SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

best kinda of aftermarket air filter?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

best kinda of aftermarket air filter? Empty
PostSubject: best kinda of aftermarket air filter?   best kinda of aftermarket air filter? EmptySat May 24, 2008 2:06 am

stock one is covered and needing a new one...what do i need to buy?

Question
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: best kinda of aftermarket air filter?   best kinda of aftermarket air filter? EmptySat May 24, 2008 2:38 am

i have a k7n but prob go with uni
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: best kinda of aftermarket air filter?   best kinda of aftermarket air filter? EmptySat May 24, 2008 8:36 am

UNI
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: best kinda of aftermarket air filter?   best kinda of aftermarket air filter? EmptySat May 24, 2008 9:41 am

i got a UNI cvt filter geek but soon or later ill be gettin the UNI main air filter
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: best kinda of aftermarket air filter?   best kinda of aftermarket air filter? EmptySat May 24, 2008 2:15 pm

cant find them for a 700 on the site, wonder if the 660 one will fit?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: best kinda of aftermarket air filter?   best kinda of aftermarket air filter? EmptySat May 24, 2008 2:31 pm

call hunterworks
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: best kinda of aftermarket air filter?   best kinda of aftermarket air filter? EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:14 am

Lots of Uni filter styles to chose from....I went with the hard style and I am happy with it. http://www.blackrhinoperformance.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=FIL251011 Still have the stock as a back up and I can tell a difference on throttle response. I am sure Hunterworks carries the hard style but couldnt find it on their site.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: best kinda of aftermarket air filter?   best kinda of aftermarket air filter? EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:34 am

nocerisdave wrote:
Lots of Uni filter styles to chose from....I went with the hard style and I am happy with it. http://www.blackrhinoperformance.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=FIL251011 Still have the stock as a back up and I can tell a difference on throttle response. I am sure Hunterworks carries the hard style but couldnt find it on their site.

how about cleanin the hard style? i know the foam is easy breezy. Also i know when i clean mine(stocker) it has a whole bunch of duild up so how much better does it trap the dust
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: best kinda of aftermarket air filter?   best kinda of aftermarket air filter? EmptySun May 25, 2008 3:56 am

I soak mine in hot water with a little dishwashing liquid and use a soft brush to clean the outside. I flush the uni with lots of medium hot water until the water clears up. I always apply filter oil after letting the uni air dry. And dont forget to add a 'ring of grease' where the filter butts up to the airbox inlet assembly to seal the uni. The hard style is a little more tricky than the stocker so I listen for the audible pop when it pops into the correct position opposite the air box inlet.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: best kinda of aftermarket air filter?   best kinda of aftermarket air filter? EmptySun May 25, 2008 4:47 pm

awesome..thanks for the help guys.

just gotta decide it i want the hard style or not
Back to top Go down
utlover

utlover

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: best kinda of aftermarket air filter?   best kinda of aftermarket air filter? EmptyMon May 26, 2008 1:41 am

Got the UNI also.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: best kinda of aftermarket air filter?   best kinda of aftermarket air filter? EmptyMon May 26, 2008 8:20 am

Uni or Twin Air
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best kinda of aftermarket air filter?   best kinda of aftermarket air filter? Empty

Back to top Go down

best kinda of aftermarket air filter?
Page 1 of 1