SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from

Go down 
+2
GunRunner
Mudcon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-10-12

yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from Empty
PostSubject: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:13 pm

hey yall look at this post on the teryx forum and let me know if have an idea???

leak seal??????????
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudcon.com
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:14 am

oil runs down, find the highest wet point and you will probily find the leak
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:43 am

I thought it was the driveshaft seal that goes in back of the motor but its dry. the highest point looks like the housing the seal goes in and runs down from that. it also could look like the drain plug and blowing back then up?
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 4:44 pm

drain plug is easy, wrap the threads in Teflon tape ,instal and wash it and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Looks like the center case-halfs are leaking to me.

Last edited by ridepate on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:40 am

UPDATE-- last night I cleaned it all off and went and rode it for about 15 min came back and saw the pic below. looks like that one case bolt. I torqed on the bolt and it moved about a quarter of a turn so went and rode it again and it did not leak the second time. I will try again tonight just to make sure.

yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from OIL5
Back to top Go down
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:10 am

UPDATE again. after sitting a couple days, the oil leak is back. that bolt I sealed is good and dry but the case half is so it looks like the engine will half to be pulled to reseal. well its good its under warranty but I really dont want it pulled. with all the accessories I have on it what all has to be pulled to get the motor out? I take it all my shit radio sirus and marine radio wiring will have to come off. does the cage and bed have to be pulled?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Depends on what they are using to pull the motor. The cage does not have to be pulled, but the crossbar on the back of the cage will need removed and the bed removed.

I would take it to the dealer and see what they say.
Back to top Go down
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:54 pm

stopped by there at lunch. I am going to put rtv on it and run it till winter.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:42 pm

ridepate wrote:
Looks like the center case-halfs are leaking to me.

Ding-Ding................

Blob it up and keep an eye on it!!! Sorry to hear that, pretty uncommon.
Back to top Go down
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:55 pm

I know right. I have not been able to find a single case on the internet with this problem. my freaking luck
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Mudcon wrote:
I know right. I have not been able to find a single case on the internet with this problem. my freaking luck

Could have been machined wrong, or just not sealed correctly. I don't think there is a actual gasket, just sealant, so the case faces have to be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Damn Mud.... That sucks.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Jimbo....look again at pic #3.......study it ....I see a crack. Now, may be it is where the case's fit together, but that is a BAD fit if that's the case.....no play on words intended. The same crack can be seen in photo's #4 and #5.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:50 pm

Mud.....brake clean that sucker off....nice and clean. Then start it up and run the engine....do not drive it......just run it. Want to see where that crap is coming from.
I think it's being blown out of the crack I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:03 am

Fox can you take the pic your talking about and put it in paint and circle the crack you see and repost it? I have cleaned it off and let it run for an hour and nothing. its only after it sits for a day or so. I got up there last night with a flash light and the only thing that was wet is right where the case halfs are.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Mudcon wrote:
Fox can you take the pic your talking about and put it in paint and circle the crack you see and repost it? I have cleaned it off and let it run for an hour and nothing. its only after it sits for a day or so. I got up there last night with a flash light and the only thing that was wet is right where the case halfs are.

Mud.....I did what you asked, but I can't get it posted back on the site....so any help ,I'll take. hide
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:51 pm

You talking about the little "L" shaped one Fox??? I think that's just casting flash????
Back to top Go down
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:11 pm

email it to me and I will post it. west.k@charter.net
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from   yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from Empty

Back to top Go down

yall look at this post and see where the oil is coming from
Page 1 of 1