SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kawasaki posts powersports loss

Go down 
+4
pit dog
KYWILDCATS74
Big-R
wvyankee2
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Kawasaki posts powersports loss  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:22 pm

pit dog wrote:
Big-R wrote:
pit dog wrote:
Fronts are 840 & 460.

lbs?
Right lbs rear is a single rate I thank it's a 680 lbs. We are taking the 860 lbs off the front, going to use the,old 660lbs spring. was a little stiff. fyi not supposed to powder coat springs,to much heat. What the elka guy said.

Wow that seems stiff. You might need to go see Smoothride and do some more re-valving. Sounds like your compression is a little light.
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:02 am

My high speed and low speed compression are backed all the way off. He lightened them just not enough. and top front spring is not heavy enough. Ride is good just could be a lot better. =uMay have to get with smoothride to fine tune them
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:18 am

pit dog wrote:
My high speed and low speed compression are backed all the way off. He lightened them just not enough. and top front spring is not heavy enough. Ride is good just could be a lot better. =uMay have to get with smoothride to fine tune them

I had the same problem with my Walkers. Except they were to stiff. Tim (smoothride) has a shock dino at his house. He works on them then you ride. Take them back off and work on them some more.

This was a all day deal. There is a lot to getting the shocks really set up for our type of riding. Most of the guys that work for the shock companies don't know how we ride. It is much different then the sand.

Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Big R how much is a service like that cost.The elka guy is the east cost tech center, they support GNCC riders.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 12:58 pm

pit dog wrote:
Big R how much is a service like that cost.The elka guy is the east cost tech center, they support GNCC riders.

It is not cheap....... But he is damn good. Walker re-valued my shocks for 30 bucks each. It was a wast of money. I don't think they did anything except charge me 30 bucks per shock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kawasaki posts powersports loss    Kawasaki posts powersports loss  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kawasaki posts powersports loss
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2