SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about wheel bearings?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Question about wheel bearings? Empty
PostSubject: Question about wheel bearings?   Question about wheel bearings? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 8:41 am

How often do you guys pull / inspect / repack your wheel bearings? Do they go bad often? Only had my Rhino since NOV and don't have many miles on it yet but like to stay on top of things as good as I can. Thanks for your time guys.
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Question about wheel bearings?   Question about wheel bearings? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 8:56 am

whenever I have my wheels off the ground for whatever reason I check for play in them. If there is any play its time for new bearings. I haven't changed mine yet but probably should jack it up just to check.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Question about wheel bearings?   Question about wheel bearings? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 8:44 pm

I am more than experienced in crapping out wheel bearings. Neuromax is spot on, check for play, and rotation for squeaking, in the wheels. You should be ok, for now. The bearings can be repacked, some say you cant because they are sealed. But I have re-packed many that were sealed. Just like all parts it depends on your riding style and what you ride in. They can be under packed and over packed. Everything I have read says they should be packed about 1/3 of total bearing surface. I replaced mine, all around, at about 1500 miles and they were severely abused. This set has 1800 miles and are in decent shape. I can attribute that to re-packing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about wheel bearings?   Question about wheel bearings? Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about wheel bearings?
Page 1 of 1