SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler

Go down 
+37
southernkyrzr4
Goose
BigMotts
bacon
dwball7
recon33alpha
MuddyBuddy
firepup
reevesr
farmdogg
Flanny
Triple J
PORKCHOP
RZRS-EDGE
simoniz
DoddS
stealth
Gimpy
ohsresq
BIG D 57
bush
Foxfire
mason
Hollon
RangeRover
ridepate
Sporto
Rhino Rob
nocerisdave
chipper
wvyankee2
CatMostFeared
PWM
Big-R
pit dog
AIRBORNE
8ball_99
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:34 am

That is a great set up. Will, did you consider the gasses from the batteries being charged? On manufactured trailers that I have had, the batteries are in plastic cases with a vent tube vented to the outside. Looks like if your door is not sealed, the potential for the gases could make it inside your trailer. The gases have an expolosion possiblilty. You might have put something in your post that I did not read or see. Just be carefull of any gases making it inside.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:11 am

Yeah I know that wet cells release hydrogen. I did vent the space, but the pictures I posted were before I added the holes cause I was waiting on the screens to come in. The lid to the box is sealed with foam gasket then I have a 2" hole drilled in the bottom of the box and a 2" hole drilled up top. The idea is cool air will come up through the bottom as hot air vents out the top. Pretty much vents itself through convection. I thought about using those vented boxes with the hoses. But they take up quite a bit more room then just the battery and also make checking the water a pita.
Here a picture showing the vents
My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 23e4d208
My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 D47778f6
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Very nice thread. I'll be starting my build this fall.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 8:31 am

Will, I think Cat and I are going to start a project with a trailer. Be expecting a lot of questions....... Laughing
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:05 am

Big-R wrote:
Will, I think Cat and I are going to start a project with a trailer. Be expecting a lot of questions....... Laughing

LoL, NP with you being a construction guy and Cat being Cat, should be a breeze.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:24 am

8ball_99 wrote:
Big-R wrote:

LoL, NP with you being a construction guy and Cat being Cat, should be a breeze.

One question..... Why metal framing for the interior walls?
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:42 am

Incase I hit it with the RZR...Haha.. I did wood in my first trailer.. Couple reasons I did metal this time. You can build the walls thinner and use less bracing but still have it strong. Also all the walls are steel framed and I like the idea of having all the framing metal so if there ever was a water leak its not a big deal. If you tried to build my cabinets out of 2x4s it would be just as heavy if not heavier and the framing would take up much more of the usable space. If you build it out of wood 2x2 it would take a lot of bracing here and there and it wouldn't be anywhere near as strong.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Yep-they are vented-good deal.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
mezmerizz

mezmerizz

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 2:58 pm

i know im resurrecting this from the dead, but where did you get the folding chairs/bed for the dinette setup? the only place i found them was las vegas and shipping was $$.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:38 pm

mezmerizz wrote:
i know im resurrecting this from the dead, but where did you get the folding chairs/bed for the dinette setup? the only place i found them was las vegas and shipping was $$.

Mine came from http://www.blazinbelltech.com/index.html They weren't cheap. I looked and looked and they had the best setup for a dinette/bed that I could find.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:54 pm

This is a very good thread. I'll use this for ideas going forward.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptySun May 05, 2013 8:57 pm

Installed a back up camera. Tied it into the screen I already had in the truck for its camera. Have it wired so I can have it own going down the road also. Should make backing into camp spots at dark thirty much easier..
My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 File_zps009602b0
My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 File_zps7585d4de
My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 File_zps074fdeed
Back to top Go down
wvregulators
SSXSRider Member
wvregulators

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2012-10-27

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:04 pm

that's pretty sweet!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
speedracer61

speedracer61

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2020-06-21

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 9:59 pm

I know this is a super OLD thread but I loved the trailer build as it is almost exactly what I am about to attack. Then I see 8ball_99 lives in the same area! Anyone know if he is still around?
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 12:01 am

speedracer61 wrote:
I know this is a super OLD thread but I loved the trailer build as it is almost exactly what I am about to attack. Then I see 8ball_99 lives in the same area! Anyone know if he is still around?

hide
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 1:11 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
speedracer61 wrote:

hide

My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 13435
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 12:33 am

I was just kidding, didn't mean to scare him off lol
Back to top Go down
speedracer61

speedracer61

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 10:18 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
I was just kidding, didn't mean to scare him off lol

Who me? Naah just dont check mail often!
Still have the same rig or have you built a bigger and better one by now?
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 10:34 pm

I still have the same one. I'm actually probably going to sell it here soon to build a bigger badder one lol. I sold my RZR. I now have a Honda Pioneer 1000-5. Which doesn't fit in my trailer. If I chopped the cage I could make it work. But really I like the height because of the cage bed space.
Back to top Go down
speedracer61

speedracer61

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 10:50 pm

I assume your current trailer is a 6'6" height, will the 7' model work for you? I have been looking at trailers pretty heavy and 7's are too hard to find.
Being so close (I m in Huntsville) I would love to check out your rig sometime, plus I am sure you learned a lot on this build that you will apply to the next!
Back to top Go down
speedracer61

speedracer61

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 10:59 pm

That was suppose to be ARE'NT to hard to find! Fat fingers
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 11:17 pm

Yeah they kind of messed me up when I ordered my trailer. I went with 6'.6 because my other freedom trailer also 6'6" was actually a little taller then that. I assumed this one would be the same. But once I got it its actually a little less. If I had just ordered a 7 footer I would be good. I almost did I was just worried about the load on my half ton truck at the time.

Yeah you can come check it out sometime. It would have to be some time after the 4th. I'm going to sale it ,but it will be a little bit before I mess with it. I just now decided a couple days ago. I've still been debating on just building a cage for the pioneer. Heck I drive a duramax now though. So I'll probably end up buying a 8.5x24 with 7' ceiling. Laying it out a little differently since I don't really need a 20' garage now.. be my luck in a year or two I'll need a 20' garage again lol
Back to top Go down
speedracer61

speedracer61

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 12:01 am

After the 4th is fine, I will PM you my phone # just give me a yell when you have the time.
Back to top Go down
speedracer61

speedracer61

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 9:07 pm

Free anytime soon to let me check out your trailer?
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 9:10 pm

Lol man I completely forgot, yeah you need to quickly. I've got it listed on market place for sale lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler   My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

My new cargo trailer/Toy Hauler
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5