SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!

Go down 
+9
Bigmike
ridepate
Baditude
Dan
d6nlpg
seweljj
Cuz
Reeko
samiam
13 posters
AuthorMessage
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Yeah, I don't believe it either but that what it says and I ordered 2 for the rear of my RZR today.  The gentleman said the bearings are made by Pivot Works ( not sure if the name is together or separate ) and if there is ever a problem there is a free replacement. $49 per bearing.  Haven't googled the co. yet but at least it sounds American. Ordered from Super Dave's and here is their web site.

http://www.superdaves.com/.
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Found this;

THE PIVOT WORKS LIFETIME REPLACEMENT OFFER
2/27/2012
Lifetime Replacement Offer

Pivot Works, the market leader in complete suspension and chassis rebuild kits has raised the bar again. The first company to offer fast, easy, and complete bearing kits is introducing another industry first, Lifetime Replacement offer on all Pivot Works bearing and seal kits.

That’s right; if you’re the original owner and your Pivot Works kit has expired as a result of ordinary wear and tear, you’re covered with a free replacement! It’s that simple; purchase a new Pivot Works bearing and seal kit after January 1st 2012, and Pivot Works has you covered for life.

For more information on the Pivot Works lifetime replacement offer or how to obtain your replacement kit, please visit http://www.pivotworks.com/LifetimeReplacement.aspx
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

I'm running them in mine. 200 miles so far.
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 10:35 pm

If they are damaged by mud and water they won't replace em.
Back to top Go down
seweljj
SSXSRider Member
seweljj

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 10:15 am

I have about a 100 miles on a set in the front of mine. I guess time will tell.
Back to top Go down
d6nlpg
SSXSRider Member
d6nlpg

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2012-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 11:52 am

how do you know this rzr4?
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 1:39 pm

It's also limited to ONE replacement... provided it isn't abused or misused.
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:31 pm

I just replaced all 4 of mine when Seweljj did, one went bad after first ride. He is replacing though
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 10:57 pm

d6nlpg wrote:
I had some that had rust inside em from the water and they wouldnt replace em
Back to top Go down
d6nlpg
SSXSRider Member
d6nlpg

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2012-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 11:07 pm

well thats BS they r RZR parts guess I will em before I buy some more
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 11:08 pm

rzr4 rider wrote:
d6nlpg wrote:
I had some that had rust inside em from the water and they wouldnt replace em
You would think if they were quality-bearings they would not let water in??
Back to top Go down
Bigmike

Bigmike

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 9:16 am

They will all let water in at some point. I always take a grease needle and between the seal and bearing, be carefull not to damage the seal, and add marine grease. Bearing do not come greased very well, at least not for our type of application.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 7:42 am

I wanted to give an update on my Pivot Works bearings. The rears seem to be doing well but the fronts are already shot. I'd say I have about 350 miles on them now. I won't be ordering them again.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:58 pm

What is a good bearing to buy?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Reeko wrote:
I wanted to give an update on my Pivot Works bearings.  The rears seem to be doing well but the fronts are already shot.  I'd say I have about 350 miles on them now.  I won't be ordering them again.

Here is my $.02 on wheel bearings. When you can only get two to five hundred miles out of them, then it is time to change your spindles. The last set I put in my machine were loose before I hit the trails. The spindles wear out "with my type of riding" after about two thousand miles.
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 6:28 pm

Big-R wrote:
Reeko wrote:
I wanted to give an update on my Pivot Works bearings.  The rears seem to be doing well but the fronts are already shot.  I'd say I have about 350 miles on them now.  I won't be ordering them again.

Here is my $.02 on wheel bearings.  When you can only get two to five hundred miles out of them, then it is time to change your spindles.  The last set I put in my machine were loose before I hit the trails.  The spindles wear out "with my type of riding" after about two thousand miles.    

You are exactly right .....the spindles wear when the bearing gets to moving around.
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 8:19 pm

What are you guys calling the spindle and where is it wearing causing wheel bearing play? The outer race of the bearings are fixed to the carrier and the inner race should be stationary on the hub and spindle face when you tighten down the castle nut. If any wear is happening because of that, it would have to be because of a loose castle nut.

I have greatly prolonged wheel bearings by using high temp gasket maker silicon on the inner race to "glue" it to the hub on assembly, also apply it all around the edges of the bearing where the snap ring is and where the three indentions are on the back side of carrier ....it also makes it water tight.

It just makes disassembly harder and I'm so often changing cv joints, axles , diffs (lol) that I quit gluing the bearings in---but they will last a lot longer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!   Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!
Page 1 of 1