SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

sand mine and eternal flame

Go down 
+2
girdlerrzr
stomper1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stomper1

stomper1

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2013-02-23

sand mine and eternal flame Empty
PostSubject: sand mine and eternal flame   sand mine and eternal flame EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:15 am

Riding from TRAILSEND does any body know which trails to take to get to the sand mine and the eternal flame from . fixing to order my gps maps from Dan this week and I would like to ride to these spots.
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

PostSubject: Re: sand mine and eternal flame   sand mine and eternal flame EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 12:43 pm

we tried to make it to sand mines but someone had cut trees down to it...
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: sand mine and eternal flame   sand mine and eternal flame EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:28 pm

We went yesterday and the trail was clear. We went across Pancheon Creek trail and the water trail to the gravel road and followed it down to the highway and crossed over to the widow maker trail.
Back to top Go down
stomper1

stomper1

PostSubject: Re: sand mine and eternal flame   sand mine and eternal flame EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 4:23 pm

cool but how do you get to rhose trails from trailsend .
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

PostSubject: Re: sand mine and eternal flame   sand mine and eternal flame EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Go across the mountain to Montgomery and cross the concrete bridge take a right and keep going till you pass the church. Take a left on the gravel road at the bridge. Dan has some good maps of the area you can download on google earth. On facebook look up north cumberland trails map
Back to top Go down
BigAlCash
SSXSRider Member
BigAlCash

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2012-01-08

PostSubject: Re: sand mine and eternal flame   sand mine and eternal flame EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:45 pm

That's a great ride!
Back to top Go down
stomper1

stomper1

PostSubject: Re: sand mine and eternal flame   sand mine and eternal flame EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:27 am

planning on ridind next ride thanks guys i should have gps and maps from this week.
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: sand mine and eternal flame   sand mine and eternal flame EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 9:08 am

So anyone want to chime in about this eternal flame / sand mine?  Sounds interesting

Only thing I have read is there is a big hill that on the other side (over the peak) is a 700-1000' drop off
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

PostSubject: Re: sand mine and eternal flame   sand mine and eternal flame EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 10:06 am

Baditude wrote:
So anyone want to chime in about this eternal flame / sand mine?  Sounds interesting

Only thing I have read is there is a big hill that on the other side (over the peak) is a 700-1000' drop off
The sandmines are at the top of the widowmaker trail and leaving from TE you can pass the eternal flame on the way
Back to top Go down
stomper1

stomper1

PostSubject: Re: sand mine and eternal flame   sand mine and eternal flame EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:32 am

what kind of trail is the widow maker a red , violet going to ride it this weekend .Just like to know what we're getting into. Also isn't there like a bunch of road between eternal flame and there. Just gps and goin to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

PostSubject: Re: sand mine and eternal flame   sand mine and eternal flame EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:29 pm

It's a violet trail but doesn't need to be for sxs's. I can see it being that color for 4 wheeelers. It is alot of fun
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

PostSubject: Re: sand mine and eternal flame   sand mine and eternal flame EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 2:09 pm

id like to go sometime
Back to top Go down
stomper1

stomper1

PostSubject: Re: sand mine and eternal flame   sand mine and eternal flame EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 10:47 am

made it to the sand mines from trailsend in November came down widow maker great ride. Dan's maps are the stuff.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: sand mine and eternal flame   sand mine and eternal flame EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:54 am

rzr4 rider wrote:
It's a violet trail but doesn't need to be for sxs's. I can see it being that color for 4 wheeelers. It is alot of fun

The color coding is definitely for quads... SxSs midigate much of the difficulty...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sand mine and eternal flame   sand mine and eternal flame Empty

Back to top Go down

sand mine and eternal flame
Page 1 of 1