SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Race June 22

Go down 
+3
wvyankee2
broknbonz
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 8:25 pm

I thought Id put a racing section on here. Who all is planning on going?
Back to top Go down
broknbonz

broknbonz

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-03-03

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 12:03 am

I think ginger & I are going to attend the next one. not really trying to go all out but just have some fun.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 2:36 am

"If you get my rhino done. Laughing "

What do yall think about getting sponsered as a team..I think I can get some
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 2:14 am

Who are the racers from our group going to this one? drive
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 2:37 am

ME AND PATE
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 6:05 pm

well i guess im riding with ridepate..my damn rhino wont be finished in time..

ridepate+wheelin= affraid poo
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:44 pm

Wheelin wrote:
well i guess im riding with ridepate..my damn rhino wont be finished in time..

ridepate+wheelin= affraid poo

You got some big Kahunas Nick. Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 10:57 pm

MUHAHAHAHA........... drive
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:15 pm

Kicked their ass. Twisted Evil Way to go guys. cheers

Last edited by wvyankee2 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 1:42 am

Race report- June 22nd. Nick and I started behind 4 RZR'S and our buddy, forgot his name, sorry, (the bed-less 660),
Stage-1, first loop, no problems, we were fast but I relized my front -suspension set-up was wayy off and we would later pay for it.
Stage 2 went well besides some close-calls with our friends the pine-trees,which resulted in quite a few "Wooooo-Weeees", we saw 1 RZR upside down in the trees, ask them if they were O.K. they gave us the thumbs-up and we jetted on
Saw the green, bedless 660 on the side of the trail with a ball-joint popped-offed, he got it fixed quickly.
Our 660 front-end set-up was so horrible we were bottoming-out and bucking like a couple of drunk-cowboys .

Stage 3- after a few miles, something didnt feel right. We had put a thumb-sized hole in the sidewall on the brand-new ,left-rear Duro. We limped to the end of the stage, and after finishing the stage, we were off the clock , so back to the pits to change a tire. Tire-changed, (thanks to the human-jacks,Dillon and TG crew) We were on our way to Stage 4.

Stage 4 was a pretty fast stage, In fact so fast, I pushed into a corner, (due to my horrible front-end setup) and smacked a pine with the r/f, off came the ball-joint, we were pigeion-toed. Found a good 2-lb rock and smacked the t/r back on. One car passed us, but no worries.

Stage 5- We were still feeling the effects of the whip-lash and severe-bottoming from my poor front-end setup, but after the pine-tree get together in Stage 4 ,the Rhinny would not hardly turn left,right was O.K, bit I knew something was wrong.

Went back to the pits for intermission between loops. Checked the car and the toe didn't look right, I didnt notice the REAL damage yet. Thought the smack might have bent something, but honestly could not see anything bent. Adjusted the toe-out back to a little toe-in.

Stage-1 loop 2. Same starting line-up. The Rhinny was driving terrible with a stock- wheel on the L/R and a ITP 2+5 on the R/R plus the severe-slop in the steering-wheel it was not pretty, but we jetted through.

Stage-3 Hit a whooped-out square-edged hole, off came the tie-rod again, found a beater again, WHACK, off we go again. After about 5 miles into the stage. I noticed my fearless co-driver was not saying much and his helment was flopping all over the place like he was having a little trouble. At the end of the stage Nick was puking on the side of the Rhino, off the clock, of course!!! The workers at the gate got him some water, which was 90 degrees, the boy was over-heated and we needed a MEDIC!!!!!
They took him back to the pits where he was attended to by a very hot blonde medic............funny how he got better really.really quick....I soldiered-on alone in what was now a very beat,hot, dusty Rhino.

Stage 4 went o.k. I got into the "zone" and flew through the stage with no problems except all the ones mentioned above.

Stage-5 The last one, man was I happy to get this over with by now. Got to a place and bottomed-out in a dry rut, and "pop" the old weak tie-rod popped of again..............damn!!!!! Looked for the perfect smacker again, no rocks!!!! Took me a while to find the right whacker,as I was attempting to pop the t/r back on I noticed what my steering problem was...............the rack and pinion was BROKEN I N HALF!!!!!!!!!!! And I had been hauling-ass for 25 miles with this sloppy steering not knowing this was the problem!!!!!!!!! It could have put us into a tree at any moment. But better not to know I guess, then I would have slowed-down.......

Over-all thoughts.

It was a whooped-out, hard-packed, dusty hot race and finishing was a feat in itself. I really felt bad for the Rhino when I got home. Here's at least 13k I have beat the hell out of, and probably will cost me 400.00 plus to get it back to spec. So my future in racing with the Rhino, at least, might be in question. But the REDROCKETRACING, SOUTHERNSXSRIDERS,HUNTERWORKS,SONOCORACEFUELS,UNLEASHEDUTV.COM Rhino finished first in class, third overall.
Back to top Go down
broknbonz

broknbonz

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-03-03

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 10:08 am

That's racing, woo hoo

congrat's on the win. those trees are hell on the rhino's
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 11:58 am

I had fun Jimbo..Sorry about over-heating but thats just me in the hot summer weather..I made it longer than i thought..lol
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 12:01 pm

There is a new Sheriff in town for the Top Gear Challenge series. busted

Can you say Points leader. cheers
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 4:04 pm

You guys make me proud cheers

ridepate, you know Nick saw that very hot blond medic before the race and faked the overheating vomit drunken hump
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 4:23 pm

lol..yeah right
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 5:09 pm

Sounds like my old days racing dirt track, :<flag: Lot of fun, but it takes a lot of work and cash to be or stay on top. Rhino steering units are a weak link but I did read the 09s have a better support system to make them more durable. Sounds like a great race RP, and I bet this is what perked old nick up pervert lol!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 5:27 pm

lol gunny..I'll admit one thing,ol pate can drive drive . Hell we would have been faster but he scared the poo out of me a couple of times so my piss bag was full and that added weight lol!
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 3:56 am

Good news for sure guys! Congrats! :D
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 7:24 am

NICE REPORT PATE.... I followed you every turn of the ride...

I see now why you were asking about steering racks in the wtb....

once you pop it a tie rod end - it pops easier the next time.... (remember to always put the original beater in the cab with you - my buddy RJ at Big Buck found a rock, it rode with them the entire rest of the way and came in handy again...)

congrats on the finish.... persevering pays off....

WHEELIN - wear a camelback on the next hot ride... or load up on gatorade first... or scope out the medics and fake another heat stroke to get the F out of that crazy fast scary steering rhino and make out with Nurse Nancy woo hoo

(much more likely than the first 2 options Wink )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Race June 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Race June 22   New Race June 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Race June 22
Page 1 of 1