SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions needed

Go down 
+5
KyMedic
chipper
DoddS
njcraddock
RZR_Joe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:24 am

This past weekend at Evarts everyone was trying to convince me to go to 30s so I'm going to give them a shot. I love my swamplites but they do not make them in a 30" so have to go a different route. Also need to change my belt and figured I do the clutch at the same time.

Need suugestions for:
1) Tires 30 x 12 x 14s (no heavy stuff like Pittbulls)
2) Rims - 14" beadlocks (Hypers?)
3) Best belt? ("S" model? I'm seeing diff parts #s for 08-10?)
4) Clutch - ( do not want to lose my compression braking or change the secondary)

Also if anyone knows where the best deals are let me know.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:32 am

BTW - Keep in mind I want a soft aggressive tire for crawling - don't care about longevity just function.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:13 am

I beleive Hollon has a set of 30" Dominators on 14" beadlock wheels that he is selling. They are used but looked like they were in good shape. No idea on the clutch or belt.
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:28 pm

How much for your Swamp Lites?
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:19 pm

DoddS wrote:
How much for your Swamp Lites?

I'm going to keep them in case I don't like the new ones.
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:24 pm

Check with Swingarm1 on your clutch work, he is pretty good with them and is reasonably priced.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:35 pm

Will do Chipper.

I've lost a lot of GC due ot the stock springs sagging and laying the front shocks down. I wanted dual rate springs so I did some research and called around.

Called Hypercoil about springs, tech had no clue and refered me to RE Suspension in Charalotte. Gave them a call and basically got "Dunno, but if you know what (IE:ID x length & lbs) you wantt we can help"...no help. LMAO, if I knew what I needed I would not need tech support!

Called Racer Tech - (should have been the first call) - Bingo - Dual rate XP springs 2.5" x 250lbs fronts and 2.5" x 300lbs rears with adpaters and dual spring kit on the way..$625 These guys are always knowledgable and friendly... clap
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Hopefully they have worked out the kinks with their spring maker and their powdercoater. I was told that the springs would be shipped in two weeks, a month later they had not been shipped. Just don't be too surprised if you are under the gun to get them installed by the next club ride.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 6:03 pm

Told me they have them in stock and were expecting another shipment Friday scratch
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:20 pm

I have the first run Racer Tech XP spring in the HD 275# F and 325# R and they work great. I also had smooth ride rebuild my shocks and all I can say is it WORKS.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:05 pm

DoddS wrote:
I have the first run Racer Tech XP spring in the HD 275# F and 325# R and they work great. I also had smooth ride rebuild my shocks and all I can say is it WORKS.

Cool.

Pretty happy with the ride and articulation now. I went with the mdium duty, just want to get my GC back without making it any stiffer.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 7:45 am

Smooth ride..what did he charge?

Ok - need some help folks. Can't find crap in a 30" tire I like. Seems most all of the 30s are either mud of BHs. Seems to be a good choice in a 15" rim however. Can't find a beadlock rim in 15"....grrrrr. Found a few companies doing beadlock conversions. I've seen a lot of the rock guys out west going to a LT on thier SXSs. So what about using a 15" LT tire on a 15" beadlock conversion? Think a LT tire is too stiff?
Back to top Go down
KyMedic
SSXSRider Member
KyMedic

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2012-04-09

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:33 am

Been thinking about putting super swamper LT on mine. They come in a 225/85/14 which is about a 29x10.
Back to top Go down
KyMedic
SSXSRider Member
KyMedic

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2012-04-09

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:37 am

Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:57 am

KyMedic wrote:
Been thinking about putting super swamper LT on mine. They come in a 225/85/14 which is about a 29x10.

I want something a bit bigger than a 29, can get a 29.5x10x12 swamp lites. Figure if I'm gonna go biger might as well go all out

OK, here's what I've found out. No one makes a true rock/trail tire for 14" rims in anything larger than a 29. Choices are very limited in the ATV/UTV tire market for 12/14" rims. Going to a 15" LT tire makes the choices limitless. No one makes a 15" beadlock rin on a 4/156 pattern, non-beadlock 15" on 4/156 are availble.

