SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Live Action-Getcha some!

Go down 
+7
Goose
Hiteckredneckxp
RZR_Joe
njcraddock
ridepate
MIKE_D
Gimpy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Live Action-Getcha some! Empty
PostSubject: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:45 pm

Put a turtle trap in the pond a while back.  They are getting smaller the more I catch.

Live Action-Getcha some! 23k8ys6
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 10:07 pm

Yee Yee Yee!!!!!!!

Giterdone 
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 10:54 pm

git-em Les!!
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 11:00 pm

I had a girl bring in one of those things to my office last week. It looked like someone had run it over in the road. One eye had popped out and it looked to be unconscious. She kinda got defensive when I told her that it needed to be euthanized and that they were just pests anyway. Turns out she's some sort of turtle biologist with the university. I guess I won't be seeing her again.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 11:13 pm

Turlte Soup  pot
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 11:13 pm

njcraddock wrote:
I had a girl bring in one of those things to my office last week. It looked like someone had run it over in the road. One eye had popped out and it looked to be unconscious. She kinda got defensive when I told her that it needed to be euthanized and that they were just pests anyway. Turns out she's some sort of turtle biologist with the university. I guess I won't be seeing her again.

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao  Oops
Back to top Go down
Hiteckredneckxp
SSXSRider Member
Hiteckredneckxp

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 7:14 am

You should call Turtle Man...Now that's entertainment at its best!
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 7:22 am

Good catch Les don't let that one bite ya. Turtle soup is really good. That one might be good for turtle tea!!!! roflmao 
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Nice catch.
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 9:43 pm

spank  Nathan. You are like me, a TURTLE HATER!!  thatsright 
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 10:05 pm

When I moved in this house 10 years ago my pond was overrun with those turtles. It was great sport to sit on my front porch drinking beer with my Ruger 10/22 and off those bastards. I got to be pretty good at hitting turtle heads at 50 yards. But alas, when the turtles were gone the freaking leaches appeared. I guess they do some good in the food chain after all.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 12:49 pm

lol ok stupid me whats wrong with turtles? Do they cause some kind of problems in ponds? I mean we keep them out of our koi pond, but only because it has a rubber liner and I figured their claws might could damage it.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 3:07 pm

get two of them and you can build some sac armor  lol! 
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 4:03 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
lol ok stupid me whats wrong with turtles? Do they cause some kind of problems in ponds? I mean we keep them out of our koi pond, but only because it has a rubber liner and I figured their claws might could damage it.

They have a voracious appetite and can get quite large. Not good if you are trying to stock fish.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 6:02 pm

8ball_99 wrote:

A turtle is not a turtle

Good turtles: We had several large koi ponds with several hundred fish, up to 12-14lbs. We had them so tame you could feed them by hand. I digress, we had several yellow belly sliders and red ears. We never had any problems with the turtles attacking the fish and a couple of the yellow bellies were ~16" across. Like the koi they were so tame you could hand feed them. BTW - their claws will not tear your liner.

Bad turtles:
Alligator Snapping turtles: Name says it all, they get very large and like Nathan said they have voracious appetites and will eat anything. Including your fingers if you get too close. They can clean a pond of all life on a short time period.

Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 9:56 pm

We have lots of frogs and bull frogs. We have seen the turtles pull the frogs under. They also eat my small fish.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 1:12 am

i seen them eat rabbits.  affraid 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live Action-Getcha some!   Live Action-Getcha some! Empty

Back to top Go down

Live Action-Getcha some!
Page 1 of 1