SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kawasaki posts powersports loss

Go down 
+4
pit dog
KYWILDCATS74
Big-R
wvyankee2
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Kawasaki posts powersports loss  Empty
PostSubject: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Tuesday May 3, 2011

Kawasaki Heavy Industries reported a $60 million loss in its powersports segment in fiscal 2011, though wholesale net sales increased 15 percent over 2010, according to its most recent fiscal report.

The motorcycle and engine segment, which includes motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs and PWC, saw net sales of $2.8 billion during the 2011 fiscal year that ended March 31.

The company as a whole fared well despite the loss in powersports, as it saw an increase in net income of $312 million.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:56 pm

Just saying....... Polaris sales are up in the power sports segment. Kaw is down. I wonder what people are buying? I think if Kaw would build a true sport machine they would dominate the market.

2cents

Stakk!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
KYWILDCATS74

KYWILDCATS74

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:59 pm

[ I think if Kaw would build a true sport machine they would dominate the market.

2cents

Stakk!!!!!!!! [/quote]

They do dominate... Just have to mod them up a little thatsright trust me
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:09 pm

KYWILDCATS74 wrote:
Big-R wrote:
I think if Kaw would build a true sport machine they would dominate the market.

2cents

Stakk!!!!!!!!

They do dominate... Just have to mod them up a little thatsright trust me

Well, I would need a long travel kit on one. Then I would have a 65" machine and that I don't want. But I would love to have that engine in a 60" wide machine with at least 12" of wheel travel.....
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Wow look at that 11" Travel & 58" wide.what a sweetie!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:12 pm

pit dog wrote:

Yeah, That is getting real close Pit. Real close....... Now if you can lower the center of gravity a little and you got it!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:18 pm

pit dog wrote:

Rubbing any tires on those Fenders Paul?
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:36 pm

No not at all with 28" tall tires. Elka guy finally got me took care of today. Four new front springs & revalved all four. Charged me 50.00,I couldn't believe it.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:22 am

pit dog wrote:
No not at all with 28" tall tires. Elka guy finally got me took care of today. Four new front springs & revalved all four. Charged me 50.00,I couldn't believe it.

Fitty bucks.....hell of a deal!!!
Back to top Go down
KYWILDCATS74

KYWILDCATS74

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyWed May 04, 2011 8:22 am

Big-R wrote:
pit dog wrote:

Yeah, That is getting real close Pit. Real close....... Now if you can lower the center of gravity a little and you got it!

My bike is 63" in rear and 60" in the front.. Wheel travel isnt there yet but we are in the process of fabing up some a-arms that will give you that kinda travel without making you
wider than what mine is now. The lower center of gravity can be helped... I dont notice it as much with a aftermarket cage , removal of sway bar, lowered seat bases or just aftermaket seats.. The RZR does have the Teryx beat hands down on that issue, but to be honest the ride of the RZR made me like my bike more. I felt like I was driving a go-cart through the trails instead of a truck type vehicle. My buddy wanted to swap for a while...( no I am not into that stuff roflmao ) I asked if he liked the Teryx and he said no he doest like the Teryx but your bike... eyes wide open shaking his head speachless said aint no Teryx.. Shocked I said living in evey Teryx is one these.. Just have to awaken the Monster..

Kawasaki can do better.. Release a Teryx sport "Tecate" Do the mods I have done straight from the factory. All they would have to do is shocks , a-arms, seats , cage and big bore .. That sounds like allot but from the factory that could be a $3000 option.

Pit , you need to let me get ahold of that engine Twisted Evil

Last edited by KYWILDCATS74 on Wed May 04, 2011 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyWed May 04, 2011 8:22 am

That's a deal! Like a soar Peter......ya can't beat it!
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:32 am

It's in the right direction,bed delete about 180 lbs cage is minus 5 1/2" minus 2" on seat bases. And the way the BS sand seats are made are about another 2" lower. Not bad for a economy build.lol cat wont be long.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:58 pm

KYWILDCATS74 wrote:
The RZR does have the Teryx beat hands down on that issue, but to be honest the ride of the RZR made me like my bike more. I felt like I was driving a go-cart through the trails instead of a truck type vehicle.

That is the thing I like the most about the RZR. It did not feel like a truck. It was more like a buggy or rail. Now that was coming out of the Rhino. I have drove a few Teryx's too and to me it has the same truck feel with a lot more power.

I am not knocking the machine just saying what I would like other manufacturers to make for ME. I know the RZR is a hot selling machine. Moreover, people that don't like Polaris are still buying them. That has got to count for something. I know if I were the head of R&D we would be working on a sport machine.
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:16 am

When we all go riding all you have to do is look around and see what most everybody is riding, PoPo. Great trail machine and not a farm machine. Depends on what your needs are, I don't want to buy a machine and spend $$$$$ on just to make it do what a stock RZRS can do. 2cents
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:44 am

pit dog wrote:

What kind of changes were you looking for in the shocks? What was wrong with them to start with?
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:51 am

I love my RZR S, it is my second sxs. I came from the Rhino Sport Edition. I do hope more companies come out with sport sxs machines. Whether the new machines are better than the RZR or not, the competition will only make the sport class better. Competition forces companies to produce better quality. 2cents
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:26 am

They are elka stage 4 elites came off a 14" long travel rhino.On my setup they were to stiff. He lightened the valving and changed the front springs.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:37 am

pit dog wrote:
They are elka stage 4 elites came off a 14" long travel rhino.On my setup they were to stiff. He lightened the valving and changed the front springs.

What weight springs are on the front and rear now?
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:06 pm

Same springs on rear just revalved lighter, Fronts are 840 & 460. Played with them a little today.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 2:55 am

pit dog wrote:
Fronts are 840 & 460.

lbs?
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:47 am

Big-R wrote:
pit dog wrote:
Fronts are 840 & 460.

lbs?
Right lbs rear is a single rate I thank it's a 680 lbs. We are taking the 860 lbs off the front, going to use the,old 660lbs spring. was a little stiff. fyi not supposed to powder coat springs,to much heat. What the elka guy said.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:22 am

pit dog wrote:
Big-R wrote:
pit dog wrote:
Fronts are 840 & 460.

lbs?
Right lbs rear is a single rate I thank it's a 680 lbs. We are taking the 860 lbs off the front, going to use the,old 660lbs spring. was a little stiff. fyi not supposed to powder coat springs,to much heat. What the elka guy said.

I would say that is stiff since the stock springs are 250# front and 450# rear.
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:28 pm

Even the spot shocks bottom easy, Spring wise the ride height is good.The ride is valving. Put the 680 on today and the front,made the 460 compress completely. going to have to have a stronger top spring. That's what elka man says. believe me I am no shock wizard.lol
Back to top Go down
KYWILDCATS74

KYWILDCATS74

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:59 pm

Pit did you powder coat your cage?
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Yes cage,roof & doors, James at beam powdercoat it matched perfect,260 I thought that was cheep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  Empty

Back to top Go down

Kawasaki posts powersports loss
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next