SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how to use a snatch block?

Go down 
+2
Hollon
Mudcon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-10-12

how to use a snatch block? Empty
PostSubject: how to use a snatch block?   how to use a snatch block? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:56 am

if I had to use my block how is everyone hooking them up on the teryx? doesnt look like there is anywhere to hook up to. I saw some pics with some eye hooks mounted on a winch plate next to the fairlead but I cant find that plate anywhere. any clues?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudcon.com
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: how to use a snatch block?   how to use a snatch block? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:37 am

the snatch block goes on the other end, where you would normally hook to the tree, use a strap around tree then attach block to the strap run the cable thru the block then back to the machine hook it to whatever you would hook to to pull it out using a tow strap.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: how to use a snatch block?   how to use a snatch block? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:11 pm

The above is correct.......how ever, if you are really in a bind, you could run a 2 part line, which would require 2 blocks, now attaching one to the machine and one to the tree, or what ever........now you have really dropped the winch into low!

Last edited by Foxfire on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

PostSubject: Re: how to use a snatch block?   how to use a snatch block? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:03 pm

read the pdf file in this link. sometime like that mount is what I am trying to find to hook the cable back to after running through the snatch block.

http://www.teryxhq.com/forums/how-tos/536-teryx-winch-install.html
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: how to use a snatch block?   how to use a snatch block? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:40 pm

Hey Mudcon......I can't see the file without signing up on the site..........
Could you copy to your browser and then paste to the site??
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: how to use a snatch block?   how to use a snatch block? EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 11:18 am

Hollon wrote:
the snatch block goes on the other end, where you would normally hook to the tree, use a strap around tree then attach block to the strap run the cable thru the block then back to the machine hook it to whatever you would hook to to pull it out using a tow strap.

Exaclty.. You run a strap through the holes on the block and secure it to some kind of anchor. Your winch line runs around the block and back to your machine. This doubles your pulling power. Or you can use the block to pull the rear of the machine over or even back if you have to blocks with you... They also can be used to lift up your machine to change a tire.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: how to use a snatch block?   how to use a snatch block? EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:05 pm

Here's my snatch-block eyelets. Tractor-Supply, rated for 12k. Not sure you've got a flat place to mount them. Strap to tree with block, run cable back to eyes.

how to use a snatch block? 154hpj5

Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: how to use a snatch block?   how to use a snatch block? EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Pate has the idea. I used a large "D" ring front and rear. Had to do some homebrew manufacturing but it works.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: how to use a snatch block?   how to use a snatch block? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:34 am

ridepate wrote:
Here's my snatch-block eyelets. Tractor-Supply, rated for 12k. Not sure you've got a flat place to mount them. Strap to tree with block, run cable back to eyes.

how to use a snatch block? 154hpj5

Cat put 2 "D" rings on the front of the machine stock..... Nice Jim and a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

PostSubject: Re: how to use a snatch block?   how to use a snatch block? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:10 am

got it fixed this weekend. worked out good. I have the same HID's as in the pick above. man are they bright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to use a snatch block?   how to use a snatch block? Empty

Back to top Go down

how to use a snatch block?
Page 1 of 1