SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

iS THIS COMMON?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

iS THIS COMMON? Empty
PostSubject: iS THIS COMMON?   iS THIS COMMON? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 8:44 pm

I wanted to test the new snorkel so after I logged around 45 miles and new it was running great I figured it was time to take it in the deep water.
I find a canal crossing and head in slowly, As the exhaust starts to go under water i can feel the power being reduced (yes i did the fan blower mod) considerably so i head for high ground. I try again and the same thing happens! Everything it bone dry and water tight but the exhaust does not like to be under water :evil: Is this common? How do I fix it?

Thanks

Shawn
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

iS THIS COMMON? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iS THIS COMMON?   iS THIS COMMON? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 8:51 pm

Snorkel the exhaust is the only way. Once the Exhaust gets under about 2" of H2O the static pressure will begin to cut your power. That is some deep water though affraid
Back to top Go down
Dreth

iS THIS COMMON? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iS THIS COMMON?   iS THIS COMMON? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:20 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Snorkel the exhaust is the only way. Once the Exhaust gets under about 2" of H2O the static pressure will begin to cut your power. That is some deep water though affraid

I did not even get my butt wet Mad . I wanted to be able to sit and idle in water up to the stock air intake if i wanted to. Atleast it made it much quieter cheers
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

iS THIS COMMON? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iS THIS COMMON?   iS THIS COMMON? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 10:39 pm

ya as soon as the exhaust goes too deep power goes way down gotta keep er floored to keep em spinnin
Back to top Go down
Dreth

iS THIS COMMON? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iS THIS COMMON?   iS THIS COMMON? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:47 am

shawnley1222 wrote:
ya as soon as the exhaust goes too deep power goes way down gotta keep er floored to keep em spinnin

even with it floored it wanted to die :evil: I guess its snorkle time scratch
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217

iS THIS COMMON? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iS THIS COMMON?   iS THIS COMMON? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 4:34 pm

Mine does the same thing, the 450 just does not have the back pressure to keep going like the 660. This is common on smaller CC ATV also, its not just Rhinos.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

iS THIS COMMON? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iS THIS COMMON?   iS THIS COMMON? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 5:17 pm

well mine wants to die i just wont let it :D
Back to top Go down
Dreth

iS THIS COMMON? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iS THIS COMMON?   iS THIS COMMON? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 10:15 pm

Clutch wrote:
Mine does the same thing, the 450 just does not have the back pressure to keep going like the 660. This is common on smaller CC ATV also, its not just Rhinos.

good info, THANKS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

iS THIS COMMON? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iS THIS COMMON?   iS THIS COMMON? Empty

Back to top Go down

iS THIS COMMON?
Page 1 of 1