SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SxS competition and market.

Go down 
+3
st4wheel
cajuncoot
Big-R
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

SxS competition and market. Empty
PostSubject: SxS competition and market.   SxS competition and market. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 11:37 am

I am having a hard time understanding why all other companies are not entering into the sport SxS market. It is beyond belief that it is held by Polaris only. There are other companies that have inserted large engines, added alloy wheels and called it a sport machine but it is truly not.

I am not knocking anyone's machine. We all buy SxS's for different reasons. Yamaha owned the SxS world for years. Therefore, everyone tried to build their best version of a rhino. The utility/fun machine is better now then it has ever been. There are so many different option in this market.

However, no one has even remotely tried to build a real sport machine. I really thought Can Am was going to jump into this market hard. I guess they will let Polaris has an open market. If it were me....... Well, I am just a home builder what the hell do I know about the market.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: SxS competition and market.   SxS competition and market. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 11:41 am

yea i really thought honda would have built a sport by now . the big red is a farm machine , and sales aren't that great !
Back to top Go down
st4wheel
SSXSRider Member
st4wheel

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: SxS competition and market.   SxS competition and market. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Im really surprised KTM hasn't. I rode ktm dirt bikes and any woods race you go to in the world they dominate the bikes represented there.Seems like it would be a natural fit!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: SxS competition and market.   SxS competition and market. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:10 pm

I am still suprised Yamaha hasn't gotten into the sport SxS market, But considering that they only sold around 300 Rhino's in 2010 and they lost about 240 million dollars thanks to the swaybar removal and wheel spacer installation.......

Another big company that I would have thought would have gotten in the SxS market, is......Suzuki !!!
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: SxS competition and market.   SxS competition and market. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:57 pm

I'm not real sure where the sxs markets going. Seems a little slow at the moment, all the hype of a few years ago has faded somewhat, imo. Other than the Can-Am, nothings really changed much, little facelift here, small motor improvements there, new graphics and colors, but the big-boomer, not here yet.
The Yamaha line-up for 2011 is pityful. No more 450, no more camo, at least not on thier site. You choice is a white sport, or standard green or red 700. My guess is they are trying to get rid of the left-overs and when they are gone, no more Rhino.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: SxS competition and market.   SxS competition and market. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 6:51 pm

cajuncoot wrote:
yea i really thought honda would have built a sport by now . the big red is a farm machine , and sales aren't that great !
i agree 100 percent with you coot i was very surprised when i seen the big red
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: SxS competition and market.   SxS competition and market. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 7:32 pm

I'd be surprised if we see anything really new from any of the companies for atleast a couple years. The economy is still pretty crappy. Also, The RZR is still pretty new.. I mean the oldest model is an 08. Polaris has no real reason to make any major changes since they pretty much have the sport SxS market. I'm also a little surprised at Can Am. I was really expecting more of a sporty machine. Instead they just took a Rhino and blended with a little RZR and gave it some more HP. I guess they were just shooting for something in the middle. More sport then a rhino, more utility then a RZR. Which might be right up some peoples allies.

Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: SxS competition and market.   SxS competition and market. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 9:27 pm

All in good time my little pretty.......all in good time.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: SxS competition and market.   SxS competition and market. EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:32 pm

Foxfire wrote:
All in good time my little pretty.......all in good time.

If you know something be-otch spit it out spank
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SxS competition and market.   SxS competition and market. Empty

Back to top Go down

SxS competition and market.
Page 1 of 1