SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Common rattles on the RZR

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Yarbrough

Yarbrough

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-12-28

Common rattles on the RZR Empty
PostSubject: Common rattles on the RZR   Common rattles on the RZR EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 9:56 pm

I have now got about 200 miles on the new Rzr and kind of hear a couple of very small rattles or squeeks. One happens to be the door knob hardware that has a very slight rattle on gravel roads. There also seems to be some shield or something underneath or behind me that I can here at certain RPM's. I do understand that there are going to be a couple minor squeeks due to how they are driven. Is there any advice on where to check and prevent certain areas from this?
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Common rattles on the RZR   Common rattles on the RZR EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 7:18 am

I see you have a 900 but on my wife's 800, she was getting a noise from the back at a low to mid rpm. It ended up be the muffler support. There are two post facing toward the front of the Rzr coming out of the back of the muffler. The post on the passenger side was tight against the rubber bushing in the metal flange. It soon wore through the bushing and would vibrate against the metal.
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Common rattles on the RZR   Common rattles on the RZR EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Squeaks are prob the shocks. Take them loose and they are o-rings on each end of the shock eye. Lube them up real good. If they aren't squeaking now they will so go ahead and do it when u get time.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Common rattles on the RZR   Common rattles on the RZR EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Yep on the shocks. I used anti seize. It has worked great. Thanks to Highlander.
Back to top Go down
seweljj
SSXSRider Member
seweljj

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Common rattles on the RZR   Common rattles on the RZR EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 2:57 pm

It might be an easier question to answer if you asked what doesn't rattle, squeak, pop, and crack? Seriously, the metal shield behind the muffler vibrates and makes a funny sound. Definitely take your shocks off and pull the rubber grommets out and grease them up real good. Mine were terrible about squeaking, but have never given me any problems after I greased them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Common rattles on the RZR   Common rattles on the RZR Empty

Back to top Go down

Common rattles on the RZR
Page 1 of 1