SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS

Go down 
+5
KY. Colonel
Stakk
BIG D 57
Big-R
cajuncoot
9 posters
AuthorMessage
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  Empty
PostSubject: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 5:32 pm

my teryx needs new front bearings and guess what ,, they are backordered from kawi for 4 weeks ,, my great friend BIG D stopped by his dealer today and asked for me ,,nope ,,but the parts dude says man that wheel bearing looks familar,, it is . the wheel bearings on the teryx are the same as a 660 grizzly yamaha according to the cross ref codes ! they had aftermarket in stock which the man says are better than stock but $44 instead of $27 ,,but i need them so my PAL BIG D grabbed them for me ! THANKS BIG D THAT RETURNED THE HORTON FAVOR !! Chug
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:41 pm

cajuncoot wrote:
my teryx needs new front bearings and guess what ,, they are backordered from kawi for 4 weeks ,, my great friend BIG D stopped by his dealer today and asked for me ,,nope ,,but the parts dude says man that wheel bearing looks familar,, it is . the wheel bearings on the teryx are the same as a 660 grizzly yamaha according to the cross ref codes ! they had aftermarket in stock which the man says are better than stock but $44 instead of $27 ,,but i need them so my PAL BIG D grabbed them for me ! THANKS BIG D THAT RETURNED THE HORTON FAVOR !! Chug

That is not good. We all know how well Rhino bearings hold up.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:55 pm

yea but 800 marty miles and front wheel bearings are toast ?????
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:02 pm

The only one who can make Rhino bearings last is Smith.... lol!
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:41 pm

NO they are after market two pack for $44 AND they are Pivot Works bearings, THat is what the dealer uses instaed of YAMAHA bearings
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:39 pm

cajuncoot wrote:

Sorry but WRONG, the Grizz bearings WILL use the Teryx bearings but they are not the same bearing, they are not the same just beacuse they will fit. Teryx wheel bearings are about $12.00 bucks at the dealer across the road and they are selling them instead of the Yamaha bearings to Grizz customers because they last longer and are cheaper to boot......been down this road before, just a FYI I replaced the front bearings on the 2010 at almost 3000 Brimstone miles, this was the 1st set I've ever had to replace, like I said on the phone. The Pivot Works bearings may in fact be the same, but go look at a factory Grizz bearing then a factory Teryx bearing, not the same at all.
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:54 am

This is good information for us Teryx jockey's. Thanks for posting it. And everyone knows how good a guy Big-D is. Y'all have fun in the UP and be safe. HatWave
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:40 am

Was it just the one front wheel Coot?
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:26 am

Yea haven't checked rear yet
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Must have been caused by a incorrectly torqued axle nut from the factory.
Back to top Go down
nitefab
SSXSRider Member
nitefab

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Not to sound dumb but are you sure it is the wheel bearing. Most of the time it looks like a front wheel bearing but is actually the lower a-arm bushings. That what is been mostly wrong on the teryx's I know of. You can move the wheel slightly and think wheel bearing but when watching closely the bottom a-arm will move.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:21 pm

yea i looked ,,if i grab the rotor it only wiggles nothing else ,, marty i checked the torque (196 )ft lbs and it clicked just as it started to move .
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:46 am

cajuncoot wrote:

OK done a little searching and ME being confused I found out that the Grizzly uses the same factory bearing and the FRONT Teryx, the rear Teryx bearing is bigger though, the Grizz uses same front Teryx bearings all around, and is actually a heavier duty bearing than is in the Rhino. Now the most interesting think is that Kawi charges $12.00 for this bearing, Yamaha charges $65.00 Shocked So anyway that is waht I was confused about I knew the rear bearing was totally different, but the front is the same part number despite your problem they are tough bearings, I've only replaced one set at 3000 miles on the front, Some of the Moose, Pivot Works and others say "China" on them.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 5:45 pm

this bearing was busted at the front end about 1/4 way down .when i pulled the bearing the inside popped out and was awful dry. the outer edge seal was all bent up . the reason i went with the pivot works was the same part # and they were in stock .kawi was a 4 week backorder and i dont have that time ! thanks for all your help stakk !
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:27 am

Rhino brakes will work on the Trex 2 just a little grinding
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 9:07 am

I have run the Pivot works, moose, cheap ebay, machine shop, and many other bearing and the best I have found for the rhino is the QuadBoss. The QuadBoss bearings have a lot better seals than the rest of the bearings. The Quadboss seals look similar to stock Yamaha seals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 3:00 pm

cajuncoot wrote:
this bearing was busted at the front end about 1/4 way down .when i pulled the bearing the inside popped out and was awful dry. the outer edge seal was all bent up . the reason i went with the pivot works was the same part # and they were in stock .kawi was a 4 week backorder and i dont have that time ! thanks for all your help stakk !

never heard of that happening... scratch but will pass the word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS    KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS  Empty

Back to top Go down

KAWASAKI WHEEL BEARINGS
Page 1 of 1