SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2008 700 owners......give me some feedback

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

2008 700 owners......give me some feedback Empty
PostSubject: 2008 700 owners......give me some feedback   2008 700 owners......give me some feedback EmptyFri May 09, 2008 4:09 am

I was just wanting to get some feedback from some guys that own the 700FI. I know there are several on this site. I use NYROC alot for networking and info on my King Quad, but posting a topic on SxS on NYROC takes like a week to get a response. From the guys that have them.......what do you really think about the 700? Worth making the purchase? I am already lined up to buy at the end of the month, I just would like to hear the pros-cons of it.

I already have a clutch kit (sheave, shims, and rollers) and 26" Mud Wolf tires to put on, as well as a bikini top, windshield, and front bumper. What else do you guys think is necessary? I have been told that wheel spacers are a good idea, and I plan on adding a rear bumper and winch eventually. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: 2008 700 owners......give me some feedback   2008 700 owners......give me some feedback EmptyFri May 09, 2008 4:24 am

The 700 is much smoother all the way around. Little more pep all through the speed range and quieter too. Parking brake works better, it starts better and having 4 wheel disc brakes is a nice touch too. My wife drives my 700 and I take the 660. It's not a big of a difference that I'm ready to get rid of the 660 but if I were in the market for another one it would have to be the 700 fi.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 2008 700 owners......give me some feedback   2008 700 owners......give me some feedback EmptyFri May 09, 2008 7:49 am

I love mine. it's nice to get in and not worry about pulling the choke out to start it. as for mods to it... yes, wheels spacers would be a good thing. you'll notice a huge difference with cornering and just plain stability. I started out with 2 1/2 inch spacers, then went to 2 + 5 spacing on new rims. i couldn't be happier. I've got about 400 miles on mine.

good luck with your purchase... :D
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: 2008 700 owners......give me some feedback   2008 700 owners......give me some feedback EmptyFri May 09, 2008 11:17 am

Thanks for the feedback. I love the guys on NYROC, but lots are too worried about speed. I am not buying the Rhino to be a racer. I want a dependable, smooth trail machine that will give several years of faithful service. I am really looking forward to getting this thing, and hope to meet some of you guys when I get back from deployment. Happy trails!

If there any NYROC faithfuls here.......I am not throwing stones. NYROC is great. I just wanted others opinions lol!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 2008 700 owners......give me some feedback   2008 700 owners......give me some feedback EmptyFri May 09, 2008 2:04 pm

Since oyu haven't bought spacers... and are running 26's....

forget teh spacer and go for offset 5+2 fronts and 2+5 rear wheels - I prefer beadlocks - but maynot be necessary for your riding...

the 700 is worth the purchase... the FI alone is worth the money. I honestly wish I would've waitied - but I bought my 660 in may of last year... IMO - they are just now working out the kinks....

the ECU that was mentioned in another thread is definitely worth the purchase when it coem avaialble...

and depending on the riding you do - 4 or 5 point harnesses and a HELMET!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 700 owners......give me some feedback   2008 700 owners......give me some feedback Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 700 owners......give me some feedback
Page 1 of 1