So here what I've come up with for optins:

Rims:

1) 15" non-beadlock 4/156 (~$150ea) single beadlock conversion ~$150 or ~$300 for dual beadlock. ~$300-$450ea for rims

2) Adpaters (~$250 set); 4/156 to 5/4.5" Jeep pattern. 15" beadlocks for 5/4.5 are ~$300. Still need to have a beadlock conversion done for the inside. So about the same as #1 plus the cost of the adapters.

Personally I prefer not to use adpaters so I'm leaning toward the first option.

Tires:

With a 14" the tire choice is very limtied. With a 15" rim the choices are limitless. I have always been an Interco fan since my Jeep days. Interco makes the Swamp lites in a 29.5"x10x12 but no 12" wide and I'd really like more of a rock tires so 15" is a must.

Super Swamper TSL Bias
Suggestions needed 4mmh5yqygouwin_sm
Size part# lbs ply depth tread width OD
31x10.50-15LT SAM-12 48 6 24/32 9.0 31.3

Super Swamper TSL SX
Suggestions needed Htgj2tmm9nnkw_sm
32x11.50-15LT SAM-77 55 6 23/32 9.9 31.6

Super Swamper TLB
Suggestions needed 61bksdpc1azz_sm
31x11.50-15LT LTB-01 47 6 22/32 9.8 31.0

All of the above are around $200ea. I'm leaning toward the SS TLB because of weight / tread design / size.

There are so many choices in a 15" but like I said I'm and Interco fan. If someone has an alternate in basically the same spec above please post them up.

So at this point if I'm going to go this route might as well go all out. 15" 4/156 dual beadlocks with SS TLBs. Also will need to do some clutch work before running this big of a tire. Clutch suggestions welcomed.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 4:57 pm

njcraddock wrote:
Hopefully they have worked out the kinks with their spring maker and their powdercoater. I was told that the springs would be shipped in two weeks, a month later they had not been shipped. Just don't be too surprised if you are under the gun to get them installed by the next club ride.

Shocked No Rolling Eyes scratch coco Mad

Still have not shipped................
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:18 pm

Joe those seem like really big tires for an 800 and trail riding..

Racertech makes good stuff.. They are Super Slow though.. And for some reason they simply out right Lie about when you will get your stuff.. I've ordered stuff from them twice.. Both times it took much longer then they told me.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:31 pm

Yep I have ordered a bunch of stuff from them and I have had to call and check on the order each time. Quality parts but slow. Have not decided on tires yet. Having a hard time justifying cost vs gain. Probably end up going to 29.5" swamp lites.
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks Jerry, some how I missed them when I checked their site the other day I'll give then a call tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:53 pm

I have ran several different swampers on my Jeeps and loved the majority for slow rock crawling or trail riding. For higher speeds they sucked since you couldn't balance them and the bias versions took to long to get warm torun out some flat spots. Currently running35" BFG KM2 and no weight was needed even with bead locks to balance and nice side wall flex at higher8-10psi. I'd run the scampers around 4-5 psi.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:19 am

Back to top Go down
hobbz

hobbz

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-11-11

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:05 pm

I am picking up some 31 courser mt's tuesday to put on mine. with the price I am getting on them, I couldn't pass them up. Right now I am going to put them on msa m12's without beadlock. Hopefully I won't have problems knocking the bead off
Back to top Go down
http://redneckridgeriders.com
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 6:48 pm

The springs finally shipped yesterday woo hoo Only two weeks after they were suppose to Rolling Eyes These are the larger 2.5" dia springs, I'll report on on they work out.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 5:06 pm

Got the springs installed and took it for a quick spin. The rears seem about right but I'm thinking I'll need 300lbs in the front also. Front still seems a bit soft but miles better than stock springs. Will know better after the first trial ride.

Was not impressed with the quality of the powder coating though... Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggestions needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions needed   Suggestions needed Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions needed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Polaris-
Jump to: