SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

enclosed trailer

Go down 
+9
GunRunner
rcmass
AIRBORNE
Clayboy
Big-R
shawnley1222
wvyankee2
rubicon05
Neuromax
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

enclosed trailer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: enclosed trailer   enclosed trailer - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 9:52 pm

I am looking at all these pics with interest. I bought an 8.5 x 18 v-nose. I already got the thing wired, got the 14,000BTU heat-a/c unit installed, and got the generator to power it. I am looking at the beds now, and how to build a table in the "V". The table will hold the microwave and tv-dvd combo, and most importantly to the old man here.....the coffee pot.
I am thinking of how I am going to rig the shower. I think I am going to use a Coleman Hot water on demand and a portable shower house. That way it won't be in the way until you are ready to use it. I think I may buy a portable potty too for the ladies too. The thing is I bought my trailer to serve two purposes. I want to be able to move household goods too when the time comes, so I don't want everything to be permanently fixed. It would be nice to have it all there all the time, but it would cut down on the functionality of the trailer. I have gotten lots of great ideas from people. Once I get more pics, I will post them. Should be sometime around March when I get back and have time to toy with it.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: enclosed trailer   enclosed trailer - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 8:04 am

Airborne,

I use the Coleman on Demand water heater too and it works GREAT. You can build an inside shower also if you like that takes very little room. Get a shower pan from Home Depot or Lowes and put a hinge on one side, get a small round boat "hatch" for the drain. When you fold it up the drain has a cover and the pan is up against the wall. The beds are the best addition I made with the permanent mattresses instead of an air mattress. Nothing in my trailer takes up any room past the fender wells so I still have a fully functional enclosed trailer.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: enclosed trailer   enclosed trailer - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 10:14 am

I am actually thinking that I may end up using a plastic shower. I have been thinking 2 ways...............1) A 36X36 shower base and put it on a 2x4 frame with a drain that feeds into a hose and out a small hole in the back near the rear door (I want to make the smallest hole possible), and I would put the whole thing inside a portable, collapsible shower house. When the base is not in use, put it up against the wall out of the way.
2) A plastic one-man closet-type shower, but instead of the thing being screwed together permanently, use hinges so the 3 sides would all fold in like a divider. Then it would be simple to stow against the wall. I don't know how tall those things are, but my ceiling height is around 79-80" on the inside. The 3 walls may would have to be trimmed off at the top to get it to fit okay. I think I could make it work though. I am just curious about the hinges working like I want. Anyone have any thoughts about that?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: enclosed trailer   enclosed trailer - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Sounds like it would work well
Back to top Go down
Georgia4x4

Georgia4x4

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: enclosed trailer   enclosed trailer - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 11:57 am

I forgot to mention ours is for sale.
2005 Pace Explorer
20 ft.
Heat and air
Shower
toilet
Refridge
Microwave
Cabinets
Stainless sink
Pantry
Removable 4 place table
2-Fold down couches that convert to twin beds
Sleeps 4 comfortabley can sleep more if needed
8 5k D rings in floor. Several Eybolts mounted in stratigic locations for holding down stuff.
Tool box area
Three Bike shoes in floor -removable
Carbon Monoxide detector
Smoke Detector
System status board
Fire Ex.
RV Hook up with Black ,Grey and 40 gallon fresh water tank
You can fit a Rhino and a small four wheeler inside. It will also hold a small four wheeler and three bike.

$9000 with Generator 8000 watt mounted on tongue (Generac)
$8500 without Generator
Vince (404) 391-4156
enclosed trailer - Page 2 FactoryRig001
enclosed trailer - Page 2 FactoryRig002
Back to top Go down
Bamagirl

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: enclosed trailer   enclosed trailer - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:11 am

The Coleman hot water on demand will be my next purchase to go with my camping/riding stuff... I have used it in the past of someone that we used to ride with and have decided this would be a good addition to our camping stuff. They also make an attachment for a shower.... we also used the other one in the kitchen for cleaning up dishes.... if u have a coleman kitchen table thingy with a sink u just fill it up with hot water, and its ready to rinse.

The pics I got for my trailer arent fancy at all...when we go we do more campfire socializing and riding then stayin in the trailer.... mine would only be useful pics for someone trying to keep it as lowkey and standard as u can. Sure beats sleeping in a tent in the rain!
Back to top Go down
http://dixiedrifters.12.forumer.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: enclosed trailer   enclosed trailer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

enclosed trailer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2