SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help picking out tubing bender dies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Need help picking out tubing bender dies Empty
PostSubject: Need help picking out tubing bender dies   Need help picking out tubing bender dies EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:23 am

I am going to order a JD Squared Model 3 tubing bender but I do not know which dies to order.
I will obviously will need a 1.75" 90 deg. die but what about the tubing thickness?
What wall thickness is everybody else on here using for their custom cages?

Would this die work?
90 degree bend. Minimum Wall Thickness - .095”. Maximum Wall Thickness – .120”. Part # M3R100239

Any recommendations on additional die sizes?

Bender
https://www.jd2.com/p-32-model-3-bender.aspx

Dies
https://www.jd2.com/p-44-m3-round-die-sets.aspx
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Need help picking out tubing bender dies   Need help picking out tubing bender dies EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 3:16 pm

I got the 5.5 180° 1.75 and sometime I wish I would of gotten the 6.5 so I could bend .083" Every now and then I use .095 when really .083 would do the job. I'm not talking .083 for cages but sometimes some home projects .083 would do the job. Dies are crazy pricey but when you have them they are nice to have. I would stick with all 180º dies but that is my opinion. Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2012-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Need help picking out tubing bender dies   Need help picking out tubing bender dies EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 3:24 pm

In regards to RZR cage building, is there ever an instance to bend past 90 degrees? The 180 degree dies seem to always cost more.
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Need help picking out tubing bender dies   Need help picking out tubing bender dies EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 4:07 am

We used .120 and .095 1.75 DOM on everything. Much stronger than welded for not much extra coin. The 180 degree dies will be fine. What you need is a air over hydraulic conversion kit from SWAG Offroad.
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Need help picking out tubing bender dies   Need help picking out tubing bender dies EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 9:11 am

jhoncho4x4 wrote:
In regards to RZR cage building, is there ever an instance to bend past 90 degrees? The 180 degree dies seem to always cost more.

Only if you want to build a crazy rock crawling type cage. But you will find other projects around the house where you will be glad you got the 180° die. You never know what you might build after the fact. Because you will be thinking about other stuff to build. Air is nice to have but I let the ol' "pythons" do the work. But I wish I'd the air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help picking out tubing bender dies   Need help picking out tubing bender dies Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help picking out tubing bender dies
Page 1 of 1