SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..

Go down 
+3
wvregulators
RZR_Joe
8ball_99
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:30 pm

RangeRover wrote:
Very close, it's a 24" SS free floated BB, good eye there Joe allright

Wonder how I knew lol!
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:29 am

RZR_Joe wrote:
What are you thoughts on hard cast for 45 & 9mm?

The only thing I use cast bullets for is colt 45. I have a buddy that casts is own 45 acp.. If your buying the bullets though you can buy plated bullets for pretty much the same price. With plated bullets they are as clean as full metal jacket and you don't have to worry about the velocity as much as with led. In a 45 led is fine though. Most of my 9mms are Glocks so I've never even thought about using led for 9mm. Hard cast would probably be ok depending on the load and the gun. I'm guessing it would be pretty dirty though..

Funny you guys bring up XD. My daily carry is XD .40 subcompact with night sights. I've been very happy with it.. But I've been trying to track down a XDs. Thinking that might be my new carry.. One of our local shops is suppose to be getting 11 of them in. First come first serve.. I called them today and they told me not there yet try back tomorrow, they are in route.. So maybe I'll get lucky and get my hands on one.. Hope so I've already got my crossbreed holster ordered for it lol. Not crazy about going back to a 6 shot for my carry, But there is just something about .45 acp and that XDs.. I know a few cops and military guys. After talking with them I don't think I'd carry anything less then a 9mm. And really a 45 is the chit. Was talking to an X cop the other day who had been in five shootings while on duty. He had been to the FBI sniper school, ect.. He told me after he put 5 of his 6 .38 into a guy and he was still coming until his partner dropped him with a 12gauge he only carries 45acp now.. When you talk to people with real world experience and hear stories of perps taking multiable shots from 9s and .38s and not going down it sorta of makes you think.. Not saying my 10rnds of .40 isn't enough. Just would like to have a little smaller carry and there is just something about those big 45 bullets....
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:31 am

Big 45 fan here, my carry is a MP45 compact. Big bullets make big holes and the slow moving 45acp is known for ripping off body parts thatsright
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:54 am

I've looked at the XDs 45 and it was too small for my liking. It's got one hell of a kick being so small. My MP 45 compact has quite a kick but recovers well. It's an 8+1 and it also accepts full size mags with an extension then you have 10+1.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:45 pm

Man you are right. I went to 2 places I usally get some ammo from. No bulletts, no 12 gauge shells with shot bigger than #8 was available. What a suck place our country is becoming.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:50 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
MuddyBuddy wrote:
Haha pm sent! We need to go to martys place, hear he has fun stuff to shoot!

Count me in. BTW- Finally got my XDM 45, becoming a big fan of them.

thatsright
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:05 pm

Hunter Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. - Page 2 778176 Got my hands on a XDs.. Called them this morning and asked if they made it in yet.. Guy said yep we got em and only have sold a couple so far..
Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. - Page 2 File_zpsd5afb0f8
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:58 am

will tell me how you like it after you put a few rounds thro her. I am really diggin the xds I am thinkin about gettin one!
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:20 am

Lol oh I shot it when I got it home. I like it it's the same length as my 40 but thinner. The grip is way thinner then my .40. It should be very easy to carry. It shoots pretty good. I only put 4 mags through it so far though. I've got a few pocket guns lcp, keltec. The Xds is not a pocket gun. Little bigger then a lc9 but has a pretty good grip and much better sights. I think it is about as small as you can get and still be easy to shoot. The kick isn't bad I mean you know it's not a 9mm but its not like your shooing an ultra light 357
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:01 am

8ball_99 wrote:
Lol oh I shot it when I got it home. I like it it's the same length as my 40 but thinner. The grip is way thinner then my .40. It should be very easy to carry. It shoots pretty good. I only put 4 mags through it so far though. I've got a few pocket guns lcp, keltec. The Xds is not a pocket gun. Little bigger then a lc9 but has a pretty good grip and much better sights. I think it is about as small as you can get and still be easy to shoot. The kick isn't bad I mean you know it's not a 9mm but its not like your shooing an ultra light 357

When you put a few more rounds through it and have a good feel for it let me know how you like it. I have become a SA fan so I might have to take another look at it.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:49 am

Had a couple buddies show up at the house yesterday to shoot. I only put about 25 rounds or so through Xds. Weather didn't want to play nice. I'm still digging it the other guys shot it and liked it also. Did have one minor issue. Had the first round fail to feed. But it was one of my hand loads and the guy that was shooting is a very new shooter. As in bought his first pistol "p22" a few months ago. I think what happened is he didn't rack the slide well. Between that and my hand loads being on the longer side it caused the problem. Dropped the make to clear the round racked it myself and it worked np. Even stuck the round back in the mag and it cycled np. So pretty much if you have longer .45 rounds you need to rack the slide not slowly slide it. Other then that np. Very smooth trigger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..   Gun Control crap is driving me crazy.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gun Control crap is driving me crazy..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2