SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can-AM Commander

Go down 
+4
Big-R
Stakk
Gimpy
hillbillyrzrs
8 posters
AuthorMessage
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Can-AM Commander Empty
PostSubject: Can-AM Commander   Can-AM Commander EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:49 pm

Just got back from the Hatfield & McCoy trail fest after test riding the commander. As others I liked the power didn't like the steering and my leg was constantly banging against the middle consol. The seat was very comfortable, the dash was good. this unit had some transmission noise and rattles. Over all it is ok but on the trails and for driver comfort it just don't compare to my RZRS
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Can-AM Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can-AM Commander   Can-AM Commander EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:46 pm

hillbillyrzrs wrote:
Just got back from the Hatfield & McCoy trail fest after test riding the commander. As others I liked the power didn't like the steering and my leg was constantly banging against the middle consol. The seat was very comfortable, the dash was good. this unit had some transmission noise and rattles. Over all it is ok but on the trails and for driver comfort it just don't compare to my RZRS

My neighbor up the road, Ernie, just got back too. He said it had a lot of torque power, but a lot of electronics that worried him. Ernie has a regular RZR.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Can-AM Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can-AM Commander   Can-AM Commander EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:32 pm

I got to drag race one this past Saturday night here is the post I posted of the reslts.

This past Saturday night I had the chance to see how the Commander 1000 runs in a professional drag race with tree's and timers. the track was 200ft long. I had a 2010 Teryx 750 with 8 ply Grim Reaper radial tires as the only non stock item, the
Commander was stock with aluminum a-arm guards. the light went green and I jumped the Commander 1 bike length out of the hole, kept the lead up to the 100- 125ft mark, the Commander then caught me and took the lead at the finish line with about a 1 to 1.5 bike length victory in 200 ft.........The Commander has very good mid and top end power, but the Teryx held it's own on the bottom end, 0-30 or 35 mph is anyone's race. and it was fun, I was expecting to get destroyed but the little 46hp 750 did quite well against the 85hp 1000.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Can-AM Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can-AM Commander   Can-AM Commander EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:32 am

Stakk wrote:
I got to drag race one this past Saturday night here is the post I posted of the reslts.

This past Saturday night I had the chance to see how the Commander 1000 runs in a professional drag race with tree's and timers. the track was 200ft long. I had a 2010 Teryx 750 with 8 ply Grim Reaper radial tires as the only non stock item, the
Commander was stock with aluminum a-arm guards. the light went green and I jumped the Commander 1 bike length out of the hole, kept the lead up to the 100- 125ft mark, the Commander then caught me and took the lead at the finish line with about a 1 to 1.5 bike length victory in 200 ft.........The Commander has very good mid and top end power, but the Teryx held it's own on the bottom end, 0-30 or 35 mph is anyone's race. and it was fun, I was expecting to get destroyed but the little 46hp 750 did quite well against the 85hp 1000.

Hey Stakk, How about getting that little 46hp 750 in a sport buggy!!!!!!!! Tell Kawasaki that I am waiting...
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Can-AM Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can-AM Commander   Can-AM Commander EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:20 am

I rode the Commander at trailfest also. it does have power but steering just sucks and they can keep their electronic throttle. I hated the machine. it may beat my XTZ in a drag race but would have to see it first. I would rather drive my big Cat any day.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Can-AM Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can-AM Commander   Can-AM Commander EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Big-R wrote:
Stakk wrote:

Hey Stakk, How about getting that little 46hp 750 in a sport buggy!!!!!!!! Tell Kawasaki that I am waiting...
Me too!!!!
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

Can-AM Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can-AM Commander   Can-AM Commander EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Can-AM Commander Dsc01011Can-AM Commander Dsc01012 here is a start.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Can-AM Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can-AM Commander   Can-AM Commander EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:31 pm

pit, that is a mighty fine Kawasaki you have there. Now if we can add a long travel kit to it and keep it under 61" wide...... Hell we may forget there was ever a RZR......

roflmao
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Can-AM Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can-AM Commander   Can-AM Commander EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:21 pm

COMMANDER VS RZRS on the drag strip approx. 50 - 60 yrds was very close each time with 10 - 12 races. The start was very muddy so we were both in AWD. I won about 1/2 the time but when we both got an equal start he got me by about a nose.
Also got a chance to get on the trail with them and rode for several hrs. My friend and I got to ride it and both thought the same.... the front end is very heavy and there is a lack of ground clearence, plenty of power but did not like the throttle ( may just take some getting use to ), and the steering was hard and seemed slow. LONG TRAVEL KIT is needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Can-AM Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can-AM Commander   Can-AM Commander Empty

Back to top Go down

Can-AM Commander
Page 1 of 1