SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Georgia Riding Spots?

Go down 
+4
ridepate
Goose
GunRunner
RZR_Joe
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Georgia Riding Spots? Empty
PostSubject: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 2:08 pm

We have some friends right outside Atlanta and wanted to come down and take them riding for a weekend. Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 2:39 pm

Ga. sucks for riding just not much here, duramtown out I-20 east toward Augusta, and one pay to ride place up around Cartersville ga, that I cant remember the name of then only one state ran place,where they allow over 50'' wide vehicles is Beasley knob in Blairsville, there are a couple of mud parks way  south but thats all I know of. That's why we all go to Tn  to ride!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 5:13 pm

NC is the same. Durhamtown worth going?
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 7:20 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
I went there a long time ago. Rhinox2 goes there on occasion maybe he'll chime in. When I went there wasn't any technical stuff but may have changed.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Goose wrote:
RZR_Joe wrote:
I went there a long time ago. Rhinox2 goes there on occasion maybe he'll  chime in. When I went there wasn't any technical stuff but may have changed.  

If there not much chance of being upside down, it kinda takes the fun out of it  thatsright roflmao 
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 12:37 am

Moto-Mountain in Fairmont. Durhamtown .....Flat,Flat and Flat.
Back to top Go down
Rhino X 2
SSXSRider Member
Rhino X 2

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 8:52 am

Durham Town is nothing like Wind Rock its not real technical. They do have camping with hook ups, cabins, a place to eat, pro shop, and some parts if you break down to keep you going. they have MX tracks, trails, and a jeep park you can play in. depending on the weekend you go they have different events and local bands playing at night but they stop the riding around 5:30 or 6. also you can look it up they have a web site. If your headed to GA with your buggy to me Durham Town would be the best place to go to ride and enjoy hanging out with your friends
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 1:15 pm

I looked at Durhamtown's website and was not impressed thats why I had asked. Seems mostly geared to motorcross and quads.

What about Beasley Knob OHV Trails?
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 5:18 pm

Beasley knob is ruff but very short like 5 or 10 miles of trails not worth the haul for me and its only 50 or so miles away
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 6:10 pm

http://motomountainpark.com

I'm gonna check it out in a month or so. Supposed to be pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 6:14 pm

moto mountain is decent riding a few nice ruff spots nothing real serious but its only about 500 acres maybe? but it can be covered in about 3 hrs and then you ride it again. which is ok for as close as it is to me but it cost 20 or 25 dollars a day which seems really high when it only cost 18 or so a day to ride windrock and it is 78000 acres. just my 2cents 
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 6:19 pm

DOG wrote:
moto mountain is decent riding a few nice ruff spots nothing real serious but its only about 500 acres maybe? but it can be covered in about 3 hrs and then you ride it again. which is ok for as close as it is to me but it cost 20 or 25 dollars a day which seems really high when it only cost 18 or so a day to ride windrock and it is 78000 acres. just my 2cents 

76 miles of trails as advertized. It is a little high I agree. Wonder if that is per person ($25)or machine?? if it's 25 per person....forget it, i'm out!
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 8:23 pm

im interested in the place near Blairsville ga.its not that far from me.anybody know anything about it ?
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 11:24 am

Craig, its a DNR maintained site open to all off roaders including jeeps and trucks, I ve been there 4 or 5 times, it was free to use but I think it now is a pay to park type deal, 5.00 for all day use. Its not very big, has some good trails, last time I was there they were some that was pretty rough. Its a good time, just head up I-575 past blue ridge and its turn off is before Blairsville, you can find all the directions on the Georgia DNR site.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 12:12 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Craig, its a DNR maintained site open to all off roaders including jeeps and trucks, I ve been there 4 or 5 times, it was free to use but I think it now is a pay to park type deal, 5.00 for all day use. Its not very big, has some good trails, last time I was there they were some that was pretty rough. Its a good time, just head up I-575 past blue ridge and its turn off is before Blairsville, you can find all the directions on the Georgia DNR site.

Beasley Knob OHV? It's is outside Blairsville.
Back to top Go down
Rcc1948

Rcc1948

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-10-19

PostSubject: Beasley Knob in N Georgia.    Georgia Riding Spots? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:09 am

Beasly is closed right now. The Forest service is adding some new trails and making loops out of a couple of dead ends.
My full size 4x4 club does the adopt a trail mantainanc on Beasly Knob. We helped layout the routs for the knew trails.
About 12 miles of trails. Very steep and slick when wet.
Call the USFS ranger station or check the website before going. The Rangers close it area when it gets too wet and it is closed during winter months.
The FS re-numbered the trails and I don't know which is which anymore.
The trail we call Lower Rattlesnake is the most technical.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Georgia Riding Spots?   Georgia Riding Spots? Empty

Back to top Go down

Georgia Riding Spots?
Page 1 of 1