SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SxS Ownership $$$

Go down 
+11
Thumper Vince
Mudxtc
AIRBORNE
rubicon05
Clayboy
Bad Behavior
shawnley1222
nocerisdave
Admin
Big-R
wvyankee2
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 10:38 pm

When we bought the Rhino, I thought, 10k ain't too bad, we can afford it. Well, buying a machine holds some hidden costs.
1. Rhino, $9.9k out the door (with digi dash and warranty and a few little goodies)
2. Trailer, $1.7k (I thought the trailer that a family member gave us would haul the thing... wrong)
3. 2000 V8 Dakota to pull the trailer, $5k (After selling the underpowered '94 Yota PU)
4. Tie down Straps, $50 (gotta keep it on the trailer)
5. Trailer brake controller and wiring, $150 (I like to keep the brakes on the truck working)
6. New Hitch, $130 (All trucks should come with this IMO)
7. Soft Top, $86 (gotta keep the sun off ya)
8. Pressure Washer, $300 (normal water pressure will not remove 'baby shit' mud)
9. Gas, Oils, Lubes, Filters and misc stuff ~$150 (so far)
10. Snacks etc for the rides, ~$200 (gotta eat)
11. Helmets, $110 (keep the brain in it's proper container)
12. Gloves, $40 (come in handy sometimes)
13. Goggles, $70 (I like to be able to see after a ride)
14. Misc stuff I know I've forgotten, ~$100 (sounds about right)

So, it looks like we're in for around $18,000.00 to have this kinda fun.

Worth it? HELL YEAH!!! cheers

I know others have spent waaaaay more than us, but this is the most I've ever spent in my life on a 'toy'.

Last edited by DirtDawber on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 10:46 pm

Yeah, I kinda swallowed real hard when I pulled out the 9K to buy the Rhino. I'm up to about 11.5K now. Rolling Eyes

But Rumblein down the trail listenen to some crankin tunes..............Priceless Exclamation Wink
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 10:57 pm

Well I had the truck and trailer so why not the rhino. Now I might buy an RV and that is how this poo gets started
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 11:04 pm

I THROW the reciepts away..........I don't want to know. But rough guess ,12 to 13 k by now, in just the Rhino!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 12:04 am

Spend it..You only have 1 life
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 4:04 am

What esle you gonna do with your money....I have had lots of expensive hobbies and the ATV, MXr's and UTV's have by far been the best spent money as far as a hobby. Golf dont give me the rush the Rhino can. Bass fishing is lots of time somewhat dissapointing, (dont know why I keep fishin....but I do). I can jump on the Rhino and get a little rush ant time I wont to....not to mention the stress relief I get from being in the woods.......I Agree DD money well spent....I think Ill look at a 40" plasma for mine.....Bling bling.....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 5:15 am

i hear that... got about 12k in mine and nothing to brag about (seems like i overpay on everything) getting a trailer to fit mine cost and extra $250 (traded in a 5x8 that carried the forman for a 5x10) with a 2001 chevy z71 as a hauler that has some busted ass cataletac (sp) converters that wont let me shift over 3,000 rpms lol ahhhh i get ahead and something else f's up NEVER BUY A CHEVY!
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 6:42 am

i also throw the reciepts away casue i dont wanna know
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 1:29 pm

Well, I got lucky. I've only got about $7500 in mine so far, including the price of the Rhino. My problem is that I am modding it, still modding my K5, and adding stuff to my Dodge. If I only had 1 "toy" to customize, I would be in good shape, but I have 3, and I CANNOT leave ANYTHING stock. Drives my wife crazy, too. drive
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 1:52 pm

You guys are breaking my heart! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 2:16 pm

Maybe we need to start a Ladies forum. So, our wives and significant others can get on here and talk about how we are using up all their Mall money on these SideXSides. affraid

It would make for some interesting reading study Eat affraid pot

I figure they would use this one alot hump .......... Rolling Eyes lol!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 8:56 pm

