is a 30% chance of storms all weekend.....are we still planning on trying to go? Rhinoorder259 since you live close by can you keep us updated on what it is looking like outside as we get closer to the day? Also can you post your cell phone so that when I am heading up there I can get in touch with you if I am running behind, which shouldn't happen.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 7:06 pm

+ 2 maybe 3 lil freinds (atvs) for me. We still meeting at walmart or the truck stop now?
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:56 pm

walmart i dont think the weather will be a wash out maybe some rain but that just means no dust in my mind. my cell number is in the members real name section if anyone needs to call hope to see everyone there on saturday. not really sure of who is a definate right now. maybe we could go through and get everyone that knows to speak up in the next day or two i think with the group here and my local friends i would say 15 to 20 sxs and atvs. LETS RIDE.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:58 pm

Hope you all have a blast! Sorry I cannot make it.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:34 am

Rhinorider259 what time are you leaving Dalton? I'm thinking of spending the night there. Remember that a 30% chance of rain means that there is a 70% chance that it won't. I'm with you if it does rain it'll knock the dust down.
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:02 am

I will not know for sure until Thursday. I will let you guys know for sure then. Fingers Crossed!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:33 pm

around 0815 or 0830 at the latest. where are you thinking of staying?
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:18 pm

rhinorider259 wrote:
around 0815 or 0830 at the latest. where are you thinking of staying?
At one of the hotels near the outlet mall. Maybe Hampton.
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:59 pm

How many of the roads are closed now for turkey nesting?

http://www.state.tn.us/agriculture/forestry/stateforest07.html
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:32 pm

i was just there may 21st didnot notice any roads closed or atleast any of the trails i wanted to take.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:58 am

weather has changed according to weather channel.com only 10% chance of rain on saturday and high of 89. sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:05 pm

allright
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:28 pm

anyone that is coming up from the south to prentice cooper i have checked with several hotels in the area of ringgold ga off i-75 exit 348 and got some prices for friday night if you are interested just let me know.
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:11 pm

Ok, I found out today that I am definitely coming up! I am ready to go! I am going to get everything together as best I can before Saturday, and then I will load that morning and head that direction. Are we still saying 9am at walmart? Also I have a 2.5 gallon gas can, do I need more than that if I have a full tank to start with? I have been watching the weather and it does seem to be improving. Looking forward to it. Sporto you need to make it!
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:54 pm

Comon Tory! Get to see that catovs in action in person!! Maybe even drive it Chug
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:34 am

order a msd last night should be expressed here by friday so i can pop it in and have it for the ride saturday. i cant wait.
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:24 am

rhinorider259 wrote:
order a msd last night should be expressed here by friday so i can pop it in and have it for the ride saturday. i cant wait.

I will be ineterested to see how it works out because I have been debating on getting one along with a filter kit and exhaust.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:25 am

RhinoRider, which map are you gonna have selected for the ride? I have an exhaust tip and a air filter on mine.....dont know if you have any performance mods like that yet.

Matt, I would go with the UNI Filter and the Hunterworks Exhaust tip, ridepate can tell you all about the exhausts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next