SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ball Joints???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Raccer
SSXSRider Member
Raccer

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2013-08-24

Ball Joints??? Empty
PostSubject: Ball Joints???   Ball Joints??? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Ok my 800 S only has a little over 500 miles. I just changed out my front lower a-arm bushings today and notcied the ball joints had a decent amount of play in them. Is this normal? And if not what is the best replacements.  

On a side note I think I will go with the Super Dave's bushings all around the next time.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Ball Joints??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball Joints???   Ball Joints??? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:16 pm

No they are not suppose to have any play in them, with 900 miles I have replaced my balljoints twice and this time went with Quadboss replacements.. As for bushings I was replacing them every ride so this last time I went with RacerTech bushings and sleeves.. These things are a lot of fun but are not designed to last the way I like to ride.. Thank goodness for the aftermarket making it better..
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Ball Joints??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball Joints???   Ball Joints??? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:41 pm

Yeah they need changed. Ball joints are suppose to be pretty snug. I've had good luck with All Ballz racing when it comes to ball joints and bearings.. One thing that seems to help is to shoot a little grease in between the rubber and the ball joint. They come pretty much dry. Get a needle for your grease gun and you can slip it between the ball joint and the rubber sleeve with out hurting it. If you ride in a lot of water and or you beat them to death I think pretty much any of the ball joints won't last to long. So far on my XP the stock ones are lasting longer then they did on my S. I think the extra suspension helps absorb a lot of the abuse. I know on my 50" RZR it seemed like every couple hundred miles something was wore out.
Back to top Go down
Raccer
SSXSRider Member
Raccer

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2013-08-24

Ball Joints??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball Joints???   Ball Joints??? EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 12:06 am

Was looking at the some that Super Dave's sales that have grease fitting in them might give them a try. Anyone used those?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ball Joints??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball Joints???   Ball Joints??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ball Joints???
Page 1 of 1