SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you do if your shop is too small?

Go down 
+8
Big-R
PWM
DirtDawber
njcraddock
DrMud
Goose
ohsresq
MIKE_D
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2013-02-11

What do you do if your shop is too small? Empty
PostSubject: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:28 pm

IMPROVISE!!!

If you can't go out...GO UP!

What do you do if your shop is too small? Img_0116
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Show off.... Nice shop. I hope to one day have a shop like that
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:46 pm

Nice shop Mike. What are the dimensions?
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Goose wrote:
Nice shop Mike. What are the dimensions?

24X48...  Kick myself everyday for not going 36X48 with two doors on each end...  DontKnow 
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 8:13 pm

Mine is 24x30 could be bigger
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 9:32 pm

I just wish I had a two car garage with a driveway.  DontKnow 
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
DrMud
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:52 am

Back in the day....Nothing like working outside on a piece of carpet to get a person motivated to finish the job.  Using a little red wagon as a motor hoist for my mudbuggies...

30x50 here with concrete.
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:29 am

DrMud wrote:
Back in the day....Nothing like working outside on a piece of carpet to get a person motivated to finish the job.  Using a little red wagon as a motor hoist for my mudbuggies...

30x50 here with concrete.

Know what you mean Dr. I changed the fuel pump on my lifted 98 Chevy in the gravel driveway. In tank pumps always fail right after a fill up..... I siphoned 5 gallon (only fuel can I had) out of a 25 gallon tank then dropped it on my chest and then to the ground. I swore then that I would have a shop to work on my junk some day. It's finally coming together.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:26 am

Oh the memories of working on my junk out on the cold, wet ground. So much better now! I just need to finish my man cave upstairs. 36x48 plus a 12x14 office
What do you do if your shop is too small? 2012-010
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:34 am

njcraddock wrote:
Oh the memories of working on my junk out on the cold, wet ground. So much better now! I just need to finish my man cave upstairs. 36x48 plus a 12x14 office

VERY NICE!!!!!!!
 Eat Shocked Chug allright hail cool 
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:52 pm

It was so bad when I was young, I would have to walk 5 miles in the snow with no shoes and wade across 5 creeks just to watch someone else work on their car in the mud.

NICE, NICE, NICE shops, Guys !!!   perfect10
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:39 pm

I did a 30x40. I was working on 30x50 but it took 19 sticks of dynamite to get this far.
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:02 pm

MIKE_D wrote:
njcraddock wrote:

VERY NICE!!!!!!!

I think I just nutted in my pants..........  lol! 
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:04 pm

Big-R wrote:
MIKE_D wrote:
njcraddock wrote:

VERY NICE!!!!!!!

I think I just nutted in my pants..........  lol! 

roflmao roflmao roflmao 
Back to top Go down
BluDevil
SSXSRider Member
BluDevil

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Before you know it the shop will be full and you wont be able to walk in it. I have a 20x60 with a 15x15 shed and a 30x80 and everybody brings there SHIT!!! to my shops.

One day I'll have a shop that I can work in!!!
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:54 pm

What do you do if your shop is too small? B8d5df701cbbfb2b66639fffe6813374_zpsd03fc00b

Old Gilbarco H lift comes in handy for working on the SXS's
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 10:47 pm

Nice buddy, A lift is high on my lists of wants for my shop haha. Need to finish my bathroom first though. Mine is a 40x40 with three 12'x12' garage doors. I kind of wish I would have built it 50x50 haha. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter how much garage you have you will fill it.. My house has a 36x22 connected. I have a 30x30 barn. I then built a 16x26. Have a shed for the lawn mower, tiller ect cause there wasn't room in the garage for them anymore. Built the 40x40 last year. And although I still have plenty of room in there to work on what ever. I'm 100% out of wall space and find my self pulling vehicles in and out to make room for projects. I had the idea that the camper would stay in there most of the time. That's changed to the camper is hardly ever in there. I've got a wood burning stove, big screen tv, stereo, Fridge/freezer heck even a bluray player in there. Once I get my full bathroom done I'm not sure I'll even need the house haha
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Nice Mike D. Mine is 44' x 30' and it is full.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you do if your shop is too small?   What do you do if your shop is too small? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you do if your shop is too small?
Page 1 of 1