SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..

Go down 
+3
wvregulators
RZR_Joe
8ball_99
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. Empty
PostSubject: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:39 pm

So I haven't really been paying much attention since I already had a fair amount of ammo when all this chit started.. I also already have an AR,, Glocks, high capacity mags, ect.. So I haven't been looking for anything. Now I knew with them trying to go after them, that mags that hold more then 10 and the guns they consider "assault" were probably flying off the shelf. Past week or so I've been paying a little more attention since I had a buddy who was trying to find some 9mm ammo call me.. No one and I mean none of the shops around here have any 9mm target ammo.. Apparently they were out of a lot of other calibers untill not to long ago.. Still can't find 22lr? WTH? I looked online and places I get reloading supplies are out of almost everything. A buddy of mine told me his girlfriends dad bought a Bushmaster AR yesterday for 1300 feaking bucks.. Said they had a stock colt there for 2200. Which that doesn't really surprise me since they are going after them.. Same time it pisses me off.. They also had cheap noname plastic 30rnd AR mags for 40 bucks a pop... Mags that were probably 11 bucks a couple months ago. Its like the law went through. Why is ammo, and pretty much everything else gun related going nuts? Did I miss something? Are they going after ammo and stuff to?

As far as the assault ban bllchit.. There is a savage HMR17 I've been wanting.. Now mind you this a bolt action .17 caliber rifle. I guess I should have ran out and bought one when the chit started hitting the fan. But I mean I figured .17, bolt action. No way they mess with that stuff.. Wrong.. By looking at the what makes an assault rifle. Since that tarket rifle has a thumb hole in the stock it would fall under the ban.. So ofcourse you can find them.. Such BS.. Yeah we better keep those .17 bolt actions off the streets them things are to dangerous.. scratch Sorry for the rant lol I just didn't realize it was so bad already..
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:33 pm

My safe is full of those mean looking black rifles thatsright There has been a run on most all hand gun ammo but if you look it's out there and at a reasonable price. 223 is nowhere to be found unless your lucky. Most was bought up buy a$$holes to resell at 3-4 times the normal price. Fourtunetly my favorite dealer has not raised his prices on ARs or anything else. It's so bad though he posts on facebook at 7pm each night what he gets in that day. They start camping out at 10pm that night and sleep at the door. Come 9am there 70+ people in line affraid

If you have a Gander Mountain close check to see when thier ammo is delivered each week. I just bought another 2k rounds 223 ammo the other night. I was paying $320 for 1k, paid $500 per 1k at GM. On gunbroker 1k of 223 is going for $800-1000. Also picked up a few thousand rounds of 9mm & 45acp at a reasonable price.

This will die down and the gun shops that are jacking up the price now will suffer.
Back to top Go down
wvregulators
SSXSRider Member
wvregulators

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2012-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:42 pm

the 223 is the worst to find but a very good friend of mine has 75,000 thats right 75,000 rounds in two safes so im set on that ammo
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:03 pm

chit goes down im going to Joes house!!
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Wow I know where all the ammo went. You guys are buying it up. I try to keep a few boxes of this and that, not thousands and thousands of rounds though lol
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:42 pm

Hollon wrote:
chit goes down im going to Joes house!!

thatsright

Joe's house is ready for the zombie apocalypse or any other problems that arise.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:45 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
Wow I know where all the ammo went. You guys are buying it up. I try to keep a few boxes of this and that, not thousands and thousands of rounds though lol

A few boxes is only fun for a few minutes with an AR lol!

Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Well I mean I have two ammo boxes worth of 5.56 Probably have 7-800 rounds of it.. I'm to poor to go out and burn through a few hundred bucks of ammo on a regular basis. I shoot 9mm .40 and .45 ACP most of the time. With reloading it cost me about 8-10 bucks per 50.. I'll walk out the back field and run through some here and there.. Some times I might shoot a couple hundred rounds.. Some times I might just shoot a couple mags. Now we will give the .22 a work out. If I'm in the mood and have time to kill on a nice day. I'll take a case of it and run the plinker's till I'm tired of reloading. 500 rounds for less then 20 bucks I can swing that np haha
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:15 pm

I hear ya, I just am getting into reloading. Found a deal on a Dillon 650xl a few weeks ago. 223/556 use to be reasonable but it's insane now. Been saving brass for a while so it should ease the cost. Problem has been locating bullets, they are sold out everywhere. Did manage to find a few thousand Rem 55g FMJ bullets but there still a month from shipping. Now 308 is a different story, costs a fortune to shoot my AR-10s. Even once fired 308 brass is crazy priced.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:22 pm

Well see I reload 223. I've got probaly 1500 projectiles. But rifle bullets take much longer and are more trouble then pistol rounds. Rifle brass tends to need adjusting faster. .45 acp brass last forever and the short fat bullets are a breaze to load and check.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:24 pm

What are you thoughts on hard cast for 45 & 9mm?
Back to top Go down
wvregulators
SSXSRider Member
wvregulators

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2012-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:41 pm

i just purchased a M & P 15-22 for the wife and i got me a GSG-522 THIS LITTLE GUN IS BADASS!!!
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:50 pm

Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. Img_1210

Im using my personal collection to fight to joes house haha
Back to top Go down
RangeRover
SSXSRider Member
RangeRover

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:18 pm

MB, your going to need more help.

Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. Dsc_0010
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:50 pm

well if you ever need anybody that can actually hit something with that rifle at the range its capable of..... you can be my spotter Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. 13435
Back to top Go down
RangeRover
SSXSRider Member
RangeRover

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:52 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
well if you ever need anybody that can actually hit something with that rifle at the range its capable of..... you can be my spotter Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. 13435

If you shoot like you trail ride, well then I have no worries ownedsm
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:52 pm

RangeRover wrote:
MuddyBuddy wrote:

Haha dont worry Im a much better shot!!!
Back to top Go down
RangeRover
SSXSRider Member
RangeRover

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:54 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
RangeRover wrote:
MuddyBuddy wrote:

Haha dont worry Im a much better shot!!!

Eat time and place bro!!!!
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Haha pm sent! We need to go to martys place, hear he has fun stuff to shoot!
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:10 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. Img_1210

Im using my personal collection to fight to joes house haha

Cool! Looks like MP-15/22 & 556 models. Nice choices, I really like the M&P series. I've got ARs and the pistols, Two 15/22s, two 223/556 models, 300 blackout, & 45acp, 40sw, 9mm.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 pm

that mp15/22 is the "fun gun" i love that lil bastard!!! the 556 is a slick sum bi*ch. still my fav and my baby is the XDM 45, yes even more than the 1911.......but if I could get my hands on a thompson 45 I will have a new fav. Ever since I shot that gun I really really want one
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:19 pm

RangeRover wrote:
MB, your going to need more help.

Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. Dsc_0010

SWEET!!!! Dmps SS 20" Free floated BB. ???
Got one and it's big brother AR10. Got a Nikon P223 on the 556 and a M308 on 308 model. The BDC makes deadly accurate out to 600yrds.

Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:25 pm

DPMS AR10 308 SS BB

Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. 2013-01-28_19-16-18_810
Back to top Go down
RangeRover
SSXSRider Member
RangeRover

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:26 pm

Very close, it's a 24" SS free floated BB, good eye there Joe allright
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:27 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Haha pm sent! We need to go to martys place, hear he has fun stuff to shoot!

Count me in. BTW- Finally got my XDM 45, becoming a big fan of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next