SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coot......................

Go down 
+7
Gimpy
firepup
Sporto
Big-R
BIG D 57
cajuncoot
Foxfire
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Coot...................... Empty
PostSubject: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 4:52 pm

#5 piston cracked in 2 pieces ....but did not break the wrist pin boss.....# 6 cracked,
but not in 2.

East wall of garage will be replaced.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 5:42 pm

holy smoke !!! can we still get another 3 million out of her ?? and if the east wall is gone time to expand !!
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 pm

soory to hear of the fire, Coot told me today,as good as that rig looks i know you will fix her like new
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:45 pm

That sucks...
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:47 pm

The Hammer Lane will do it everytime!! lol!
Back to top Go down
firepup
SSXSRider Member
firepup

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Sorry to see this Fox. Like Coot said..... expand and your rig is just broke in so fix her back up and dont forget to add some bling.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:56 pm

Sorry to hear. Hope you get everything back in order.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Exactly what happened to what, when, where, how, what all went wrong and can we possibly help out?
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 6:41 am

Hate to hear the Awesome truck Broke Fox..... Sad
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 10:52 pm

DirtDawber wrote:
Exactly what happened to what, when, where, how, what all went wrong and can we possibly help out?

2 things....
Monday evening my garage caught on fire. Oil stain and varnish rages in a sealed plastic bucket self ignited, outside the east wall and poof.
Tuesday evening the engine in the Peterbilt broke...

.........................................................................................................................
Engine is totally stripped down, should have all of the new parts on Monday and will start the assembly.....6 cylinder kits, rod and main bearings, heads totally reworked, gasket set, water pump, and re time injector timing.
.........................................................................................................................
Tanks everyone . And to answer the main question, yes she will HAMMER again.
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 11:00 pm

That sucks Fox. Good luck on getting the truck back up and running. I know your very proud of it.
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:35 am

Sorry to here about all the bad luck.
Back to top Go down
firepup
SSXSRider Member
firepup

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:32 pm

Long live the Pete.

Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Glads to hear ,how much damage to the garage, hope things work out.
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 11:22 pm

Damn.

At least is sounds like you have a handle on the situation.
Keep us updated, please.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:24 pm

Yep. I saw a house that was just built and finished burn to the ground, the same way.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:51 am

Gimpy wrote:
Yep. I saw a house that was just built and finished burn to the ground, the same way.

I guess there is a reaction of the product on the rag's being closed up in the sealed container.....
still can't figure it out in my head......but then I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

DD, Big D......the siding on the east wall is toast.....wood is toast in about 6' square in the center of the wall. Will be an easy fix .....Chainsaw
Nuttin inside was damaged.

Attention ....now for the important stuff Exclamation
All parts, except for the rods and heads, came in yesterday. Main bearings have been installed and so have the sleeves. (Book calls for 4 hours to install main bearings...we did it in 1 ...2 peep's) Rod and heads will be back to the shop today, so things are right on track....should blow smoke Thursday afternoon Exclamation

Sporto.....
Did you ever see the header, for Big Trucks, that was made years ago by an outfit in Cali; it is all stainless steel and actually has runners instead of a straight cast manifold ?
Well I got my hands on one!!!! It was called " The Octopus".....pic's to follow.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coot......................   Coot...................... Empty

Back to top Go down

Coot......................
Page 1 of 1