Clayboy wrote:
You guys are breaking my heart! Laughing Laughing Laughing

SxS Ownership  $$$ 12

SxS Ownership  $$$ Kissmyass

SxS Ownership  $$$ 1231_hysterically_laughing
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 9:12 pm

i think i have a little over 12K invested in mine. I got my seats, intake, and winch for a pretty good deal but the rest i had to pay the normal crazy ATV/UTV prices. But all that doesn't matter to me cause it's paid for....can't beat that
btw...my old lady thinks i'm crazy everytime i buy something else....she's at the point now where she's almost getting mad.....
and to top it off i bought a new truck yesterday...she's going to be really happy after all that is done...haha :D :D
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Well, if you count the trailer and the stuff on the truck to pull the trailer and the Rhino, we are looking at about 16k. Do I love it so far??? Hell yes!!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 10:51 pm

Who can put a price on fun? The wife here always says what do you need that for? You know this may be a crappy way to look at things but If I want it can afford it....why not....if I dont take a plunge I will always say "what if" as I watch my friends do what I wanted to... Ditto LT HELL YES.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 10:58 pm

HELL YES
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 11:13 pm

It's unanimous then. cheers We have a WINNER!! Johnny, tell us what we've won!!
Back to top Go down
Mudxtc

Mudxtc

Number of posts : 106

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 11:58 am

Rhino, 10.5K
Suburban, 43K
Trailer, 1.5K
All the goodies to go wheeling, 2K
Divorce cause I am never home, 105K + Child support + Ex-Wifey gone = PRICELESS!!!!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 12:18 pm

Ouch.
Back to top Go down
Thumper Vince
SSXSRider Member
Thumper Vince

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-04-23

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 11:06 am

Quit complaining, you ought to try serious off-roading with the Hummer H1 groups. Initial costs aside, trail body damage and breakage o one event could easily pay for a whole year of SxS riding including costs of equipment. I was part owner in a off-road race/retail shop and know that our way of doing it is just as much fun for a mere fraction of the cost.
Thumper
Back to top Go down
jimrs

jimrs

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-10

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 11:52 am

I can see this hobby getting real expensive. I could never do the Hummer thing, too much initial cost. I find it interesting the cost of parts and ad ons for the little UTV's. Some are not bad while others seem outlandish. But you have to spend it somewhere. I love to ride so I guess I just keep adding and adding until ????
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 1:45 pm

Thumper Vince wrote:
Quit complaining, you ought to try serious off-roading with the Hummer H1 groups. Initial costs aside, trail body damage and breakage o one event could easily pay for a whole year of SxS riding including costs of equipment. I was part owner in a off-road race/retail shop and know that our way of doing it is just as much fun for a mere fraction of the cost.
Thumper

I agree with Thumper. Been there done that Exclamation Rhino is 1/3 the investment, and just as much fun. And, I dont have to decide what I want to take riding this weekend. Laughing

SxS Ownership  $$$ Rubicon05001xq2

SxS Ownership  $$$ Rhinospics001pk9
Back to top Go down
Mudxtc

Mudxtc

Number of posts : 106

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 8:47 pm

For many years I did the hardcore offraod thing, Jeeps with rockwells, 44" tires, dual t-cases, hydro steering, EFI swaps, roll cages, trailers, F350's to pull em. Easily spent over 200K in the past 15 years just keeping them operational, all while trying to get my AMA roadracing career going(Dont even get me started on costs for that one). And all the while putting diapers and food out for 2 kids! While working for the Feds!!!!!

Talk about a pain in the wallet!
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 8:19 am

I use to keep track of all my purchases for my toys amd when the file became VERY large I decided to add them up...............I started the off highway sport in 2001 and lets just say that i went in head 1st and have not looked back. Just in the machines, aftermarket parts, trailers and maintenance I have spent $87,000. Needless to say.................I STOPPED COUNTING!
Some people save until they retire and then pass away before they get to. Some people save until they retire and are in such bad medical health that they cant enjoy it. Some people save until they retire and give it all to their kids......WELL.......My family has fun as a family and I will work until i die but you can bet that we will have plenty of stories to tell woo hoo
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 8:24 pm

Some people save until they retire and then pass away before they get to. Some people save until they retire and are in such bad medical health that they cant enjoy it. Some people save until they retire and give it all to their kids......WELL.......My family has fun as a family and I will work until i die but you can bet that we will have plenty of stories to tell woo hoo[/quote]

well said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: SxS Ownership $$$   SxS Ownership  $$$ Empty

Back to top Go down

SxS Ownership $$$
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next